LG Optimus G benchmarks
0. phoneArena 17 Sep 2012, 23:41 posted on
First benchmarks with the new LG Optimus G - the first Qualcomm S4 Pro based device announced
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
12. baldilocks (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
My GS3 is the International Quad Core Exynos version. Good try though.
14. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i'd still project this going 1 or 2k over the International SIII due to the slightly better architecture and better GPU.
17. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
Oh so you have the International version with the Exynos, nice... You see here's the thing.. the S4 Pro, is also a Quad core.
Im not sure if you've heard about the S4 "Pro" but its kind of a "big deal" You may want to read up on it some, because until now, it was theoretically faster than the Exynos, but now its about to get real.
20. baldilocks (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
I've been at this a LOT longer than you have kid. Don't lecture me.
For the 'big deal' that it is, it's numbers aren't doing much to impress.
Get over it.
27. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
my my, rather presumptuous aren't we? xD
34. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
"You've been at this a lot longer" another statement you can not backup. I am interested in knowing how you determined my age and background. (hopefully not by my avatar)
Also, this "99%" statistical figure you post... seems also inaccurate and more likely to be derived from your emotional rant rather than any sort of reasoning.
Sorry, but if fighting is your objective, I'm not interested. I've even had long discussions with KingKurogiii where we dont see eye to eye on things but atleast we can have civilized discussions... And in this case, he's even concurred with me.
21. baldilocks (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
99% of the problem, is the LG software and hardware that it's running on. Give it to Samsung or HTC and then it will be something.
28. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
HTC? lol, HTC isn't an option if you want a performance optimized device. they're experienced with using Qualcomm SoC's but the problem with them is that their UI's are typically too heavy. if you want to see what the hardware is really capable of see how it runs on a Samsung or maybe a Motorola or you could just try on a Custom ROM.
32. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Yeah, HTC needs some work on their UI... Sense 4.1 made it faster, but it's not good enough. I'm hoping the alleged Sense 4.5 coming out on the HTC phablet will be closer to stock.
33. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
HTC would still, without a doubt, be better than LG dood....
35. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
I'm not sure how this is turning into a debate over brands when I think the focus was more on the S4 Pro processor VS the Exynos, but I guess if I can add anything this, it would be that: Yes HTC (overall) is a better choice than LG at the moment. However, this particular model that LG has made is a step in the right direction.
LG has put a some commendable effort into the Optimus G and It certainly deserves a spot in the top Android contenders.
37. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it's because some people here don't seem t believe that LG doesn't do the S4 Pro any justice which may be true but naturally that went into what would be an ideal test device.
38. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
Very true, I think LG is really trying to change that, but their short track record doesnt help.
Personally I think they should drop the "Optimus" name, since it doesnt necessarily bring back great memories.
...Unless ofcourse they call it "Optimus Prime"!! =D
61. buggerrer (Posts: 306; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
yep, The same thing happened when they showed the power of the dual core G2x (Optimus 2X). That phone was a turd. I had it for over a year and a half and couldn't stand it.
36. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
HTC would no doubt optimize it better but there's no getting around how resource heavy Sense is.
39. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
touchwiz isnt the best either man so please stop acting like it is........
41. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it's tip-top performing UI, don't be mad about it.
64. true1984 (Posts: 823; Member since: 23 May 2012)
touchwiz looks nice and its user-friendly, but all UIs are resource heavy touchwiz is no different. then again i might be a tad partial since i'm using sense 4.1....
68. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
well...yeah, they all use resources, they're UI's but some are lighter than others like TWUX and Moto's Near Stock UX.
69. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
yea TW is way lighter than Sense. Sense is the heaviest piece of manufacturer bloatware out there now that Moto Blur has been dissolved.
There is a reason that a samsung device will generally run better than an HTC device even though they are running the exact same chips.
76. true1984 (Posts: 823; Member since: 23 May 2012)
true but sense 4.1 does have a lot of improvements. is it better that TW? i honestly dont know since i refuse to buy samsung phones after my experience with the epic 4g
59. MuditSharma (Posts: 2; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
HI i recently bought Galaxy s3 international variant ... after seeing this i ran antutu my score is 11179... CPU=6449,ram=2314;gpu=1548;ram=871.. and in quadrant i got 6281.. dont know what these numbers mean.. but performance is awesome.. plus on samsung app store in promotion offer got modern combat 3, shadowgun and asphalt 7 free.. plus lg has a poor customer support in my region...
67. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
Thats good to know. Those are really good scores. The LG Benchmarks show that its slighty faster than your Exynos version of the GS3
...Funny thing is there is a guy on this thread by the name of "Baldilocks" that claims he got 14,000 antutu score.
70. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
sure, if you OC it and put a modded ROM on it, I dont see why that wouldnt be impossible.
75. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
Im sure it would too, but I try to avoid those discussions since they never lead to an enjoyable conversation.
25. rudlie (Posts: 205; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
So, your SGS3 is FAILED. Throw it and change for this one :)
6. bayhuy (Posts: 320; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
My HOX scores 12500 on AnTuTu with stock ROM...
7. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3108; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
I can't wait to see a processor that can score over 9000. Just so I can say, ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!
15. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
and to squeeze our phones into a couple dozen pieces with our hands like Vegeta does with his Scouter. xD