LG Optimus G benchmarks
0. phoneArena posted on 17 Sep 2012, 23:41
First benchmarks with the new LG Optimus G - the first Qualcomm S4 Pro based device announced
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf posted on 18 Sep 2012, 00:09 25 2
HOLY F*CK 7559! S4 Pro just might be the best chip as of right now!
11. neutralguy posted on 18 Sep 2012, 00:30 22 0
I wish it's around 9000+ so we can all say,
It's over 9000!
53. jove39 posted on 18 Sep 2012, 03:47 1 7
Quadrant scores doesn't really paint true picture...apart from cpu scores nothing is trustworthy...my one x with msm8960 topped at 4901 overall...2d=962 and 3d=2046...and this is with 225 gpu...compare it with what we have from 320...almost similar results...if I overclock msm8960 to 2.0, then except cpu...it can trump apq8064 on evrey other score per quadrant...I don't believe quadrant much!
62. TechPsycho (banned) posted on 18 Sep 2012, 12:41 1 0
i benchmarked my One X just now, result 6039 Tha'ts impresive to me :)
2. darkskoliro posted on 18 Sep 2012, 00:12 5 2
So what if theres beefy specs. Cant even handle orientation switching.
18. cmikeh2 posted on 18 Sep 2012, 00:52 0 0
Watched the video and I'm not quite sure exactly what's wrong with how it switched orientation other than LG's horrible transition color choice.
24. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 18 Sep 2012, 00:59 1 0
yea man i seen the video and i did shake my head at the orientation switching........at first i thought the dude wasnt holding correctly but then it jus seemed to be lag......so i dont know about LG but i really would like to see that rumored HTC X5 come into play soon
31. darkskoliro posted on 18 Sep 2012, 01:12 1 0
In addition to the downsides, I just had a look at the hands on video, the aspect ratio fits nicely on the lumia 920 (4.5") but this 4.7" is just too wide..
45. Snoobab posted on 18 Sep 2012, 02:26 0 0
It's most likely the way in which accelerometer timing has been implemented (i.e. "switch orientation if phone in portrait mode for more than 2 seconds"), nothing to do with CPU power. But who knows...
54. darkskoliro posted on 18 Sep 2012, 03:52 0 0
hey saw that comment on youtube :)
yeah as i said in the reply, its not the time that it takes to rotate thats unbelievable, its the time it takes everything to load. Or re-load should I say. By now these companies should have fluid, no-lag experience of just simply switching icons around.
3. wendygarett (limited) 3 days ago posted on 18 Sep 2012, 00:13 6 32
Omg!!! More than 7000!!!
But I still prefer iphone5 :P
16. ghostnexus posted on 18 Sep 2012, 00:46 1 4
Now that I use spotify for my music needs I am seriously thinking about getting the new iPhone
19. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 18 Sep 2012, 00:52 12 0
wendy you kinda obnoxious because on almost every post you say this phone is better than the next...............we just got off the blackberry page and you JUST said the blackberry is better than the itoy5! and now you are saying you like the iphone??? could you please choose a damn phone and stay with it....
26. Mittal posted on 18 Sep 2012, 01:05 5 0
u got that ryt dude!!
Wendy plz list down your top 5 device preferences, and also top 3 OSs, so that we at least know your stand.
Plz refrain from commenting just for the heck ov it!
40. wendygarett (limited) 3 days ago posted on 18 Sep 2012, 01:55 2 2
Better phone doesnt mean I like it :)
I just want an iphone even though it looks like a toy thats all
Dont you think the iphone5 is gorgeous?
46. Android1 posted on 18 Sep 2012, 02:27 4 0
Gorgeous did u mean One X ??? ip5 Are u talking about ibrick ? :p
55. Mittal posted on 18 Sep 2012, 04:04 0 0
I edited this post
63. Android1 posted on 18 Sep 2012, 12:42 0 0
U edited what ? :l
56. Mittal posted on 18 Sep 2012, 04:09 2 0
Yup its gorgeous, just that i dont like the new dimensions
The N9/L800 design is the only one i find beautiful enough for comparison as far as minimalist designs are concerned
22. tharag posted on 18 Sep 2012, 00:56 2 0
if you have already made up your mind then why are you
here on this post.........
48. Android1 posted on 18 Sep 2012, 02:35 1 0
So why are u posting a comment here.. go and buy an itoy :p
49. Android1 posted on 18 Sep 2012, 02:38 1 0
So why are u posting a comment here..? Go & buy an itoy :)
5. baldilocks posted on 18 Sep 2012, 00:16 2 6
AnTuTu score tells more than Quadrant.
My GS3 scores over 14,000 on AnTuTu.
8. 305Bucko posted on 18 Sep 2012, 00:27 4 2
So you scored 14,000 on antutu, good for you... soooo I am assuming that the S4 Pro will probably out score your GS3's regular S4 by maybe 2 or 3 thousand.
Not sure why you posted "LG Fail" when everyone knows that the Optimus G is arguably this years fastest Android device ever.
12. baldilocks posted on 18 Sep 2012, 00:33 1 5
My GS3 is the International Quad Core Exynos version. Good try though.
14. KingKurogiii posted on 18 Sep 2012, 00:41 3 0
i'd still project this going 1 or 2k over the International SIII due to the slightly better architecture and better GPU.
17. 305Bucko posted on 18 Sep 2012, 00:47 5 1
Oh so you have the International version with the Exynos, nice... You see here's the thing.. the S4 Pro, is also a Quad core.
Im not sure if you've heard about the S4 "Pro" but its kind of a "big deal" You may want to read up on it some, because until now, it was theoretically faster than the Exynos, but now its about to get real.
20. baldilocks posted on 18 Sep 2012, 00:53 0 4
I've been at this a LOT longer than you have kid. Don't lecture me.
For the 'big deal' that it is, it's numbers aren't doing much to impress.
Get over it.
27. KingKurogiii posted on 18 Sep 2012, 01:05 5 0
my my, rather presumptuous aren't we? xD
30. Mittal posted on 18 Sep 2012, 01:11 6 0
Lolz... cool down fella !
34. 305Bucko posted on 18 Sep 2012, 01:21 5 0
"You've been at this a lot longer" another statement you can not backup. I am interested in knowing how you determined my age and background. (hopefully not by my avatar)
Also, this "99%" statistical figure you post... seems also inaccurate and more likely to be derived from your emotional rant rather than any sort of reasoning.
Sorry, but if fighting is your objective, I'm not interested. I've even had long discussions with KingKurogiii where we dont see eye to eye on things but atleast we can have civilized discussions... And in this case, he's even concurred with me.
21. baldilocks posted on 18 Sep 2012, 00:55 1 1
99% of the problem, is the LG software and hardware that it's running on. Give it to Samsung or HTC and then it will be something.
28. KingKurogiii posted on 18 Sep 2012, 01:09 0 1
HTC? lol, HTC isn't an option if you want a performance optimized device. they're experienced with using Qualcomm SoC's but the problem with them is that their UI's are typically too heavy. if you want to see what the hardware is really capable of see how it runs on a Samsung or maybe a Motorola or you could just try on a Custom ROM.
32. Berzerk000 posted on 18 Sep 2012, 01:13 5 0
Yeah, HTC needs some work on their UI... Sense 4.1 made it faster, but it's not good enough. I'm hoping the alleged Sense 4.5 coming out on the HTC phablet will be closer to stock.
33. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 18 Sep 2012, 01:20 4 0
HTC would still, without a doubt, be better than LG dood....
35. 305Bucko posted on 18 Sep 2012, 01:31 1 0
I'm not sure how this is turning into a debate over brands when I think the focus was more on the S4 Pro processor VS the Exynos, but I guess if I can add anything this, it would be that: Yes HTC (overall) is a better choice than LG at the moment. However, this particular model that LG has made is a step in the right direction.
LG has put a some commendable effort into the Optimus G and It certainly deserves a spot in the top Android contenders.
37. KingKurogiii posted on 18 Sep 2012, 01:36 1 0
it's because some people here don't seem t believe that LG doesn't do the S4 Pro any justice which may be true but naturally that went into what would be an ideal test device.
38. 305Bucko posted on 18 Sep 2012, 01:48 4 0
Very true, I think LG is really trying to change that, but their short track record doesnt help.
Personally I think they should drop the "Optimus" name, since it doesnt necessarily bring back great memories.
...Unless ofcourse they call it "Optimus Prime"!! =D
61. buggerrer posted on 18 Sep 2012, 10:38 0 0
yep, The same thing happened when they showed the power of the dual core G2x (Optimus 2X). That phone was a turd. I had it for over a year and a half and couldn't stand it.
36. KingKurogiii posted on 18 Sep 2012, 01:34 2 0
HTC would no doubt optimize it better but there's no getting around how resource heavy Sense is.
39. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 18 Sep 2012, 01:55 1 1
touchwiz isnt the best either man so please stop acting like it is........
41. KingKurogiii posted on 18 Sep 2012, 02:02 4 0
it's tip-top performing UI, don't be mad about it.
64. true1984 posted on 18 Sep 2012, 13:36 0 0
touchwiz looks nice and its user-friendly, but all UIs are resource heavy touchwiz is no different. then again i might be a tad partial since i'm using sense 4.1....
68. KingKurogiii posted on 18 Sep 2012, 14:58 0 0
well...yeah, they all use resources, they're UI's but some are lighter than others like TWUX and Moto's Near Stock UX.
69. remixfa posted on 18 Sep 2012, 15:05 0 0
yea TW is way lighter than Sense. Sense is the heaviest piece of manufacturer bloatware out there now that Moto Blur has been dissolved.
There is a reason that a samsung device will generally run better than an HTC device even though they are running the exact same chips.
76. true1984 posted on 19 Sep 2012, 17:49 0 0
true but sense 4.1 does have a lot of improvements. is it better that TW? i honestly dont know since i refuse to buy samsung phones after my experience with the epic 4g
59. MuditSharma posted on 18 Sep 2012, 04:41 2 1
HI i recently bought Galaxy s3 international variant ... after seeing this i ran antutu my score is 11179... CPU=6449,ram=2314;gpu=1548;ram=871.. and in quadrant i got 6281.. dont know what these numbers mean.. but performance is awesome.. plus on samsung app store in promotion offer got modern combat 3, shadowgun and asphalt 7 free.. plus lg has a poor customer support in my region...
67. 305Bucko posted on 18 Sep 2012, 14:05 0 0
Thats good to know. Those are really good scores. The LG Benchmarks show that its slighty faster than your Exynos version of the GS3
...Funny thing is there is a guy on this thread by the name of "Baldilocks" that claims he got 14,000 antutu score.
70. remixfa posted on 18 Sep 2012, 15:06 0 0
sure, if you OC it and put a modded ROM on it, I dont see why that wouldnt be impossible.
75. 305Bucko posted on 18 Sep 2012, 23:32 0 0
Im sure it would too, but I try to avoid those discussions since they never lead to an enjoyable conversation.
25. rudlie posted on 18 Sep 2012, 01:04 4 0
So, your SGS3 is FAILED. Throw it and change for this one :)
7. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 18 Sep 2012, 00:23 4 0
I can't wait to see a processor that can score over 9000. Just so I can say, ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!
15. KingKurogiii posted on 18 Sep 2012, 00:42 2 0
and to squeeze our phones into a couple dozen pieces with our hands like Vegeta does with his Scouter. xD