LG Optimus G Pro to get U.S. introduction at New York event on May 1st
The phone will be going up against some heavy duty competition in the U.S. market, such as the Samsung Galaxy S4, HTC One and the Apple iPhone 5. Will LG be able to make any headway against its fellow Korean OEM? The device has some proprietary features such as QSlide 2.0 which allows multi-taskers to view two apps at once. One app appears solid and the other is translucent and by using the slide bar, you can adjust the settings to switch which app is which. Dual camera lets you use the front and rear facing camera together and Smart Video uses the front facing camera to track your eyes. If it detects that you are watching a video, it will continue playing. Once it notices that your eyes are no longer glued to the screen, the video stops playing thus saving battery life, and remembering where you left off.
1. KParks23 (Posts: 512; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
Hello Vzw is anyone there.??? We would like some new phones also!!
13. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7040; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Verizon have the the razr phones. So why should they get this one? Verizon is probably getting the motorola x phone exclusive as we speak just for themselves. Plus they always get the good phones anyway.
18. KParks23 (Posts: 512; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
That RAZR phone is way outdated no1 wants that crap and what's all this probably? And I'm talking about now they didn't get the htc one, one X, one X plus, lg Optimus g, g pro, no high end nokia, and no Sony phones.. What we did get was a outdated RAZR that was worse spec wise than the s3 that was released months prior, and a DROID dna with some bum ass 16gb of storage that's it! If u think Vzw has better phones than At@t ur in denial
17. samsungIScopycat (banned) (Posts: 27; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
im sure this phone way much better than GS4......
cant wait to see it....
lovely to get LG optimus G~
21. johnriii (Posts: 236; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
even though I love my verizon network, they are really getting under my skin with this lack of new phone trend. we get the S4....great! but what else have we gotten recently? the DNA??? REALLY?? what's up with the lack of Sony smartphones? if it weren't for needing great coverage and service, I would jump ship.
2. MCrapp (Posts: 315; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
I'm waiting 4 Samsung Trolling (take that LG)
3. Azure01 (Posts: 127; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
A day or so after many people will still be trying to figure out the features on their galaxy S IV's...
6. MartianMe (unregistered)
this is pathetic ....first the design from the galaxy note now this...come on lg..
7. Floorkill22 (Posts: 20; Member since: 24 Mar 2013)
LG: no offence but your phones will never be in the same calibre as Samsung's. Nuff said.
8. dorianb (Posts: 547; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Am I the only one thinking no one can hold a phone that still & perfect during the Record/Pause demo?
9. GeekMovement (Posts: 1985; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
This is probably the ugliest phone out of the flagships this year (HTC, Sony, Samsung, LG, Blackberry, Apple, etc.). I prefer the design of the Galaxy S4 by a long way. I'm kind of surprised because I thought LG was focusing on the designs of their handsets...
10. JunitoNH (Posts: 1313; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Are you serious? Have you seen the S4? looks just like the S3. And you can't get any uglier than that.
20. Daftama (Posts: 598; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Lol the white version is the same as s3 black s4 is bettter looking
11. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Now it is time for Samsung to put a big poster on top of LG forum in New York. It is revenge for LG copycat the Galaxy Note 2.
12. kissily (Posts: 53; Member since: 09 Oct 2012)
This is surely a copy of the Galxy S4 features. Thumbs down for LG.
14. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7040; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Thumbs down for u being a dumb troll. U probably didnt see the g pro @ mobile world congress
15. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Your comment is surely a copy of the "troll features". Thumbs down for you.
16. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Call me crazy, I don't care! In my opinion, the Optimus G Pro is better than the Galaxy Note 2!