LG Optimus G Pro launch date moved to late this month to beat the Samsung Galaxy S IV release?
0. phoneArena 08 Feb 2013, 14:14 posted on
Originally expected to be introduced later this month and then launched later, there is now speculation that the sequel to LG's flagship phone will be released sometime later this month; the LG Optimus G Pro will beat the Samsung Galaxy S IV to market, according to the speculation, as LG tries to grab some business before the most anticipated handset of the year becomes competition...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5166; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
This will be on hell of a fight. Lg vs samsung. Who will take the crown of android for 2013
6. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3263; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Or maybe one of the smaller Android manufacturers will rise up.
46. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
LG is so cheap, they wanna make as much money as possible cuz they are afraid of a little competition.
17. rf1975 (Posts: 220; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
LG Optimus G is way better than Galaxy S3, But they lost the competition because of poor marketing.
39. R-vjn (Posts: 88; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
yeah you are right. LG's marketing and advertising is poor and I believe like you that, that is one of the main reasons why it didn't go well like the s3..!
48. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
It has been launched on NTT DOCOMO in Japan isn't it?
52. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1040; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
LG can launch it today if they want to.....this thing does not beat the Galaxy Note 2....it does not even come close! There are no software optimizations in this to mae ti stand out...so LG can just swallow this giant screen phone and all their hopes of beating Sammy wiht it! Time for LG to shape up and release a real good device...the Nexus dont count as Google has to be credited for it!
Come the S4 and everyone will bow down to the king!
54. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Nobody in there right mind will worry about any LG knock off Note 2 wanna be device. The Galaxy S4 will blow past sales of the LGPro device inside of the first 3weeks even if Samsung gives Lg a 2month headstart.
2. papss (Posts: 2168; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Good. I look forward to this phone.. No buy on the SS.. Makes me shutter just thinking about that cheap made phone
4. sonyisdead (banned) (Posts: 30; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
Hurrrr its made of plastic its cheap durrr
10. MistB (Posts: 508; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Jeez, please stop with the cheap aesthetics argument already. Lame and shallow.
3. haney.alsaaidy (Posts: 12; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)
I don't think that it will beat galaxy siv .
7. JWS65 (Posts: 32; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
Agreed. But LG G pro is very formidable one with Snapdragon 600 and 3140mAh battery. I'm curious to see the performance from S600 chip.
12. MistB (Posts: 508; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
This is S600 already? I thought this was S4 Pro
15. JWS65 (Posts: 32; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
Yeah, it's surprising. But according to leaked spec image from Korea a few days ago, it is S600 snapdragon. If true, it will be top performer until GS4 arrives.
21. MistB (Posts: 508; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
The leaked spec sheet did mention 600 but unless we can read Korean, that could have meant something else but I'm not doubting that claim at all. I thought Qualcomm mentioned a H2 2013 release for 600/800 series, we've barely gone February!
35. BabyWade (Posts: 42; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
Qualcomm said that the S600 would be available in Q2 while the S800 would be H2.
11. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 447; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
The Xperia Z needs a lot more attention, man -_-
25. pyradark (Posts: 621; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
dont you worry!! their ads on youtube is in 5M views, that just proved that sony gots everyone attention
everything will all comes down to Sammy Vs Sony
13. _Bone_ (Posts: 1740; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Won't matter, if any of you have any sense in your head you'll wait to see what Samsung has to offer - and then you'll buy the SIV as you bought every other industry-leading Samsung device in the past 3 years.
16. Feanor (Posts: 184; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
Sounds very patronizing. Even with top specs, if it looks cheap like the GS3, I will not buy. My smartphone is my most important and private device, it needs to look proper, not toyish.
20. MistB (Posts: 508; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
But ultimately it needs support and usability optimised for the latest software, it's all very well looking eye candy but if the device doesn't get supported beyond 12-18 months then doesn't that defeat the purpose of future proofing and it being your 'most important and private device'?
50. Feanor (Posts: 184; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
First of all I don't apply such importance to updates. Just because a new firmware adds improvements, this doesn't make the previous one impossible to live with. Sometimes there are even downgrades like the lack of Flash support in JB over ICS. Second, I said that I don't chase specs over design and build quality, but how does this mean that beautiful devices mean automatically bad updates???
51. MistB (Posts: 508; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
getting flash back is possible with Jellybean without actually rooting the device, in fact phonearena has already posted this method. Im using flash on my Note 2 and Nexus 7 but i find it to be a resource hog and battery drainer.
When did I ever mention specs, you said that, not me. I specifically mentioned software being the latest android build, NOT a GHz race. The S2 with an 800x480 and Galaxy Ace arent exactly what you call powerhouses today but the fact they are able to receive a recent version of the android os gives them longer shelf life. The software support and updates fix the problems of previous Android or OS builds and there is still the odd lag and stutter in ICS, there is even franco.kernel for 4.2 lag. If you want a beautifual design, fine and if your phone suits you the way you want it, good for you but to apply the non importanace of getting an OS upgrade for your phone when it is available is not what others would agree with you on. I am not specifying specs in anyway, the update is there to enhance and get more out of your device for longer and flash can be installed but wont get updated by adobe anyway if you stick with ICS.
23. papss (Posts: 2168; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Couldn't agree more.. While SS does chip sets very good I can't bring myself to own such a cheap looking device ( maybe this one will be different that the past four)
27. xoatomxo (Posts: 54; Member since: 26 Apr 2011)
I have GS3 and I love it very much. You call it cheap and toyish?
You obviously never held GS3.
28. papss (Posts: 2168; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
I have held my friends many many times and I truly hate it (and by hate I don't mean how it performs or touch wiz as I have nothing bad to say) He has the blue 80's speedboat one..
14. Desmund (Posts: 39; Member since: 01 Nov 2012)
It doesn't matter if Samsung is industry leading all that matters to me is if the phone is good or not, and if it has longevity last Samsung phone I got stuck with a overpriced crappy phone(which at the time though was my fault didn't do enough research).
I think this quote describes LG in the words of Kratos lol.
"The hands of Death could not defeat me. The sisters of fate could not hold me. And you will not see the end of this day. I will have my revenge!"
26. _Bone_ (Posts: 1740; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
It's industry leading because it's good, dummy. :)
S2 owners are reluctant to get rid of that 2yo beast, and now that it gets JB, they might wait out another year, Samsung Galaxies are THAT good.
42. Desmund (Posts: 39; Member since: 01 Nov 2012)
Sony's PS3 is industry leading yet it sold like crap although now that's not the case now that it's 2013 and people are looking forward to PS4 and what not.
My point still remains it can have a lot of nice tech, but if the phone itself sucks SO WHAT!
43. _Bone_ (Posts: 1740; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
But does it suck? No. What's the point of arguing lol.
19. dicemoney (Posts: 57; Member since: 28 Mar 2011)
I will never buy a LG phone they don't update their phone optimus g is still on ics
24. bluescreen (Posts: 138; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
like moving their launch date is really going to make the people that want the s4 change their mind and by the lg one....unless the s4 bombs out and totally sucks people will be glad to wait a few more weeks.....me personally i want a flexible screen and heard the note 3 is going to have it so im holding out for that...cause if i get the s4 im locked into two years with it and by then the flex screens will be out :(
29. drpain (Posts: 85; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
Samsung Galaxy S IV will only have 2600mah battery. Doubt it will best this in battery life. Pentile display as well.
If this launches in the next 45 days with the rumored s600 chip, I will be getting it will no regrets.
30. Taters (Posts: 1744; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The optimus G pro is too chunky so it has the same problem as the Nokia Lumia 920. Its too huge. If the GS4 says around 8mm with a 2600 Mah battery it wins automatically.
32. Taters (Posts: 1744; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
M7 already out of the running with a 4.7 inch screen in the size of a 5 inch phone. Plus flush buttons that are hard to press. Don't forget a tiny battery.
33. D_Tech-tive (Posts: 103; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
Intense competition between manufacturers means better specs and features at great price!
# win for consumers!!!
34. scsa852k (Posts: 235; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
If it's released on AT&T and Sprint only like Opt G, no chance in hell to compete in US
37. erdpov (Posts: 67; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
Galaxy S4 is coming. Out of way, LG. Year by year you tried to beat Sfamily making some pr and noise. This time you're going to fail again, caliber is not the same, sorry, LG.
38. aco96 (Posts: 147; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
I don't like this design. I prefer LG phones with sharp edges. :)
40. Adithya7184 (Posts: 235; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
"--LG-- The New Copycats."
releasing soon near your shelves.... featuring LG,the manufacturer and producer, & Directed by Google 4.1 OS...lolz
44. Jonathan41 (Posts: 523; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
I want them to hurry up and announce these phones already.
49. pkiran1996 (Posts: 160; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
Good hardware is useless with a poor interface. Rooting aside, TouchWiz is far better than Optimus UI, and the Exynos chipsets are very optimised for TouchWiz.
53. kenemu (Posts: 19; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
seriously lg pro g is the one to expect for 2013, provided that lg gets battery issue sorted out. i still think lg ips is king of screens while sammys amoled only comes third behind slcd. willing to see lg making a comeback so that we all have other choices other than samsung.. even currently samsung is still industry leader overall.