LG Optimus Blaze to be Verizon's model of the LG Optimus G?
0. phoneArena posted on 11 Sep 2012, 18:35
We've received word from an insider at Verizon stating that there will be an LG Optimus Blaze, based on the LG Optimus G. We're told the LG Optimus Blaze would use the Snapdragon S4 Pro with a clock speed of 1.7 GHz, though it is not mentioned if it would be the quad-core or dual-core version. The high-end smartphone will also feature a 4.7" Super IPS+ display with a resolution of 768x1280 pixels, and a sport a 13MP autofocus camera on the rear.
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. MalakiMills posted on 07 Sep 2012, 18:17 3 1
Oh glob, this or that HTC monster. (I understand both are only rumored, but if either come to fruition I'll be one happy man)
15. mc1191 posted on 08 Sep 2012, 10:35 1 1
I actually agree. Verizon has better LTE hands down but HSPA+ support would be very nice for the folks without LTE towers near by. Anyway, the news is that the G is also coming to at&t and Sprint.
18. Jimstar posted on 08 Sep 2012, 12:49 2 1
oh glob? wtf!
First anime and now this, I really hope people don't start shouting lines from Finn and Jake all over the internet, my heart can't take it.
22. neutralguy posted on 11 Sep 2012, 19:12 1 0
go in this an never close this tab/browser until it's done.
I dare you, I double dare you m*therf**ker. :)))
Anyways, HTC's rumored device might be a monster, 1080p resolution for a 5 inch display device, suweeeeet! If HTC's would come with same processor with that of this G, I suggest you better get that. ;)
33. Non_Sequitur posted on 12 Sep 2012, 04:35 0 0
Adventure Time is just too mathematical for you.
35. Phullofphil posted on 13 Sep 2012, 03:55 0 0
i dont usually like lg phones and have never got one but this is a monster of a tablet let alon of a phone size. I would go on to say that 1.7 gh is almost to much for batter consumtion and i wold be happier if it would be under clocked a little. Heck who am i kidden i will end up over clocking the damn thing as high as it will go any way. but that said i hope it comes in phablet size 5.5 screen size with no bezel to make it a normal size phone
2. khmer posted on 07 Sep 2012, 18:21 0 14
Samsung Galaxy Blaze was patent by Samsung no more Blaze on other phone. Samsung will sue LG on Optimus Blaze. Now Samsung is addicted on patent wars like Apple.
5. tgtftw posted on 07 Sep 2012, 18:48 3 0
It can be called the blaze because Optimus is linked to the Blaze name. Just like Galaxy is linked to Samsung's Blaze smartphone.
6. KingKurogiii posted on 07 Sep 2012, 18:53 6 0
you copyright a name, not patent it and i doubt Samsung will make a ruckus about something like that.
31. OptimusOne posted on 11 Sep 2012, 23:49 1 0
well if this was apple then it would defintkly sue, but samsung doesn't do these pointless stupid things.
plus. samsung doesn't have its legions of iStormtroopers to back up it's stupid rediculous plots
3. ajac09 posted on 07 Sep 2012, 18:25 8 0
man Verizon getting some heavy hitters (though the 5 inch from lg is ugly as sin)
17. Droid_X_Doug posted on 08 Sep 2012, 12:00 1 0
VZW is definitely getting ready for the holiday shopping season! Decisions, decisions, decisions.
30. PAPINYC (limited) posted on 11 Sep 2012, 22:50 0 0
Every phone the add in Q4 will level the competition; except, of course, that "New" 4 inch phone that doubles as a music player.
4. Berzerk000 posted on 07 Sep 2012, 18:34 2 0
Looks like LG is trying to redeem themselves in the mobile industry. Does anyone know if this is uni-body or not? I looked at the pictures, and I haven't seen any notches for the back plate to be removed, but any clarification from anyone?
13. mc1191 posted on 08 Sep 2012, 10:32 1 0
It has a non-removable battery design though i'm not sure it has a unibody structure. The one I saw had a metal frame that was holding the front and back together.
19. u-suck-more posted on 09 Sep 2012, 01:07 1 0
i think it is a unibody.. rmb reading it some where
7. shamatuu posted on 07 Sep 2012, 19:39 1 2
Now all its missing is the Samsung Note 2. Couple of options to choose from all OEMS. I'm actually glad that i waited since my contract ends in November.
9. JC557 posted on 07 Sep 2012, 20:11 5 0
The brushed metal option sounds interesting. I can't a wait to see in person.
14. mc1191 posted on 08 Sep 2012, 10:34 3 0
I hope the brushed metal design is clear of any signal interference.
10. Gcombs posted on 07 Sep 2012, 20:40 6 0
Did anybody else catch the LTE Advanced ready? Verizon is going to start upgrading the LTE network next year.
11. rockstarlive posted on 07 Sep 2012, 23:08 5 0
I am more interested in LTE advance. I guess LG will try to make this monster work. I would assume Verizon is gonna announce their plans about LTE advance at CTIA, or MWC
12. spinz posted on 08 Sep 2012, 03:27 0 0
This phone has alot better specs than the upcoming LG Spectrum 2. I can't wait for a hands-on review.
21. Fallin posted on 11 Sep 2012, 18:55 0 1
Here check this out. Here some info on LTE Advance.http://www.qualcomm.com/soluti
I hope this helps some.
24. shamatuu posted on 11 Sep 2012, 19:23 0 0
I'm guessing it's because of the LTE Advanced radio.
26. Berzerk000 posted on 11 Sep 2012, 20:30 3 0
Usually all of Verizon's top line models are $300 on release. The Razrs were, the Galaxy Nexus was, the Rezound was, etc.
23. shamatuu posted on 11 Sep 2012, 19:21 1 0
Holy crap This might be next true if the dates are correct. I really hope it true. If not than i guess note 2 or the HTC phone will do also but i prefer this. 1) LG phone 2) Note 2
3) HTC phone.
25. KingKurogiii posted on 11 Sep 2012, 19:31 0 0
i may just have to take a serious look at this. LG may get me back after all these years. o:
27. Berzerk000 posted on 11 Sep 2012, 20:33 2 0
Seems like a nice chance at redemption there, LG. Gonna take a look at this, the next Nexus, the Razr HD, the new iPhone, and the Lumia 920 before making a decision on who gets my money this year... It's going to be a tough choice.
28. OptimusOne posted on 11 Sep 2012, 21:21 0 0
man. this would be the perfect nexus device(samsung are you listening?)
29. fanboy1974 posted on 11 Sep 2012, 21:40 0 0
I wish I could time warp to December 1st. Verizon is going to have at least 3 phones on my Christmas list.
Galaxy Note 2
LG Optimus Blaze
But I'm not really a LG fan but lets see what happens.
32. jove39 posted on 12 Sep 2012, 00:45 0 0
I love (and hate) how fast new tech is adopted in Android devices :) Every other day we have something to chew on!!
34. Non_Sequitur posted on 12 Sep 2012, 04:36 0 0
This phone will be a monster. If these specs are true, this is mine.