LG Optimus Blaze to be Verizon's model of the LG Optimus G?
0. phoneArena 11 Sep 2012, 18:35 posted on
We've received word from an insider at Verizon stating that there will be an LG Optimus Blaze, based on the LG Optimus G. We're told the LG Optimus Blaze would use the Snapdragon S4 Pro with a clock speed of 1.7 GHz, though it is not mentioned if it would be the quad-core or dual-core version. The high-end smartphone will also feature a 4.7" Super IPS+ display with a resolution of 768x1280 pixels, and a sport a 13MP autofocus camera on the rear.
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. MalakiMills (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Jun 2010)
Oh glob, this or that HTC monster. (I understand both are only rumored, but if either come to fruition I'll be one happy man)
15. mc1191 (Posts: 39; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
I actually agree. Verizon has better LTE hands down but HSPA+ support would be very nice for the folks without LTE towers near by. Anyway, the news is that the G is also coming to at&t and Sprint.
18. Jimstar (Posts: 259; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
oh glob? wtf!
First anime and now this, I really hope people don't start shouting lines from Finn and Jake all over the internet, my heart can't take it.
22. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
go in this an never close this tab/browser until it's done.
I dare you, I double dare you m*therf**ker. :)))
Anyways, HTC's rumored device might be a monster, 1080p resolution for a 5 inch display device, suweeeeet! If HTC's would come with same processor with that of this G, I suggest you better get that. ;)
33. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Adventure Time is just too mathematical for you.
35. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
i dont usually like lg phones and have never got one but this is a monster of a tablet let alon of a phone size. I would go on to say that 1.7 gh is almost to much for batter consumtion and i wold be happier if it would be under clocked a little. Heck who am i kidden i will end up over clocking the damn thing as high as it will go any way. but that said i hope it comes in phablet size 5.5 screen size with no bezel to make it a normal size phone
2. khmer (Posts: 95; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Samsung Galaxy Blaze was patent by Samsung no more Blaze on other phone. Samsung will sue LG on Optimus Blaze. Now Samsung is addicted on patent wars like Apple.
5. tgtftw (Posts: 31; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
It can be called the blaze because Optimus is linked to the Blaze name. Just like Galaxy is linked to Samsung's Blaze smartphone.
6. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5691; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
you copyright a name, not patent it and i doubt Samsung will make a ruckus about something like that.
31. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
well if this was apple then it would defintkly sue, but samsung doesn't do these pointless stupid things.
plus. samsung doesn't have its legions of iStormtroopers to back up it's stupid rediculous plots
3. ajac09 (Posts: 1477; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
man Verizon getting some heavy hitters (though the 5 inch from lg is ugly as sin)
17. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
VZW is definitely getting ready for the holiday shopping season! Decisions, decisions, decisions.
30. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Every phone the add in Q4 will level the competition; except, of course, that "New" 4 inch phone that doubles as a music player.
4. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4237; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Looks like LG is trying to redeem themselves in the mobile industry. Does anyone know if this is uni-body or not? I looked at the pictures, and I haven't seen any notches for the back plate to be removed, but any clarification from anyone?
13. mc1191 (Posts: 39; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
It has a non-removable battery design though i'm not sure it has a unibody structure. The one I saw had a metal frame that was holding the front and back together.
19. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
i think it is a unibody.. rmb reading it some where
7. shamatuu (Posts: 159; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
Now all its missing is the Samsung Note 2. Couple of options to choose from all OEMS. I'm actually glad that i waited since my contract ends in November.
9. JC557 (Posts: 1266; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
The brushed metal option sounds interesting. I can't a wait to see in person.
14. mc1191 (Posts: 39; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
I hope the brushed metal design is clear of any signal interference.
10. Gcombs (Posts: 133; Member since: 22 Aug 2011)
Did anybody else catch the LTE Advanced ready? Verizon is going to start upgrading the LTE network next year.
11. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I am more interested in LTE advance. I guess LG will try to make this monster work. I would assume Verizon is gonna announce their plans about LTE advance at CTIA, or MWC
12. spinz (Posts: 26; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
This phone has alot better specs than the upcoming LG Spectrum 2. I can't wait for a hands-on review.
16. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
LTE Advance? First time ever hearing this.
21. Fallin (Posts: 69; Member since: 10 Oct 2011)
Here check this out. Here some info on LTE Advance.http://www.qualcomm.com/soluti
I hope this helps some.
24. shamatuu (Posts: 159; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
I'm guessing it's because of the LTE Advanced radio.
26. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4237; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Usually all of Verizon's top line models are $300 on release. The Razrs were, the Galaxy Nexus was, the Rezound was, etc.
23. shamatuu (Posts: 159; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
Holy crap This might be next true if the dates are correct. I really hope it true. If not than i guess note 2 or the HTC phone will do also but i prefer this. 1) LG phone 2) Note 2
3) HTC phone.
25. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5691; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i may just have to take a serious look at this. LG may get me back after all these years. o:
27. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4237; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Seems like a nice chance at redemption there, LG. Gonna take a look at this, the next Nexus, the Razr HD, the new iPhone, and the Lumia 920 before making a decision on who gets my money this year... It's going to be a tough choice.
28. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
man. this would be the perfect nexus device(samsung are you listening?)
29. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I wish I could time warp to December 1st. Verizon is going to have at least 3 phones on my Christmas list.
Galaxy Note 2
LG Optimus Blaze
But I'm not really a LG fan but lets see what happens.
32. jove39 (Posts: 1582; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I love (and hate) how fast new tech is adopted in Android devices :) Every other day we have something to chew on!!
34. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
This phone will be a monster. If these specs are true, this is mine.