LG Optimus Black not getting Ice Cream Sandwich update either
0. phoneArena posted on 30 Jul 2012, 00:58
And the LG Optimus Black is the latest smartphone on the list of devices that will not get updated to Ice Cream Sandwich, despite previous promises of that happening at some point in the future. Word comes straight from the Twitter page of LG Canada...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. JC557 posted on 30 Jul 2012, 01:21 3 0
yes it does considering its specs. Even the One V (512MB RAM) is able to get ICS, and the Thunderbolt and Incredible 2 (both single core) is still on track to getting it.
Is the LG skin that ingrained into the phone that an update won't happen or are they just lazy?
14. u-suck-more posted on 30 Jul 2012, 09:37 0 0
the One V launched with ICS it was not updated to ICS. a similarly spec'd Optimus L7 also launched with ICS
2. plgladio posted on 30 Jul 2012, 01:20 5 0
Better to go for Nexus devices rather than the OEM's.
4. Odeira posted on 30 Jul 2012, 01:34 2 0
I won't be surprised if LG scraps the Android 4.0 update on the Optimus 3D.
Sorry, brother who owns an Optimus 3D.
5. wendygarett (limited) 2 days ago posted on 30 Jul 2012, 02:07 1 3
Meanwhile iPhone3gs is getting ios6 :)
With facebook integration...
6. jroc74 posted on 30 Jul 2012, 02:15 3 0
How much of iOS 6....
I'm pretty sure Google could do the same thing.....leave out features so some phones can get it. Maybe its the storage situation in ICS that is causing some manufactures problems?
Whatever the case is.....it isnt the update....cuz I have a RAZR and it got ICS fine. This fault lays with LG, just like its on HTC for the Desire HD.
8. wendygarett (limited) 2 days ago posted on 30 Jul 2012, 02:26 3 0
I didn't say is Google fault :)
9. yowanvista posted on 30 Jul 2012, 03:22 1 1
CM9/10 will still provide new functionality. Scumbag LG always ditches their valued customers. In a year's time we could see the Optimus 4X HD not being updated to Android 5.x
10. Johnek posted on 30 Jul 2012, 04:46 0 0
I think this is a kind of a marketing strategy of LG.. They want us to buy thier newer devices instead of keeping thier old devices.. kinda rude i think..
12. therocker posted on 30 Jul 2012, 08:22 0 0
really sukzzzz.........m goin to root it wid cyaanogenmod nw!!!!!!!!
13. g---d posted on 30 Jul 2012, 09:37 2 0
The LG Canada tweet was directed at Canada, not the entire world. That's probably why they deleted the tweet. If you want to know if your lg device is getting ics, contact the lg support for your country. We already know about Canada, what about the rest of the countries?
15. Sharky posted on 30 Jul 2012, 20:44 0 0
Didn't they announce that the Black would get 4.0? Way to go back on your word LG. And of course the L7 was released with ICS, oh and a lowend 1st gen Snapdragon processor. Guess LG wants its customers to downgrade.
16. u-suck-more posted on 31 Jul 2012, 03:38 0 0
when u update e device, u have to take into consideration e available memory space and if the device will work well or not. however, if u launch e device with e latest version, u dont have to worry about stuff like tt bcos u are working ard e software. thats why e lower spec'd L7 and L5 have ICS. maybe ICS for the Optimus Black just isnt good enough