LG Optimus 4X HD detailed - the world's first quad-core phone is slim and powerful
0. phoneArena 23 Feb 2012, 01:59 posted on
LG is again first to announce a major hardware leap in phones, like what it did with dual-core and 3D last year. It couldn't wait a few days until its MWC events, but issued a press release in Korea detailing its new LG Optimus 4X HD - the world's first quad-core smartphone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. GeekMovement (Posts: 1900; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
wow... i'm stunned. really looking forward to this jewel. the design seems to follow kinda the L line but looks great!
2. chunk1x (Posts: 248; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
The term "worlds first" is generally not good for tech.
22. itiswhatitis (Posts: 423; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
I won't mind if the girls come along;)
3. naveenstuns (Posts: 172; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
How many LG phones to be announced in MWC?
L3,L5,L7,optimus 3d2,3d max,3d cube,optimus hd lte,optimus vu
and now lg optimus 4x hd
phonearena, U will have so much work to do with reviewing all these phones :D
6. droidnator (Posts: 87; Member since: 10 Mar 2011)
Hmm, actually, the optimus 3d2,3d max, and 3d cube are the same device.
4. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
Hmmm it actually looks rather nice...I like it...although I'm an LG fan I had my doubt's about the design but I actually like this one...
5. Skyrim (Posts: 36; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
I'd do some terrible things to get this phone in my hands
7. phildroid (Posts: 18; Member since: 18 Dec 2011)
If it's available in the philippines or in singapore by the first week of march, i'll get it instead of G Note. LG is rising!
8. A.aoudi (Posts: 125; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Impressive specs but a bit light on the RAM looks like LG is headed to repeat the same mistakes it did last year and when its going to look to release a good phone like the LG nitro late in the year but by that time its going to be too late with phones like the sgs 3 will eat up the android world.
9. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
transformer prime has 1gb of ram and it works well
16. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
for now. the problem is as quad cores become common, apps will then be made to use all those cores, which means higher resolution textures and more polygons on screen. that 1gb of ram just isnt enough to handle that much strain. Really, anything in the quad core realm that doesnt come with at least 1.5gb of ram to handle that eventual load, is a total fail. Its like buying a ferrari then realizing it only runs on geo metro tires.
10. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
LG is the first again! a true innovator is what LG is
11. midhun (Posts: 5; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
Samsung and LG phones look just the same(mundane), wanna look different, get a HTC, oh and i'm also talking about durability too.....
12. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Tmobile please. i have the G2x and i love it, i want the optimus 4x HD horribly bad
13. baaam (Posts: 61; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
Wow!! LG has been dropping new phones like bombs. Lets hope the new UI is better this time.
14. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Please please please gorilla glass 2.
17. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
the booth babes are pretty cute.. but umm.. has anyone checked their ID's, they also look just a smidge too young. lol.
19. Arpad (Posts: 39; Member since: 05 Jan 2012)
But they seem to handle the 4.7 inch well.....
18. alfadolla (Posts: 28; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
Now it seems that LG is looking towards the future.....Nice!!! but we still have to wait and see what the others companies have coming out as well.
20. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Everything about this phone screams absolute beast, except for the manufacturer. LG is, to use a government agency example, always the low level agent who finds a break through, only to have the higher ups (HTC/Crapsung/even Moogle) say "we're take it from here kid." Sounds amazing today, but I'd wait until after MWC to say this is the best on the market.
21. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
being the first doesn't mean they are low level. being first, they set the standard for others. so LG isn't a low level agent, but the high level agent that everyone puts them self against. u can say no, but being the first in the market for so many things, LG is a company that others will base on. the standards set by LG of course loses out to the rest. the rest can make a better phone because of the extra time they have. and obviously they would compare it with LG cos they were the first. LG isn't a low level agent , LG sets standards