LG Optimus 4X HD, Optimus L9 and L7 confirmed to get Jelly Bean
Now, we hope LG sticks to its Q1 plan for the Optimus 4X HD, and the first half timeline applies only to the L9 and L7.
LG has already started rolling out 4.1 Jelly Bean to the LG Optimus G in South Korea, and the update should arrive soon to other markets.
source: Android Caotic (translated) via Unwired View
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Meanwhile Google I/O is in May :)
3. darkskoliro (Posts: 955; Member since: 07 May 2012)
sometimes i wish developers skipped 4.2 update and ready for 5.0 as soon as it is released.
4. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Yup , 4.2 is just a minor updates filled with gimmicks
5. wendygarett (unregistered)
I'm not really trust LG, always make a false promise... Remember the ics update for LG?
6. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Lg software are poorly optimised crap
But surprisingly I am falling in love with a nexus 4
7. wendygarett (unregistered)
Of course, it is a nexus dude lol
8. darkskoliro (Posts: 955; Member since: 07 May 2012)
You know who should really get another chance at a nexus? Htc. Doing the nexus one right was a great leap for them :)
9. wendygarett (unregistered)
Kinda agree, but will Google appoint?
11. GadgetFree (Posts: 4; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
IMO, LG cares for their country's phone than world's phone. Cause the G is not the only phone that goes to JB for now. The LTE2 has JB even sooner than G. Meanwhile, still no words on JB for the US's G or the spectrum 2 (US's LTE2 variant)
2. darktranquillity (Posts: 284; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Lg's first half of the year means next year or a false promise.
12. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 775; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Lets do a quick jump to 2014:
LG Users: "WE WANT 4.1 JELLYBEAN FOR OUR 4X HD NOOOOWWW, LG SUCKS BLA BLA BLA".
Source: Former LG Optimus 2X owner (the one that got the ICS update in late 2012/ early 2013.)
Thank god i steered away from the 4X and went to the One X.
13. predator93 (Posts: 121; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
LG managed to surprise me a few days ago (It would be great if they surprise people frequently) with ice cream sandwitch update for my optimus black and it is good so far.
14. faisolbauuz (Posts: 121; Member since: 05 Jan 2013)
The question is when will the update avaible 2014?
16. PadFone (Posts: 6; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
hey guys and phone arena
I have problems with my budget and I would like to buy a smartphone with quad core processor.LG optimus 4x HD is the cheapest smartphone with quad core processor in my country and I also like the design of the phone.But a friend of mine told me that this phone
isn t werry good,if it fall down it will broke bad and stuff like that so I would like a honest answer from you guys cuz you are the best!!!Thanks