LG Optimus 3D Max is now official, glasses-free 3D just got slimmer
UPDATE: The LG Optimus 3D Max will be known as the Optimus 3D Cube in Korea. Its hardware and software specs will be identical.
- HD Converter to offer HD quality on a TV connected through MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link), when transforming Open GL-based 2D games and applications to 3D and viewing Google Earth;
- Range Finder to calculate the distance between the camera and the subject as well as the dimensions of an object through triangulation;
- Out-focusing Shot to enhance camera quality beyond that of other smartphones through image processing using depth information.
- Key Specifications:
- Chipset: 1.2GHz Dual-Core processor (OMAP4430)
- Display: 4.3-inch 3D WVGA Display with Corning? Gorilla? Glass 2
- Memory: 8GB Internal Storage, 1GB Internal Memory
- Camera: 5MP Dual-lens
- OS: Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- Battery: 1,520 mAh
- Others: HSPA+ 21Mbps, HDMI connection 2D/3D TV/monitor up to 1080p via MHL, DNLA for wireless connection with TV/PC (3D video also supported), NFC Full Support, LG Tag+
1. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
The thing looks huge!!! and iprovements are anything but stuning but who knows mb they will surprise us with some badass dualcore and who knows what, lets hope that is the case if not this is just a minor upgrade in design and battery life imo...btw if the screen is of higher resolution it would drain the battery soo quick in 3d mode that it would literaly last minutes
2. tigermcm (Posts: 672; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
I think the way the pictures are taken is what makes the phone look so huge and probably no thanks to ms. tiny holding it too
3. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
i have the LG Optimus 3D and i love it. the only thing i dont like about the phone is the battery life... i hope the battery life on the Optimus 3D Maxx is wayyyy better
4. paulyterp (Posts: 3; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
Hooray! LG will be coming out with the Optimus 3D Max while ignoring those who bought the Thrill 4G and leaving us on Froyo. Really? Froyo? That came out 2 years ago for my Nexus One. Fool me once, shame on you....
5. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
GB is already out... i think AT&T just doesnt want to release it.. cos the rest of the world alr got it
6. alfadolla (Posts: 28; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
wow 1.2GHz dual-core processor is really the standard for last years models this year is the year of the quad core processors and the pixal res is kind of mid-level @ best! they can have it the evo-3D has better res & saves you 100 bucks
7. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
i want gorilla glass 2 so badly.
9. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5548; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
not bad. that Optimus UI is looking much better this time around.
10. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
*Michael Buffer voice* And the reigning, glasses free 3D phone CHAMPION OF THE WORLD, the Evo, 3D!
11. abhishek48 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
Bull s**t, I have compared 3d and specs of LG thrill and Evo 3d in store side by side, and decided to buy LG thrill, lg takes 3mp 3d pics, evo takes only 2mp, lg records 1080p hd 2d video(On update with gingerbread camera is ass good as gs2 and iphone 4s, i have a gs2)
Lg has dual core cortex A9 1 ghz ti omap 4430 cpu, evo has dual core 1.2 ghz cortex a8 cpu, Cortex A9 in like intel i5 and Cortex A8 is like AMD
(Old iphone 3gs used A8 architecture), despite of 512 mb ram Lg beats evo in all tests.. see ur self.. bcoz it has dual channel architecture, Evo has only one plus point higher resolution screen... So the champ is LG thrill ... only bad thing about it.. in USA AT&T its not updated to android 2.3, but rest every where it is.
14. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Pound for pound the Evo and the LG are basically the same spec wise, but what gives Evo the win is the fact that its made by HTC, which is far superior in more than just the better UI, with the faster updates and build quality, and Sprint with cheap unlimited data that if you know what to do (you don't even need root to pull it off) can get good 3G data speeds
15. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5548; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
actually given the choice i'd choose the Thrill every time. it's more powerful, the 3D effects are better and in this case LG does beat HTC in build quality. we're not talking about a Sensation here.
16. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
''what gives Evo the win is the fact that its made by HTC'' major stereotype you are.. the Thrill has 4G but the Evo 3D doesnt. The Thrill is faster than the Evo (even tho the Evo has a 1.2gHz processor), the Thrill has better 3D, the Thrill has a better screen, the Thrill has a better 3D camera, the Thrill is a hell of a good phone, the Thrill has better build quality and the Thrill is made by LG. LG is capable of making wonderful devices too. just because a phone is made by HTC it doesnt automatically make it a great device. there are SO many other phones out there that are better than HTCs. Motorola, Samsung, LG, Sony are all capable of high quality handsets. HTC is not the only company to have good phones.
and the reason why LG is slow with updates is because LG is new to android, unlike HTC, which has so much experience. HTC was slow with updates too when they first started out. LG just needs to get it's act properly first.
12. abhishek48 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
So lets see what are the updates from LG Optimus 3d
Same cpu but 200mhz higher clock speed with LTE (Ti OMAP 4430 like Droid razr has 1.2 ghz)
1 gb ram> 512bm of previous model
and thats it..?
what else..? i haver a LG thrill without a doubt it is a super phone, no major changes
Same resolution, same screen size, same camera.. WTF, LG thrill is selling without contract at amazon wireless for $400, people are selling new in box on cglist for $250.. so is this new one worth $750..?.. Well...lets wait for thr review and we will see what wonders it brings.. but certainly better than iphone 4s... lol
13. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5548; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
All Droid Razr variants have a GB of RAM... xD