LG Optimus 3D Hands-on
0. phoneArena posted on 14 Feb 2011, 09:12
The LG Optimus 3D is one of the top Android smartphones in terms of processor specs - LG claims that its dual core, dual channel and dual memory platform is way more powerful than other “simply” dual core phones. We ran Quadrant benchmark on one of the prototypes here at MWC...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Kakarotto posted on 14 Feb 2011, 09:44 3
It has 4GB of RAM o_0 (Galaxy S2 has "only" 1GB)
It's a beast!!! xD
22. bob (unregistered) posted on 23 Feb 2011, 20:11 2
It has 4Gb of RAM not 4GB. for those who don't know the difference between Gb and GB it is: Gb = Gigabit, GB = Gigabyte. There are 8bits to a Byte. therefore 8Gb is actually 512MB of RAM. Therefore Galaxy S II with "only" 1GB has twice that of Optimus 3D. It's LG's way of marketing to make 512MB sound more than it is to fool people who don't know any better. If Samsung did the same they could claim 8Gb of RAM.
3. oneilmccord posted on 14 Feb 2011, 10:25 0
4gb of ram is interesting, if not impressive. However, will it actually be helpful when it comes to improving the android experience? I personally don't think so, not with the current OS and available applications. But, then again, higher specs isn't always about necessity, it's also about impressing the customer and convincing them to buy.
5. Kakarotto posted on 14 Feb 2011, 11:18 1
They didn't give 4GB without a reason, I think that whole 3D experience is the reason.
11. remixfa posted on 14 Feb 2011, 14:28 0
ya, even if u never use 3d, the specs are a total beast. dual channel ram... ya, this phone will be a contender for a while as long as it has proper XDA support.
17. oneilmccord posted on 15 Feb 2011, 09:58 1
Correction: I just realized that it is actually 4 Gb not 4 GB. That means it only has 512 MB of ram.
15. Pant0s (unregistered) posted on 14 Feb 2011, 19:34 2
The phone actually has 4 giga*bits* of memory - 512 megabytes.
4. chinakidoliver.iab posted on 14 Feb 2011, 11:03 2
dang it scored higher than galaxy s2 and optimus 2x and has amazing processors i need that but the ony problem is most samsung smartphones come with a app were u can download movies does this have that?
6. MATOZ (unregistered) posted on 14 Feb 2011, 11:29 1
2011 the year of the real smartphone war!!!
I think Apple is hiding something really big for the next generation iPhone/iPad after all this smart phones conventions!
But this people (LG/Samsung/HTC/Sony/...) get a step forward...now!
7. aztaxia12295 posted on 14 Feb 2011, 11:47 1
iphone 4 is still bettter than this phone or any other phone on the market. ahh att and apple, always will be the best.
9. Billy55221 (unregistered) posted on 14 Feb 2011, 14:01 2
what a fail comment you just made iphone4 is not better then this or other phones.. please dont talk apply fan boy!
18. wendy (unregistered) posted on 15 Feb 2011, 10:47 2
He doesn't sound like a fanboy at all... you on the other hand, sound biased against Apple.
He said "NEXT GENERATION".
And he clearly wants the other companies to all come up with great phones. Because he understands competition is GOOD, and being simply pro-Apple or anti-Apple is stupid as a consumer.
8. LXH (unregistered) posted on 14 Feb 2011, 12:28 1
haha you should call the video-call camera is the 3rd camera instead of 2nd :D
10. osanilevich posted on 14 Feb 2011, 14:07 3
even after you turn the 3D option off, you still have a well rounded, high end phone which is worth taking a look at (for me its either this or the galaxy s II)
12. thatdude21 (unregistered) posted on 14 Feb 2011, 14:48 0
BATTERY LIFE BATTERY LIFE BAAAAAATERY.................LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
13. thatdude21 (unregistered) posted on 14 Feb 2011, 14:50 1
whats that battery drain on this thing? LG is not known for having good battery life for their phones, but they do make some coo phones!
16. snowgator posted on 15 Feb 2011, 09:57 0
I am a to each his own kinda guy, but how much is 3D effect really worth here? Nice high end specs, but if the tech wasn't wasted on a gimmick phone, LG would have a top end contender as opposed to just a phone trying to get people to look at it. More power to ya if you want to spend this kinda money on this kinda phone or marry it for two years, but what if the performance is crap?
19. Thomas Flowerchild (unregistered) posted on 17 Feb 2011, 12:44 0
So much info about this phone in this article but I can't find anything about availability of this phone... Does anyone know the release date for The Netherlands, or just the release date for Europe?
I hope somone knows :-)
Thank you very much!
20. bros (unregistered) posted on 20 Feb 2011, 03:10 1
21. lollllllz (unregistered) posted on 23 Feb 2011, 07:01 0
The dual phone! Dual core, dual ram, dual processor, dual camera it has the most porwfull chpiest IOMP4 I think this phone already kills galaxy s2, atrix with the 3D camera and IPS LCD screen and two camera with 1080p@24fps 720p@30fps it's only 5 m pixel camera.
24. DontHateOnS60 posted on 27 Feb 2011, 12:58 0
Somehow I don't think this whole 3D thing is going to catch on. Novel idea though, and a good way to separate yourself from the crowd.
25. the man (unregistered) posted on 01 Mar 2011, 22:27 0
is it just me or do they have a mexican revewing this phone whata heck he said
26. lion (unregistered) posted on 13 Mar 2011, 18:42 0
what carrier is it going to the USA???????