LG Optimus 2X to get Ice Cream Sandwich in Q3
0. phoneArena 14 May 2012, 04:25 posted on
As stated by LG Mobile Singapore on Facebook, the LG Optimus 2X Android 4.0 update will start rolling out in Q3 of this year. In other words, there will be no Ice Cream Sandwich for LG Optimus 2X owners for at least another one and a half to three and a half months...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 411; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Oh gawd... My P970 can't wait anymoar :(
11. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 411; Member since: 04 May 2012)
I know, hope it won't get postponed any further. D:
4. Tatperson (Posts: 58; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
Well that isn't so bad. Motorola Singapore says that they have no plans to upgrade the Singapore Atrix and that it will remain on 2.3.4. Not only will we not see ICS, we will not even get the 2.3.6 bugfix update.
5. smartphone (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
Its not only LG all the android manufactures are slow on ICS. Samsung had updated s2 and Note in a handful of countires. Sony,HTC ,Moto etc may have updated one or two handset.
I think we will get android 5.0 update sooner then ICS.
ICS might not get marketshare above gingerbread.
13. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
lg just suck at the software department...i mean its been 6+ month and they have yet to have one ics update ready for a phone..like you said they are all slow but at least htc and samsung are getting ics on some phones..
14. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
phonearena did post an article showing a PRADA 3.0 on ICS
15. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
thats the one with the black and white ui right? if so it has gingerbread(check pa review)..the only lg phone with ics are the optimus 4x
17. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
black and white UI is for all PRADA phones regardless of OS version. the photo showed the android version as 4.0.3
6. jibraihimi (Posts: 695; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
In third quarter instead of ICS update, LG will release a statement that 'hardware of LG optimus 2x is incapable of running ICS, but keeping in mind the interest of so many users of 2x we will release Feature pack, which will bring some of the features of ICS to 2x', sorry for inconvenience to our customers'................
7. le_pman (Posts: 3; Member since: 14 May 2012)
just in time for the release of jelly bean! i tip my hat off to LG for being consistently one release late in their "latest" Android version
9. jibraihimi (Posts: 695; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Hey guys chill down, this isn't official statement from LG, so hold yourself from pressing that red button, and save all your red thumbs for the official statement from LG, which will be out by next quarter........... :)
10. buggerrer (Posts: 287; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
"another one and a half to three and a half months" probably closer to three and a half.
What does this mean for the G2X ICS update?
12. xenover (Posts: 172; Member since: 27 May 2011)
I knew this would happen. Thank god I chose SGS II instead.
16. lgonner (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 May 2012)
LG want to be cutting edge with there hardware, releasing the first dual core phone ect. but need to realise it takes more than that. You have to support the products well too!!!
If your going to be first to release something you need to be first to upgrade it... or definately not last.