LG Optimus 2X scores high on Quadrant benchmark test, Motorola ATRIX 4G surpasses it
0. phoneArena posted on 15 Jan 2011, 07:54
The LG Optimus 2X left the CES with a little less buzz thanks to Motorola's ATRIX 4G phone, and a look at the latter's benchmark test may answer why the AT&T bound ATRIX is atop many handset wish lists...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Makapiapia posted on 15 Jan 2011, 10:29 0 0
Cmon tmo you can do better than that, get in the game!
2. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered) posted on 15 Jan 2011, 11:49 1 1
NOW THAT'S REALLY IMPRESSIVE looks like I will be getting the Atrix.
3. rawsnake (unregistered) posted on 15 Jan 2011, 12:04 0 1
But wouldn't the live wallpapers on the Optimus 2X significantly reduce the benchmark as it runs in the background irrespective of whether you're on the homescreen or not.
14. josuearisty posted on 16 Jan 2011, 14:41 0 0
Nothing to say... if didnt see very well ATRIX has a live wallpaper too!!
Atrix is better!!
20. anjiecai (unregistered) posted on 10 Aug 2011, 11:57 0 0
there's a 512 mb rom and 1gb rom difference no duh...
4. dennis316 (unregistered) posted on 15 Jan 2011, 12:33 0 1
i agree with rawsnake...turn everything off when running a benchmark people!
5. baldilocks posted on 15 Jan 2011, 12:36 1 0
Doesn't matter. Every benchmark of the LG has been around the 2100-2200 mark. Every benchmark of the Atrix has been around 2600.
6. luis_lopez_351 posted on 15 Jan 2011, 14:18 0 0
lol i was focusing on the cameras quality :D i wonder what camera did the use to record the atrix vid its pretty clean
7. darth matt (unregistered) posted on 15 Jan 2011, 18:39 0 0
optimus 2x korean version (2608).
Ive seen it do 2700 to but i forgot the link
8. lukasound (unregistered) posted on 15 Jan 2011, 21:12 0 0
did anyone notice how on the 3D rendering test Optimus got two time more fps than atrix??? you can see it clearly on those few moments in the atrix video when the guy lowers his cam enough.
that means atrix is better on other areas if they finish similary.
plus - the results bar at the end is not the same - that means that settings of the benchmark results is different or different software version was used.
9. Kevin (unregistered) posted on 15 Jan 2011, 21:13 0 0
It's too bad the LG was showing ~100fps while the Atrix was capped at 60.
10. orangensaft (unregistered) posted on 16 Jan 2011, 05:28 0 0
i think its all about the software .. both are running with a tegra 2 processor .. the only difference is that the atrix has 1gb ram and the lg 512 mb..
11. dorky24 posted on 16 Jan 2011, 11:32 1 0
I believe the quadrant program is optimized for single core phones and not dual core. As such, this test should be taken with a grain of salt. In addition, I doubt a score of 200 points will make a huge difference if the scores are that high.
12. chinakidoliver.iab posted on 16 Jan 2011, 11:38 1 1
i agree with dork 24 over here also i rather have the optimus because its looks r 10000 times better
13. chinakidoliver.iab posted on 16 Jan 2011, 11:57 0 0
when does the lg optimus 2x and moto atrix come out?
15. MT4GMAN (unregistered) posted on 16 Jan 2011, 20:32 0 0
my mt4g over clocked to 1.612 ghz did 2250 buts its single core so that goes to show what 1ghz dual core phones can do without overclocking.. though i expected more than 2500 and 2700 from these phones...
18. MT4GMAN (unregistered) posted on 26 Jan 2011, 17:37 0 0
Now i got 2668 overclocked to 1.5ghz with Cyanogen 7 build 15 or something
16. remixfa. (unregistered) posted on 17 Jan 2011, 09:47 0 0
quadrant is not capable of using both cores, so the score is nice since its basically running it at a single core. cant wait to see what the scores look like when quad takes full advantage of that tegra 2. the atrix/bionix has a big RAM advantage over every other phone at the moment, so it would be incredibly bad if the lg beat the atrix/bionix. the fact that it keeps up so closely (as they both stomp other phones) is actually pretty suprizing.
17. deeoh1084 posted on 17 Jan 2011, 13:14 0 0
i'm still going for the LG Optimus 2x motorola have a reputation for defective screens (i had 4 motorola phones (regular and touch screen phones) screens on all 4 of them went out within 6 months and their support is worse than Samsung as far as support) cliq and cliq xt are still running on 1.5 android... come on... and defy is not going to be upgraded to froyo till summer!! wow... but LG on the other hand has pretty good support and my brother has LG phone and he dropped it on a concrete, water and many other things but it still works!!!!
19. look closer (unregistered) posted on 29 Jan 2011, 19:31 0 0
The versions of quadrant are not the same this is invalid...