LG Optimus 2X getting updated to Android 4.0, but only in Korea
0. phoneArena 13 Aug 2012, 09:21 posted on
Owners of the LG Optimus 2X might have felt let down when it was announced that the phone was being bypassed by the Android 4.0 gods; some of that anger might be removed now that the word is out that the handset will be getting the update, although it's limited to Korea...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. redmd (Posts: 928; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Superb hardware with lacklustre software. Yep that's LG.
2. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
you lost your chance to prove yourself again LG. better luck next year when the S4 and Two X are fighting...
yup, i just called it a Two X, live with it.
3. Mittal (Posts: 451; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Only 3 comments within a whole hour of this post, that's LG (unfortunately)
4. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 412; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Hopefully the Optimus Black will get Android 4.0 too~
I've asked LG USA and LG Korea and they are saying they'll keep me updated about it and will post the update schedules soon :)
5. ghostkilla1388 (Posts: 50; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
If the lg g2x can get ics in korea why cant the tmobile one get it? also why cant the Droid X2 get it they have the same hardware as far as ram and cpu? i want ics but i love my X2
6. Zayuh24 (Posts: 148; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
I rooted my g2x and installed EaglesBlood 4.0.4 on it. Best thing I ever did. I couldn't count on T-Mobile, and I know LG's horrible track record of refusing to support their American devices. I just got tired of waiting.
It took a LONG time to do my research and find kernels and roms that worked with the new March 2012 baseband, but after the devs updated their roms, I finally have ICS on a POS.
11. Zayuh24 (Posts: 148; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
I haven't recorded or played any videos on my g2x in a long time. Most videos are recorded using my camcorder now and watched on a bigger screen.
7. andreaodone89 (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
Dear mr. Alan F.
I warn you that the source of the news "exclusive" is the following webpage:http://android.caotic.it/2012/
8. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
Just like Galaxy S , Desire HD .. not keeping promises.
Atleast i got ICS
9. abiug.gc (Posts: 15; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
I asked to LG MEXICO and they just told me "we're going to update any ics info on social networs"
12. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6803; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
you're still screwing lots of your consumers LG don't piss them off. you're suppose to update the the handset no matter what phone model it is if you only care bout sales don't bother putting a phone out that won't get the 4.0 update. cause people will stop buying you're phones.
14. hameed1989 (Posts: 47; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
Finally LG focus on something other than huge Cores