LG: No Windows Phone 8 hardware is coming from us
0. phoneArena 24 Feb 2013, 22:54 posted on
Korean electronics firm LG has no plans to build an Windows Phone 8 handset and while the company is open to producing hardware powered by Microsoft's mobile OS, LG doesn't see any demand for phones powered by Windows Phone; the company says that once it sees a "significant demand" for Windows Phone smartphones, "we will be on board"...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Meanwhile Huawei ZTE and Lenovo, struggling to position themselves on windows without neglecting android :)
6. Laura90 (banned) (Posts: 20; Member since: 24 Feb 2013)
No one has a chance of profit with Windows Phone because Nokia exists there.
2. Ruckus (Posts: 277; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
LG is slowly dying it seems. I remember the days when everyone had an LG it seemed. Now I almost never see anyone buy one. Samsung rose, LG slid. As for Windows Phone 8 demand, we've started selling quite a bit as of late. Its a great option for many users. On the other hand the LG Quantum really didn't seem to sell.
5. sats.mine2k4 (banned) (Posts: 208; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
Oh so if they make windows phones they will start living... crap talk dude... LG optimus G line are great Android phones...
FYI: If any top OEM is dying its Nokia...
8. MarioGomez (banned) (Posts: 40; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
How you dare comparing a crappy company with a giant one like Nokia?.
Thanks Google you gave Nexus 4 to LG
Otherwise, LG is dead now
13. jroc74 (Posts: 5396; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Crappy company? They do make HDTV's too. And they make screens some manufactures use. And Blu Ray players, and...etc. And my first apt AC unit was by LG.
We must remember...mobile phones is not the only thing some of these companies do.
And lets not forget the LG Prada....that doesnt get the credit it deserves for todays's smartphones. Not saying Nokia isnt a good company....but what else do they do besides mobile phones?
9. Ruckus (Posts: 277; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Optimus G is a great phone, no arguments here but the U.S. consumer doesn't find it appealing. As for Nokia they will soon be back on the rise. Nokia is innovative like Samsung, LG on the other hand is low on tricks. Wait for the Lumia model with a 41MP camera on Verizon this year ;)
19. sats.mine2k4 (banned) (Posts: 208; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
Nokia's long list of innovations
1. Pureview camera with ZEISS optics.
2. The end....
Samsung and apple are in a different league.
Am waiting for Galaxy S4, iphone 5s/6, LG optimus G Pro, LG optimus G2. I need a smart phone with a good camera(8-13mp is more than enough). I don't need a dumb phone with 41mp sensor...
20. FoneAddict (Posts: 224; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
If LG is dying then Nokia is DEAD. They have been DEAD the day they recruited that Microsoft Mole E-Flop.
3. Ruckus (Posts: 277; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
I forgot to mention, we sell probably 5 Windows Phone 8 models for every one LG Android device lol ^_^
4. Laura90 (banned) (Posts: 20; Member since: 24 Feb 2013)
How cares about you?
You are almost died
7. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7030; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Well it looks like its over for WINDOWS any way they only have HTC AND NOKIA & Samsung.
10. Ruckus (Posts: 277; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Lol @ your statement. Samsung's popularity alone could fuel Windows Phone if they wanted it to. Samsung, Nokia &HTC are power players.
11. Hemoroid (Posts: 72; Member since: 13 Feb 2013)
Please phone arena why are you writing about LG crap all the time!?? You are so biased! Sammy is the best and largest phone company. News about Sammy GS4 anyone???
12. tmcr7 (Posts: 179; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
US is not the only market for smartphones although it's a big customer base, you don't need to sell well there to be successful.
14. jroc74 (Posts: 5396; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I remember me and a person on here (probably a WP or Nokia fanboy) had a lil debate about OEM's jumping ship from Android because they said they were gonna do WP8. First he stated a flat out lie. Most do both Android and WP. As far as I know...only Motorola and Nokia does one and not the other.
Second...as far as I know....no company has ever been rumored to not do Android anymore. So far this is 2 in the last 6 months saying they were not doing WP8. There was even an article about HP probably doing an Android tablet...former WebOS OEM.
Not saying it means anything...just pointing out the rumors.... Stay tuned for another article about this being a misquote later this week...lol.
15. jroc74 (Posts: 5396; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Just read about the Nook. So far thats the only company doing Android that is rumored to not do it anymore. I stand corrected.
I never handled a Nook, but have a Kindle and Kindle HD. The Kindle must be a better device..or more popular.
18. pimpollofelice123 (Posts: 30; Member since: 02 Jul 2011)
talking about WebOS. LG has acquire WebOS from HP. Go to engadget they have an article about it. I cant post links and phonearena hasnt posted anything about it yet even though i tip them already.
16. GJanee (Posts: 214; Member since: 29 Jun 2011)
if it would be as crappy as the optimus 7, then i can just reinforce LG: we have no demand for it!
21. iBananaScoop (Posts: 13; Member since: 28 May 2012)
well they made the nexus 4, why jump to Microsoft (and Nokia?) when you have Google on your side?
22. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
LG isn't interested in SINKING platform which is still trying to replace the BURNING platform w/o much success :)