LG Nexus images surface: Optimus G-like design, on-screen buttons
0. phoneArena posted on 09 Oct 2012, 01:58
We’ve been hearing so much about the allegedly upcoming LG Nexus - similar to the LG Optimus G…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. kamil posted on 09 Oct 2012, 02:03 14 0
now this guy just look like a galxay nexus but thats the series for pure android right so hope all the best for google android and i wonder how sony version of nexus would look like?
10. bobfreking55 posted on 09 Oct 2012, 02:50 7 0
Hoping for a one looking like the Xperia Arc with a mix of NXT design elements - I would like to see how that turns out to be.
I'm excited for the HTC One :D, Samsung would probably go curved screen again.
23. soshi posted on 09 Oct 2012, 05:31 1 0
Yup,I hope arc design with the three buttons replaced with notification light but the shape like the button.
27. PhenomFaz posted on 09 Oct 2012, 07:30 3 1
I am looking forward to the HTC 5" monster nexus hopefully with a One X kind of design...the One X in my opinion is the best looking phone
29. jan25 posted on 09 Oct 2012, 07:56 0 1
it's not going to be a Nexus. it has capacitive buttons and the HTC logo is printed on the front panel. the signs are clear.
33. PhenomFaz posted on 09 Oct 2012, 08:33 2 0
aw man...just...let me enjoy the moment while it lasts bro :)
hmmm...you're right though but I am still waiting for that monster to release...and there's just something about htc phones...they fascinate!
34. jan25 posted on 09 Oct 2012, 08:46 1 0
they do. Sense 4+ combined with Jellybean's project butter seems promising if you are not crazy about stock android and timely updates. i would wait and see how the battery holds out though.
46. PhenomFaz posted on 09 Oct 2012, 14:08 0 0
right on. I mean having a 1080p screnn with 44o ppi is going to take its toll but hey who knows...maybe they have optimized the screen so that it doesn't strain the battery....wishful thinking?
50. N.Reynolds posted on 09 Oct 2012, 19:40 0 0
Yes the early "leaked" images of the phone have captive buttons. But that is an early unit, plus we don't even know if that is the actual device. I will bet it's a Nexus. I know someone that is fairly high up in Verizon and has actually seen it and held it. He played that whole "I can not confirm nor deny but what I hope it has is...." and what I've got from him is it will be a pure google phone with the name Nexus 5 and is currently reffered to within Verizon as the Incredible X to throw people off from the Nexus part.
30. paulislegend posted on 09 Oct 2012, 07:56 3 1
Can we move forward with phone design, PLEASE. This. phone. is. underwhelming. Google needs to stop with this getting OTHER people to design their phones crap and put together a team of the best industrial designers they can and DESIGN a great looking phone. THIS IS WHERE APPLE OUTSHINES THEM.
52. chaoticrazor posted on 09 Oct 2012, 20:45 2 0
well not really, as apple have stopped designing and just adapting there previous design which destroys the original.
i agree we need some revolutionary new designs in phones. the lumia 920 is a great design, taken from the n9 that doesn't get the credit it should
31. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 09 Oct 2012, 08:09 1 0
Did I say it or did I say it? Android 4.1.2. lol NOT 4.2!
51. inertiatic posted on 09 Oct 2012, 20:25 1 0
Maybe that was the latest version that was fully ready when the pics were taken, and they are still putting the finishing touches on 4.2? Idk.
54. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 10 Oct 2012, 06:51 1 0
I hope so. That would be GREAT!
39. Aaron_R96 posted on 09 Oct 2012, 11:40 0 0
Seeing all these leaks about the LG nexus makes me worry that the '5' Nexus' rumour was just that, a rumour, I was excited to see a Sony and HTC Nexus aswell as having 5 different Nexus' to choose from!
2. KingKurogiii posted on 09 Oct 2012, 02:04 4 0
meh...the back looks okay although i dislike how the Camera Sensor is positioned but the front side turns me off. i'm not a fan of chrome accents.
8. bobfreking55 posted on 09 Oct 2012, 02:47 2 0
they still got a little more creative than Samsung though. Maybe the White one may look better. Don't like the Chrome too.
22. Non_Sequitur posted on 09 Oct 2012, 04:38 1 0
Either way, the front of this phone is just ridiculously sexy.
35. Berzerk000 posted on 09 Oct 2012, 09:36 1 0
This probably isn't the final design, or at least I hope it isn't. And if it is, may Motorola, Sony, or HTC be there to save us on the design front with their Nexus... If LG is the only Nexus manufacturer, well then... S**t.
14. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 09 Oct 2012, 03:03 2 0
6. pokharkarsaga posted on 09 Oct 2012, 02:30 1 0
The version is 4.1.2 .So its a minor update over 4.1.1.
9. bobfreking55 posted on 09 Oct 2012, 02:48 4 1
Probably - but 4.1 is still great and more advanced in generations than iOS 6. Haha.
37. The_Innovation posted on 09 Oct 2012, 10:42 0 0
Yea looks that way. Probably makes it more stable. Hope it adds group text in the native text app, though, like iMessage. I really need that, and rather not use 3rd party apps to use it.
7. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 09 Oct 2012, 02:37 1 9
This is flat like iPhone, not a good design.
38. The_Innovation posted on 09 Oct 2012, 10:43 3 1
Who cares about design, lol. All the phones now have similar designs. It's the inside that counts.
45. The_Innovation posted on 09 Oct 2012, 14:05 0 0
Ok, buy an iPhone and enjoy then.
48. Berzerk000 posted on 09 Oct 2012, 17:48 1 0
I would have to disagree with you a bit here. Yes, all designs are starting to get similar; as in they are all sort of warping towards uni-body polycarbonate + some other material like Kevlar, aluminum, ceramic, and glass (except for Samsung, because... Samsung), but it's minor differences in design that matter to people. Button placement, overall shape, whether the camera is protruding out of the rest of the back, where the camera is placed (middle top, top left, top right, etc.). These are all variables that matter to people.
I like it when there is a small bump for the camera, when the volume rocker is on the left side, power button on the right side, and an ergonomically curved uni-body device with a matte finish on the polycarbonate. The One X fits it perfectly, except the power button is on top, that bothers me. Maybe it's just me being slightly OCD, but that matters to people.
The Optimus G is a bit too blocky for me, not enough for the curvature of my hand; but some people like their devices having more sharp edges.
All comes down to personal preference, like everything else in the world lol
11. daymler posted on 09 Oct 2012, 03:01 0 0
btw there are 2 phones on those photos. the one is with wider front speaker and more square form, and the other one is with more oval form, different front speaker and wider silver frame around the screen. so...maybe we are looking at 2 LG Nexus Devices or what?
32. jan25 posted on 09 Oct 2012, 08:19 1 0
nope, same phone. the square shaped phone is the curved one but in a case.
47. jan25 posted on 09 Oct 2012, 17:18 2 0
if you look closely, the wide opening of the speaker is actually the opening of the case making it seem it's part of the phone. it really is the same phone mate.
49. Berzerk000 posted on 09 Oct 2012, 17:56 0 0
Whenever companies are testing a device, they put it in a case to make it look similar to an existing product.
You can see in the last photo, there's a line separating the actual device and the case. The case is making it look more square, yet you look on the inner border of that line and that shows the actual shape of the device with a more curved design.
12. RaKithAPeiRiZ posted on 09 Oct 2012, 03:02 0 0
Looks like we are gonna see a barrage of nexae
17. bloodline posted on 09 Oct 2012, 03:07 0 0
I was hoping for less bezel but still looks good
18. Jphones posted on 09 Oct 2012, 03:10 0 0
it doesn't look too good from a design aspect. HTC would make one of the best if not the best looking nexus phones
19. jan25 posted on 09 Oct 2012, 03:27 0 0
Disco phone :D I dig it! the slim profile, the chrome/metal that surrounds the screen.. everything except for the glass back. just not practical. LG has both impressed me with design and specs. it's very hard to top that phone, very hard.
20. BadAssAbe posted on 09 Oct 2012, 04:35 0 0
The LG Optimus G looks betters because
1 Square corners look better in a case
2 on screen buttons take up screen real estate with same bezel
3 on screen buttons will only be good on a true black display because of power consumption and looks (ips display dark grey not black)
21. mio15 posted on 09 Oct 2012, 04:36 0 0
just saying but since when does a Nexus device features "with Google" ?
Maybe it´s a prototype housing etc.
But maybe the rumour about the Nexus phone is bigger than that what has to come.
-> One new Nexus from Samsung (maybe with S4) is all i expect.
26. remixfa posted on 09 Oct 2012, 06:11 2 0
wow.. uuuugggly from the pix. way too much chin for this stage in the game. good thing its packed with horsepower.
28. Berzerk000 posted on 09 Oct 2012, 07:55 2 0
Looks kinda ugly. The final model will look better no doubt though.
42. nbringer posted on 09 Oct 2012, 12:09 0 0
I believe the holes on the bottom right and left from the micro-usb are for two screws.
43. ap1989 posted on 09 Oct 2012, 12:10 0 0
this not nexus phone cause nexus phone boots up with google logo not lg same thing with galaxy nexus it doesn't boot up to samsung logo only google
53. someones4 posted on 10 Oct 2012, 02:04 0 0
Looks really good.. but what about the specs? I hope that the 8gb storage is false.