LG Nexus 4 won't support T-Mobile's Wi-Fi calling
0. phoneArena posted on 01 Nov 2012, 01:39
T-Mobile customers who were hoping to use Wi-Fi calling on the upcoming LG Nexus 4, will be unhappy to find out that the service is not being supported on the latest Nexus handset; because carriers don't have input into the design of a Nexus model, T-Mobile could not request its inclusion...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 01 Nov 2012, 02:14 5 0
I am getting this phone and using AT&T. I can deal with no LTE as HSPA+ works good enough. But that price, those specs, no carrier bloat ware, no waiting for updates cant be resisted.
9. Nadr1212 posted on 01 Nov 2012, 21:54 0 1
HOW DARE U!!!!! IF I DON'T HAVE A SIGNAL I USUALLY USE WIFI AND I ALWAYS HAVE WIFI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now it's just useless ;(
10. Nadr1212 posted on 01 Nov 2012, 21:57 0 0
If it actually hated Tmobile, they Probably wouldn't give to T-Mobile anyways
11. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 02 Nov 2012, 06:34 0 0
What the hell are you going on about? Calm down, I wasn't making any rude remarks about you or T-mobile, I was just saying I personally don't have a problem with it. Relax, it wasn't a personal attack lol
2. ibap posted on 01 Nov 2012, 07:25 0 0
Will the carriers please all get on board with this feature as an app? Then we can get rid of our femtocells.
3. jackhuny posted on 01 Nov 2012, 08:55 0 0
Is wifi calling a feature that can only be added by the carrier?
Perhaps it can be added as a app or with a custom rom?
5. remixfa posted on 01 Nov 2012, 11:14 0 0
it is actually built into the software. Its not just an app, unfortunately.
7. cptbeatstix posted on 01 Nov 2012, 13:05 0 0
Like remixfa said, software standard for TMO. The upside to having crappy signal with wifi available, that router turns into your own tower.
6. soldiernation posted on 01 Nov 2012, 12:32 0 0
Hope it's not bloated with T-Mobile stuff. As long as it's not, I'm getting it.
8. gallitoking posted on 01 Nov 2012, 14:24 1 0
I might buy it for my mom. since she is the only one in T-Mo in our family.