LG Nexus 4 won't support T-Mobile's Wi-Fi calling
0. phoneArena 01 Nov 2012, 01:39 posted on
T-Mobile customers who were hoping to use Wi-Fi calling on the upcoming LG Nexus 4, will be unhappy to find out that the service is not being supported on the latest Nexus handset; because carriers don't have input into the design of a Nexus model, T-Mobile could not request its inclusion...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3045; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
I am getting this phone and using AT&T. I can deal with no LTE as HSPA+ works good enough. But that price, those specs, no carrier bloat ware, no waiting for updates cant be resisted.
9. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
HOW DARE U!!!!! IF I DON'T HAVE A SIGNAL I USUALLY USE WIFI AND I ALWAYS HAVE WIFI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now it's just useless ;(
10. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
If it actually hated Tmobile, they Probably wouldn't give to T-Mobile anyways
11. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3045; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
What the hell are you going on about? Calm down, I wasn't making any rude remarks about you or T-mobile, I was just saying I personally don't have a problem with it. Relax, it wasn't a personal attack lol
2. ibap (Posts: 717; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
Will the carriers please all get on board with this feature as an app? Then we can get rid of our femtocells.
3. jackhuny (Posts: 10; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Is wifi calling a feature that can only be added by the carrier?
Perhaps it can be added as a app or with a custom rom?
5. remixfa (Posts: 14252; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
it is actually built into the software. Its not just an app, unfortunately.
7. cptbeatstix (Posts: 101; Member since: 19 Jul 2012)
Like remixfa said, software standard for TMO. The upside to having crappy signal with wifi available, that router turns into your own tower.
4. nak1017 (Posts: 328; Member since: 08 Jan 2010)
This sounds like a job for the Dev forums...
6. soldiernation (Posts: 34; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
Hope it's not bloated with T-Mobile stuff. As long as it's not, I'm getting it.
8. gallitoking (Posts: 4700; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I might buy it for my mom. since she is the only one in T-Mo in our family.