LG Nexus 4 to get bumpers, but not for left handed death grip
It is the Korean manufacturer's first time eating from the Nexus trough and the good news is that the rubber bumper accessory is not being offered because of attenuation or any loss of signal strength. The bad news is that LG isn't giving away the bumpers for free. Google’s Dan Morrill said on his Google+ page that the bumpers are being sold to those who want to protect the edge-to-edge glass screen on the device. Morrill notes that the bumper is like a case but without a back covering, but who would want to cover up that sparkling back on the LG Nexus 4 anyway?
source: DanMorrill via Phandroid
1. PhenomFaz posted on 30 Oct 2012, 14:13 24 1
Bumpers...no bumpers...bumpers...no bumpers....who cares?
Nexus 4 is awesome no matter which way you look at it!
2. BadAssAbe posted on 30 Oct 2012, 14:16 0 0
I would want to get a cool bumper for the LG OG (trademark LOL)
3. gallitoking posted on 30 Oct 2012, 14:22 10 1
love that they put 'Nexus' on the sparkling back..
4. jan25 posted on 30 Oct 2012, 14:23 6 0
this just keeps getting more awesome. i was planning on buying a case for this baby but i was afraid it would cover the nice pattered back.
5. Kronic (banned) posted on 30 Oct 2012, 14:30 3 11
Now who says we can compare this hideous design with the iPhone 5. Before you start talking about scuffs and scratches why don't you do some research on the nexus 7 built quality issues which make it sound like a homemade tablet. Image retention, broken pixels, touch screen glitches, the adhesive between the glass and the tablet could be heard coming off and also broken micro USB port. So you think only apple products have glitches initially? Well then you are wrong.
7. darkkjedii posted on 30 Oct 2012, 14:37 5 5
Dude the apple haters won't ever acknowledge an issue with there devices. My best friend has a S3, and between the camera has small cracks and on the side. This issue was made known on PA too. The s3 is a great phone, but none r perfect.
10. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 30 Oct 2012, 15:19 1 1
So you're ragging on a phone that's not even released yet by bringing up a tablet that had some flaws when first released. Okay.
14. remixfa posted on 30 Oct 2012, 16:23 8 1
got an N7 on the first shipment. Not a single issue. The internet blows "issues" out of the water.
the last major major issue due to hardware was Antennagate..
19. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 30 Oct 2012, 18:39 1 1
Have to agree with that, when you buy a phone and can't make calls, kinda defeats the purpose of owning it.
28. theking_13 posted on 31 Oct 2012, 15:55 0 1
Or scratchgate, getting the iPhone 5 scratched even though its sealed.
6. bloodline posted on 30 Oct 2012, 14:36 9 2
Stop comparing this device to the iPhone not even in the same league. Nexus destroys it
8. Kronic (banned) posted on 30 Oct 2012, 14:43 3 15
No it is in the same league. The nexus is made by LG. iPhone 5 has a better design and a better camera (purple haze has been fixed). It is thinner, lighter and just as smooth and fast thanks to ios.
9. chaoticrazor posted on 30 Oct 2012, 14:57 9 4
Better camera..you serious and the design on the iPhone isn't better, its stale.
12. bucky posted on 30 Oct 2012, 15:47 0 7
yes, better camera. you'd really have to be a fanboy to think the optimus G camera is better.
ill take anything over all plastic.
13. chaoticrazor posted on 30 Oct 2012, 15:54 3 1
Plastic again, all you ever hear is its plastic there for it must be cheap and crap.....the word premium has lost meaning its just a label now
Besides you cant call the iphones camera better with its known problems, over saturated colors and post process sharpening etc.
Speaking of fanboys 'kronic' is the definition
20. ncv144 posted on 30 Oct 2012, 19:55 2 0
bucky, guess you must have sight issues, because the only part in the nexus 4 made of plastic is the bumper and that is so we dont get any issues with signal, the rest is glass.
23. Kronic (banned) posted on 31 Oct 2012, 00:26 0 3
The design of iPhone 5 is the sexiest perhaps you are stale.
25. gabe92 posted on 31 Oct 2012, 00:47 0 0
iphone 5 is pretty much the same fkn design as the 4. and will not compare to the nexus just look at the specs sheet its a fact.
26. chaoticrazor posted on 31 Oct 2012, 09:50 0 0
your such a fanboy, you need a reality check, you think that a stretched iphone 4 is the ''sexiest'' design.......its not even close it looks off and very lazy....
people can argue over what looks better but you saying its the sexiest is sad......nokia have much better designs so do sony
11. protozeloz posted on 30 Oct 2012, 15:41 1 0
For taking purple pictures it seems and getting scratched
16. darkkjedii posted on 30 Oct 2012, 16:38 0 2
U guys r wasting your time. You're better off blogging with a light pole.
17. lauremar posted on 30 Oct 2012, 16:54 2 1
Listen to yourself dude. You're the epitome of an Apple iFanboy... For the record Apple copied the iPhone designs from the LG Prada. As far as IOS 6, have fun getting lost using the maps app that got the guy who designed it fired. I would never trade Google maps (which is included on LG Nexus 4) with that of Apple... LMFAO
18. weinerslav posted on 30 Oct 2012, 17:45 0 0
I was under the impression that part of the iphone was also made by LG... So yeah, if made by LG was an insult, that works against you too... How bright you are!
27. 8logic posted on 31 Oct 2012, 12:31 0 0
what? i thought the purple haze was "normal," if not add feature for yall sh**p??????
29. pandambaba posted on 31 Oct 2012, 22:38 0 0
the internals sound nice, but i'm sorry why is the flagship google phone so cheap looking? plastic is not "premium". the last great looking design for a nexus was the nexus s.