LG Nexus 4 gets lost in a bar. Really.
0. phoneArena 26 Oct 2012, 20:21 posted on
Following in the footsteps of the Apple iPhone 4 and Apple iPhone 4S, both of which ended up lost in a bar, the LG Nexus 4 was accidentally left at a bar in San Francisco and while the bartender didn't know what he had there, one of the patrons of the bar knew what it was and contacted Google...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Jim is now a popular guy :)
31. -box- (Posts: 3933; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
What is up with Google and Android-using companies having announcements same-day as others? First the Motorola mistake on the same day as the 2nd-gen Lumias were announced, now the Nexus on the same day WP8 is going to be announced. Granted this might get more attention than 3 ho-hum phones, but still...
34. Altair (Posts: 363; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Why you ask? It is because they are evil and trying to do every cheap trick to gain attention and take it away from competitors.
Google is an evil company.
35. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5659; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
if Google is evil then Satan is Apple's Bitch.
37. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5987; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Actually, I think Apple is Satan's bitch....
36. wendygarett (unregistered)
I don't know what you mean but I don't see a reason to hate Google... You really need to calm down lol
39. wendygarett (unregistered)
What do you mean lol
41. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5230; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Doesn't look like they're original either since they're copying what Apple did with the iPhone at a bar.
52. LionStone (Posts: 487; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
Actually Google showed up Apple by getting the device back without being douche bags about it.
53. Droiddoes (unregistered)
45. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
im not taking sides in any google-apple war but all i can say to this is "lol"
3. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
He have just made an advertisement for a bar.
4. Max_Boost (Posts: 68; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Don't be surprised if Apple sues LG for copying their iphones getting lost in a bar. ROFLMAO
24. CWBAlfredo (Posts: 28; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Good one! I could just see apple going "Hey that was our stunt. Find your own unintentional publicity stunt!"
48. Fuego84 (Posts: 304; Member since: 13 May 2012)
They'll probably want to sue over this unintentional publicity stunt ? Since it's a trademark strategic publicity stunt. Hahaha
5. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
i seriously want this phone.....
6. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I wonder what crime they would put on him. hmmm. is picking up a lost phone a crime?
10. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
If you find a phone and manage to get in contact with the owner, if you don't give them their phone when they ask it back then you are stealing, that's probably what they meant
30. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
but hey, they can't access the phone from within. Google just claimed it, without any proof. HAHAHA.
7. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5659; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i guess he got paid more than what he thought a Nexus 4 would cost. i would've went back and forth trying to get the deals sweetened.
8. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Why lucky people are non geeks D; I would have found this thing and it would have been another story
9. darkkjedii (Posts: 13892; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Giants r gonna win the World Series 4-1
13. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9511; Member since: 14 May 2012)
This has absolutely nothing to do with the article.
Earlier today, you told me I sit here all day and just troll, and look what you just did. Hypocrite.
15. Izzy_V (Posts: 216; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I would ignore him from now on if I were you. He's either like 12 or likes to start arguments he can't win. He'll also get on his alts to make it look like he's not the only one with pointless opinions. :)
11. GeekMovement (Posts: 1799; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
People who just leave phones (and especially important ones) anywhere are just careless and shouldn't be working for giant tech companies like Google or Apple. My phone is always stuck like velcro to me, it isn't going anywhere out of my sight.
14. tiara6918 (Posts: 1835; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
That guy should have been more careful with his lg nexus 4, who knows what could have happened if it was months away from its official launch date, he would be doomed.
18. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 540; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
Not exactly a cutting edge design. Maybe it looks better in white.
19. imkyle (Posts: 1034; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Remember when phones were not leaked and we were surprised when they were announced.. I miss those days.
23. redmd (Posts: 967; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
the tech blog sphere have been evolving. anything will be leaked.
27. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I had faith in you LG but now you went darkside. unless the Nexus is on every major carrier will follow the bust the Galaxy was.. on the bright side Verizon promises an a key Lime upgrade in 2015
55. Droiddoes (unregistered)
STFU, unless it has a shiny apple on it, is 6 months behind the curve, and costs twice what it's actually worth you never cared. Cut the bullsh*t.
I will give you props on ALMOST forming a complete, grammatically correct sentence though. Keep at it!
29. regkilla (Posts: 83; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
I should start hanging out in bay area bars
40. pandambaba (Posts: 28; Member since: 18 Feb 2012)
lmfao if I found it I wouldn't even pay attention to it. it looks so cheap!
42. someones4 (Posts: 622; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Why is this a big deal? we all know what the phone looks like.
43. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5987; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
It is an issue because Google seems to be making it an issue (firing the employee who lost it, threats against the person who found it, and, and, and). Of course, if I were in Google's position, I would probably do the same thing. The $ that is tied up in a product development effort is non-trivial, and they want to control every part of the process to maximize the successful launch.
50. really (Posts: 3; Member since: 27 Oct 2012)
I guess it's like in many games that if you want information you go to tavern... lol...
why bar? why not some strip club???
56. ibap (Posts: 716; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
OK folks, this is an old ploy. Bartender should have just turned the thing over to the police, instead of being nice about it.
Or if you're smart and really don't want the things outed, quit giving test phones to bozos that drink in bars.
57. osaFromJava (Posts: 34; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
20 smartphones left everyweek?? Damn..!
58. buggerrer (Posts: 292; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
The bartender is Nicholas Cage! :-)
59. HarryDevlin (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Nokia tried losing a phone in a San Francisco Bar and the bar owner hired an attorney and sued Nokia.
60. mydi.maus (unregistered)
lg copy iphone in lost and found,..well htc and samsung,..you should come up with something at least,maybe 8x and a gs3 giveaway!
62. downphoenix (Posts: 2561; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
I wonder what happened to the sim card? :)