LG Lucid unboxing and hands-on
0. phoneArena posted on 29 Mar 2012, 15:08
Flying under the radar, the LG Lucid on paper seems like a respectable high-end smartphone that can still pack a punch, but interestingly enough, its best arsenal is the amazing affordable price point it’s flaunting. Heck, at $79.99 with a 2-year contract...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. LoneShaolin posted on 29 Mar 2012, 15:12 2 0
Nice mid-range phone for bottom-barrel pricing
2. Muhannad posted on 29 Mar 2012, 15:13 2 0
I just can't wait until the Optimus 4X is released, really excited to see how it performs.
3. ddxmms posted on 29 Mar 2012, 15:18 1 0
indeed looks nice and affordable..but its back looks very glossy.
4. Captain_Doug posted on 29 Mar 2012, 15:33 0 0
I just ran a few benchmarks on this phone (antutu and nenamark) and this phone owned. It may have the price of a low end phone but i was very surprised to see how well it did. It got around 43-44fps on nenamark and it's antutu rating was around 5000-6000. Comparing stock phones, it beat the reozund, razr and nexus at nenamark and on antutu, it held it's own. Very impressed.
edit= on a side note, I really don't like the back of this phone. I'd give up a little reception to have a higher quality material.
5. denney posted on 29 Mar 2012, 16:31 0 0
I would expect an incredible frame rate from a WVGA. The Rezound, RAZR and Nexus all have super high resolutions, so more of the processing power gets wasted on pixelshifting.
11. Captain_Doug posted on 02 Apr 2012, 13:55 0 0
Very true. Just wanted to say that this phone is no slouch. Although in using it more, it was getting pretty hot (108F) with just normal use. Still within okay boundaries but I if overclocked or if used while charging, this phone may not be such a solid hitter.
7. remixfa posted on 29 Mar 2012, 20:44 1 0
i like the dark red accents on the back. Any word on which processor it is? T2, S3/S4?
8. KingKurogiii posted on 29 Mar 2012, 20:52 0 0
it's definitely either an OMAP4 or an S3...my money is on the latter since a 1.5GHz version is in the Spectrum. the back reminds me of the Samsung Omnia II actually. o:
9. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 29 Mar 2012, 22:24 0 0
I can't wait for a decent Android Verizon Prepaid phone. Come on, just give us ONE.
10. kshell1 posted on 30 Mar 2012, 06:08 0 0
verizons prepaid has always been lackluster while on tmobile you can buy any phone you want retail and use it prepaid.
12. thatjackal posted on 03 Apr 2012, 16:24 0 0
I picked my mom up this phone this morning and she absolutely loves it. I think it's a great phone for her... and I'm slightly jealous of it myself.