LG LS970 "Eclipse" for Sprint spotted again, rumored to feature quad-core Snapdragon S4, 2GB RAM, LTE
0. phoneArena posted on 11 May 2012, 07:28
Today, more evidence suggesting that the device is real indeed has been provided by the very same source. To start, the LG LS970 will likely be known as the LG Eclipse, or something similar to that moniker. (LG Eclipse 4G LTE, perhaps?) Furthermore, the smartphone is expected to be powered by the APQ8064 chipset – a 1.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 by Qualcomm with four "Krait" cores and Adreno 320 GPU...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. robyla posted on 11 May 2012, 07:50 2 10
2GB of RAM is not big deal as long as they are using DDR2 RAM. 1 GB DDR3 would be more than enough.
26. Hunt3rj2 posted on 11 May 2012, 11:11 1 0
It's either high performance LPDDR2 or standard LPDDR3.
Either way, this is idiotic because DDR3/DDR2 really doesn't matter as much as dual channel, which all modern SoCs this year (Tegra 3 doesn't count) have.
33. KingKurogiii posted on 11 May 2012, 16:00 0 0
it's true even the OMPA4's dual-channel LPDDR2 design is more than sufficient.
16. hung2900 posted on 11 May 2012, 09:27 0 1
Yeah, DDR3 and dual-channel is more necessary than a greater RAM for smartphone. 2GB is used for Tablet.
35. Claudio88 posted on 12 May 2012, 08:41 0 0
Haha. Com certeza que não. Mas é um com configurações igual a esta que eu quero num smartphone.
6. jackhammeR posted on 11 May 2012, 08:14 1 6
what silly size is it?
just like samsung little feature phones (3,67).
2 gigs of ram?
10. kshell1 posted on 11 May 2012, 08:28 4 0
I wouldn't be suprised if you could have 100 apps open with that massive amount
7. medicci37 posted on 11 May 2012, 08:21 11 1
Would have been nice if the SG lll had these specs.
9. tigermcm posted on 11 May 2012, 08:27 1 0
I dont really care for anrdoid but for Spring to actually get some kind of phone that has people drolling is great news. Been with Sprint for 11yrs and most the time when phones are announced i go meh ok and?
11. skymitch89 posted on 11 May 2012, 08:33 0 0
Ugh, just another phone to look at come Feb. I think I'm just going to wait and see what comes out of CES 2013 and what rumored devices there are at the time.
12. darac posted on 11 May 2012, 08:45 0 0
Holly..okay that's it, I'm waiting for this to come out worldwide, lol.
It's specs are squishing everything yet announced and also the biggest thing that is yet to be announced (iPhone 5)
I mean that Quad core Krat will run some future pc-s, and laptops, for geeks sake..
13. bubbadoes posted on 11 May 2012, 09:04 0 0
What a Joke!! Sprint does not even have a LTE/4G network... Remember the original Sprint HTC Evo 4G,,,,about a year and a half ago...now they come out with the Evo LTE...didn't realize their was a difference between LTE/4G..so now LG comes with this monster of a over spec'ed out phone running on WIMAX.....but flaunting LTE.....the only pure LTE network is Verizon....but they aren't flaunting any major phones on LTE either other than 10 different versions of Droid Series and Razr models....
25. Moocracka posted on 11 May 2012, 11:01 0 0
You do realize that 4G is just a moniker for faster data speed correct? WiMax is still a 4G network, just more expensive to develop and maintain (as Sprint finally figured out). LTE components are more stable. And the rollout for Sprint's LTE network is starting soon.
27. Hunt3rj2 posted on 11 May 2012, 11:12 0 0
Sprint is going to be rolling out LTE to significant amounts of people by the end of this year. Major cities and the surrounding suburbs should have it.
34. lsutigers posted on 11 May 2012, 18:20 0 0
Actually, Sprint's LTE Network is already running in some markets and will be bigger that ATT's by the end of the year.
14. Tmachaveli posted on 11 May 2012, 09:15 0 0
The phone is not a wimax phone every 4g phone from sprint will be lte for now on
15. Mozarrt posted on 11 May 2012, 09:26 1 0
If LG could release this baby now, nobody in their right mind would even be thinking about buying the Samsung Galaxy SIII,
I'm really adoring the specs here.
17. hung2900 posted on 11 May 2012, 09:28 0 0
How can LG do that when now Qualcomm cannot suppy enough SoCs to the OEMs even dual-core Krait?
18. bubbadoes posted on 11 May 2012, 09:31 0 0
#14..I guess you didn't read my coment. My comment is WHERE IS LTE/4G on Sprint....you can have a LTE/4G phone all day long, but what is the signal reading 3G. No different than a iphone4S on Verizon running with a 3G radio, when Verizon is pushing LTE basically everywhere.......
19. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) posted on 11 May 2012, 09:53 0 0
Really like the design of this phone looks very modern and
Contemporary stands out. Not the ugly curve phones...
This recalls ov the N74 concept .... 2gb ram is wicked u won't need
Task killers running. U can run 50 apps and browse on dolphin
HD browser opening 4 tabs rule still have 400mb of ram left
Android requires lots ram to run. it even takes up 370 mb
Of ram running the OS.
22. Jonathan41 posted on 11 May 2012, 10:33 0 0
Nice specs, I couldn't bring myself to buy an LG. I've seen some bad things happen with LGs before and I don't really like there ICS skin. I'll wait other more reputable manufactures like HTC or maybe even Samsung too top these specs which I'm sure they will do as this is near release.
23. cGmC11 posted on 11 May 2012, 10:36 0 0
Is this phone the next gen venerable LG Chocolate series? Mmmmm...at least is sweet!
24. Jericho posted on 11 May 2012, 10:46 0 0
Did i see it right? 320 adreno? This is indeed a beast of a phone.
(FYI HTC one XL has adreno 225)
29. jove39 posted on 11 May 2012, 13:04 0 0
This leak is meant to hold back potential SGS3 users...lol
30. androidornothing posted on 11 May 2012, 13:10 0 1
omg y can't they put this quad core s4 chip in the Galaxy s3
32. jove39 posted on 11 May 2012, 13:56 0 0
Hardly matters...device has super phone specs...good enough to buy first LG phone
31. EclipseGSX posted on 11 May 2012, 13:46 0 0
I thought it was spelled "Eclypse" that's confusing. Too bad its an LG or I would get it :)
36. btavares posted on 13 May 2012, 19:48 0 0
Espero que este telemóvel saia para Portugal... Se não sair vou ficar extremamente triste, eu tenho o Galaxy S2 e só troco por um com características deste género. Anybody Knows if this phone going be selled in Europe?