LG Knock Code will be available on the G2 and G Flex in April after a software update
0. phoneArena 24 Mar 2014, 22:54 posted on
The update will be rolled out in phases to the G2 and G Flex. LG didn't say if it intends to bring Knock Code to more handsets in the near future...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Liveitup (Posts: 1798; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
LG didn't develop the knock code, Lumia phones first had this feature.
3. Duketytz (Posts: 534; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
Nobody really cares who develop what first as long as us consumers benefit... Why don't people understand?
5. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I think you mistaken the Knock Code and KnockOn. The Knock Code is first developed by LG, which you can set tappings as your pattern lock. About the KnockOn (which is double tap to wake screen), yes, the Lumia phones already have this feature before LG.
But it doesn't really matter who's the first to develop the feature, the important thing is that it's useful or not. I think the KnockOn (double tap to wake screen) and Knock Code is useful, I don't really care who's the first to develop these features.
8. lyndon420 (Posts: 4373; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Where did he say that only Nokia could use it?
12. frommars (Posts: 11; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
LG got patent for knock'on & code year 2008 more than 6 years ago!
4. maherk (Posts: 3729; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
LG UI has many useful features, including the knock on feature which now everyone is including it in their flagships(Z2, New One, Find 7), but I still don't get how the knock code is that useful. It takes more time to unlock your phone, very predictable if someone is taking a peek, plus all thw fingerprints left on the screen after unlocking your phone.
7. nazyr1803 (Posts: 91; Member since: 11 Jan 2013)
Thats why we have anti fingerprint screen protector
9. Nabil2511 (Posts: 152; Member since: 27 Jan 2014)
Yay, i will definitely change to G2 then.. good news to hear this..
10. qwerty0722 (unregistered)
Here's my opinion
LG will be the next tiger
btw, my LG G2 which is south Korea version F320
I thought it will receive Android 4.4 KitKat about 6 months or even longer after release
but I received Android 4.4 in 2014 mid-January
and Android 4.4.2 update about in February
this is really incredible
13. garyII (Posts: 160; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
I can imagine how G-Flex gonna perform the knock code function, it will shake like a wooden horse...haha