LG G5 with a mysterious and bulky Magic Slot module on board leaks out
1. manojmcn (Posts: 388; Member since: 16 Jul 2015)
The first attempt may be ugly, but I think it's a positive direction towards some innovative ways to bring in more add on functionalities to the mobiles.
24. manojmcn (Posts: 388; Member since: 16 Jul 2015)
BTW anyone feeling that the expectation towards LG5 being a gamechanger for LG has taken a hit after the last two ugly pics in leaks?
31. neonix (Posts: 64; Member since: 04 Aug 2014)
For me personally, yes, these ugly images have hurt my expectations for now. But that can easily be rectified if the device looks good when it's officially unveiled.
2. jessyi (Posts: 321; Member since: 08 Jan 2015)
I dont see it ugle.the picture that have been leaked has been blurred intentionaly for some reasone.
42. kent-gaga (Posts: 479; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
the reason is because the one who took the picture doesn't know how to take a proper photo?
3. tech2 (Posts: 3326; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
LG G5's designer: I like big butts and I cannot lie.....
18. manojmcn (Posts: 388; Member since: 16 Jul 2015)
Haha and flat b**bs, look at the dual lens.
4. johanbiff (Posts: 387; Member since: 31 Mar 2015)
should rename it to "LG G5 Quasimodo edition".
5. emvxl (Posts: 31; Member since: 29 Sep 2009)
Is that the cousin of the battery pack/case made by Apple?
6. LittleGaGaKiller (Posts: 280; Member since: 19 Jan 2015)
Thats LG G5 with a huge tumor in the butt, probably Lipoma
7. SamDH1 (Posts: 402; Member since: 21 Apr 2015)
Maybe it's some sort of 'Survival Pack'? And maybe they will release a bunch of different modules to suit different activities...
If you look at the camera bump, it's decreased a lot which means that this is a case with the module on the bottom, which could mean it's a super durable case thingy majiggy, too... Would be pretty cool, certainly makes up (a little) for such an ugly device, but still wouldn't buy one.
8. Landon (Posts: 371; Member since: 07 May 2015)
Is LG even trying at this point? Yesterday's leaks showing the regular G5 weren't that bad (in my opinion) but this is straight up UGLY!
9. Biernot (unregistered)
LG G5 Anus-Cancer Edition
11. marorun (Posts: 2881; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
So many hater for a simple module attached to a device :)
20. TerryTerius (Posts: 1412; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
I don't think anyone said the concept was useless. They said they didn't like the way it looked. Which is of course subjective... But that particular module is ugly. Call a spade a spade.
28. Shocky (Posts: 2067; Member since: 16 May 2012)
From anyone else I would have thought it was a prototype, they would be crazy to release something that ugly to consumers.
13. markpowervr (Posts: 23; Member since: 22 Dec 2015)
seems like the g5 is very powerful indeed! @$some flagship! ready for combat in fulll battle slot!
14. yurajsiki (Posts: 16; Member since: 15 Oct 2015)
I feel very envious of some fans from other companies
15. donrox (Posts: 121; Member since: 18 Jul 2014)
this looks like a camera grip. it actually has a dial and a camera shutter button. i can't distinguish the two other buttons though!
21. j2001m (Posts: 2755; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
It is a camera grip, you can see the cam key and the zoom wheel
40. ibend (Posts: 3153; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
and some extra battery pack :D
even better if they put extra microSD slot on it
17. Trakker (Posts: 283; Member since: 11 Feb 2016)
Some kind of modular expansion slot would be interesting but LH like every other major manufacturer wants people to buy a new phone every year so I can't see this doing much.
19. duartix (Posts: 275; Member since: 01 Apr 2014)
How can PA say there is no camera in there, if we can't see the entire front nor the complete back?
It might as well have 4 cameras in that module and we still couldn't tell...
22. luisomarf (Posts: 2; Member since: 16 May 2014)
this accesorie its a shotter camera module + battery expansion.
its a removible accesorie.
25. jessyi (Posts: 321; Member since: 08 Jan 2015)
No neednto use the slot!but if needed why dont use it?its an extra functionality to a smartphone which no other has been able to do...
26. Sprissy (Posts: 147; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
As long as this phone has a replacable battery I will be happy. As far as these pics though, it looks dumb, just my opinion.
29. nebula (Posts: 472; Member since: 20 Feb 2015)
That bulk is actually wallet cash to carry .
30. Joseph96 (Posts: 28; Member since: 08 Feb 2016)
I believe. in LG so lg g5 will be better than s7/s7edge
32. Furbal (Posts: 884; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
I'm going with camera grip. The wheel would be zoom, bottom edge may be a microphone plug for a boom?
33. KyleRiemen (Posts: 110; Member since: 29 Oct 2014)
I think i see a volume-wheel. Maybe a headphone Amplifier + Battery Extension Pack.
34. molokante (Posts: 3; Member since: 17 Feb 2016)
My guess is a DAC/amp. Good idea in my opinion. Doesn't look great, but external DAC/amps are usually a lot bulkier.
44. belovedson (Posts: 975; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
thats my guess too....definitely reminds me of fiio x7
35. hortizano (Posts: 274; Member since: 22 May 2013)
Blurry? So DON'T use an iPhone to photograph leaks...!!
37. cnour (Posts: 544; Member since: 11 Sep 2014)
Bad imitation for the last Apple battery case.
38. Mreveryphone (Posts: 361; Member since: 22 Apr 2014)
Was this pic taken with a throwaway camera from the 90's?
39. MrElectrifyer (Posts: 1874; Member since: 21 Oct 2014)
Perhaps it's some NFC-powered Camera Grip? That's very possible for an Android device given that we already have the ability to add buttons to our phones via NFC: