LG G3 to come with Snapdragon 805, 3200 mAh battery, and 13 MP Sony sensor with OIS+, claims insider
0. phoneArena 07 May 2014, 01:53 posted on
LG will apparently be using the same 13 MP Sony IMX124 Exmor RS sensor that is in the OnePlus One, if the source is to be believed. It comes with an f/2.0 aperture, which means good performance in low-light conditions on theory, and, judging from the OnePlus One samples, the results are pretty decent indeed. The tipster also confirms that the camera will be on the same suspension mechanism that is in the G Pro 2, called OIS+...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
34. AtheK (Posts: 37; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Having a G2 from last 6 months, it is the first time EVER i did not even bother looking at this year flagships. The G2 itself is one of the best phones i have ever used. They did a pretty good job updating it to 4.4.2 too as well.
The specs on G3 if true as above are nothing short of spectacular, and will hit the sales of S5 and M8 really bad. Don't forget may 27 is the unveiling, the phone might launch only by first week of July, giving them the required produce of 805.
69. wargreymon (Posts: 362; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
Since LG said they expect a better quarter report due to the release of G3 it has to come with at least a week or so left of June.
38. refillable (Posts: 832; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Well FYI f/2.0 is the lens, not the sensor. BTW this phone looks promising. Please equip a better IPS than those AMOLEDs equipped in S5s and also please Improve the battery even further (Customization)!
40. likemorethan1 (Posts: 48; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
What is the point of QHD, we cant see the differences, and the batteries will be drained so freaking fast
41. papss (unregistered)
Wow let us hope this is true... I will be picking this up.
46. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Let's hope it comes in metal finish than cheap junk plastic
LG should make this a premium phone
I would love to own a LG3
53. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3682; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
wrap this around...........
72. papss (unregistered)
I thought you had something real until I opened it ... Cracks me up
42. strikercho (banned) (Posts: 156; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
5,5" display?! This could be anything, but not a phone! A coffee tray, a small door, an iPad, but NOT a phone:)))) Ridiculous...
48. Leonis (Posts: 337; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
What do you call M8, Z2, Note 3 and S5 then? You have no idea how big the phone will actually be. Judging only by screen size is stupid.
43. shinobi71 (Posts: 3; Member since: 02 May 2014)
I think Lg shoud push out 4gb of ram to compensate for the quad hd screen. This wil also make it future proof against the note 4. I had a galaxy before, and now currently own a g2, i love my phone. The only thing i miss is the option of saving a video to the phone vs streaming it. Cant wait to see the official g3
84. AtheK (Posts: 37; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
wats the point of 4 GB ram if your proc is not a 64 bit
52. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
If the G3 comes with a S805, my belief is Nexus 6 will too and not the guessed S810.
Could be wrong but I don't think I am.
71. wargreymon (Posts: 362; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
Snapdragon 810 won't come until Q1 2015 anyways.
60. Mreveryphone (Posts: 103; Member since: 22 Apr 2014)
The only way to get to the top spot is to be aggressive and do the things others aren't doing. If these specs are true HTC and Samsung better have their second releases ready. But then again that might hurt them as well and piss consumers off. LG has the right mind frame and they are going right for the jugular!
64. drazwy (Posts: 172; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
Exactly, and that junk better be ready for sale within 2 weeks of announcement or they will lose out to other phones. Oneplus is going to suffer this.
62. drazwy (Posts: 172; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
Nice! Man. The OnePlus is fading from my memory.
63. Lauticol (Posts: 253; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
I'd like them to stay with the same screensize as the G2 but getting the bezels to the minimum or adding stereo speakers
66. Deaconclgi (Posts: 395; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
This will be my next Android phone. I have the Nexus 5 and I had the G2 (I had the HTC G2 as well :) ). The LG G2 was my favorite Android phone.
68. DocOc (Posts: 138; Member since: 23 Apr 2014)
There is no doubt that this will be a sweet phone, but what about the Nexus 6? It's going to be tough to decide given the lower price of the Nexus line.
73. Fluffy3477 (Posts: 4; Member since: 05 Apr 2014)
Very disappointed in LG. I've been following the G3 for almost two months now, and with each leak, it seems that the specs keep getting lower and lower. From the octa-core to the quad.
78. jimbo1mcm (Posts: 23; Member since: 07 May 2014)
Brought my G2 back because they forgot to put the buttons on the side......oh wait, I never use the buttons because I turn it off and on with knock knock. G2 is fantastic. G3 will be over the top.
83. shamatuu (Posts: 159; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
LG updates is pretty bad so 50/50 picking this up over HTC M8.
85. eddiea (Posts: 12; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
Let's hope these specs are spot on...then take my money please!