LG G3 to come with Snapdragon 805, 3200 mAh battery, and 13 MP Sony sensor with OIS+, claims insider
0. phoneArena 07 May 2014, 01:53 posted on
LG will apparently be using the same 13 MP Sony IMX124 Exmor RS sensor that is in the OnePlus One, if the source is to be believed. It comes with an f/2.0 aperture, which means good performance in low-light conditions on theory, and, judging from the OnePlus One samples, the results are pretty decent indeed. The tipster also confirms that the camera will be on the same suspension mechanism that is in the G Pro 2, called OIS+...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
29. Jishnusur (Posts: 85; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)
The article says IMX124, I believe they meant IMX214 ! LOL
37. jimbo1mcm (Posts: 23; Member since: 07 May 2014)
Totally love my 3 week old G2 but will get rid of it in a NY minute, if the specs for the G3 are accurate. This will be the best phone of 2014, including any new Apple stuff, and I was an apple fanboi.
54. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Welcome to the Android side :D I wouldn't the the G3 the best phone of 2014 just yet since we still got 7 months to go :P But it will be so beastly for sure. I'm looking forward to the Z3, Note 4, S5 Prime and HTC One M8 Prime, and whatever else that's a beast!!
79. wilsong17 (unregistered)
hmmm no note 4 is underway papa the beast
28. take1sub (Posts: 15; Member since: 24 Jan 2014)
Snapdragon 805 has been delayed since its performance is lower than expected due to throttling. So it's absolutely not true that G3 will powered by SD805
31. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1218; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
If it's been delayed then why has Qualcomm already pushed out it's developer tablet with the 805 processor on it as of last month?
Also, there is no indication from any article that I can find that Qualcomm has delayed the 805 processor. In fact, more and more GFX benchmarks are showing the processor on board mystery devices.
36. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1218; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I hope you're not going to claim you have some insider information because I can tell you this site has had about a dime a dozen "insiders" that have been proven to be fakes.
88. take1sub (Posts: 15; Member since: 24 Jan 2014)
HA! How about that! I told you "THERE IS NO SNAPDRAGON 805"
44. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Just an over clocked S800 to 2.7Ghz
A9 can be clocked max upto 2.7Ghz
A15 upto 3.0Ghz
47. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
another spam by the "power user"
57. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Anandtech and Arm them self says that
So they are bogus and BS
58. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Did you not know Arm Cortex A9 can be clocked upto max 2.7Ghz
So what's wrong being a power user
So your complaining if people drive M3 Amg55 and Jaguar Xkr and users using intel i7 soc at 3.0+Ghz
So your complain people should drive BS 2.0engine and not 4.0 or above
81. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Stupid comparison, most people who overclock their intel i7 CPU buy aftermarket equipment to cool it down. S800, S801 and Cortex A15 SoCs already generate plenty of heat on stock clocks.
4. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Sounds like a perfect phone. I'm very excited!
5. asingha94 (Posts: 295; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
awesome!!awesome!!!sure it will be in my pocket & will be my next lg!!!yay
6. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
It will be a big win for LG if they got some sort of exclusive on the 805.
As it stands now, it is hard for me to believe that Samsung and HTC would launch phones using the 801 if the 805 was going to be available two months later. So I am guessing the G3 will ship with the 801. And will be pleasantly surprised if it shows up with an 805 :)
15. Noble_One (Posts: 60; Member since: 18 Aug 2012)
LG always launches with Qualcomm's latest first though so this is more than likely true. Particularly after q comm said a phone would launch in may with the 805. There are no other choices for a big launch since, as you mentioned, HTC and Samsung already released flagship devices.
19. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I hope LG has landed the 805 for the G3. If the G2 had buttons on the side instead of the back, I probably would have bought it instead of the Note 3. It seems that LG has done a good job with the the G3, but again it is only the buttons on the back that hold me back. That and having some confidence that the new model can be rooted. Big brand phones are getting more and more locked down. I would even pay more for the G3 than the OnePlus One as the OPO has a lot of software bugs from what I hear.
7. Miracles (Posts: 560; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
Excited.....but Im worried about pricing...looking at those specs....my wallet's gonna cry.
I'll gonna call it now....release price will be 700+
35. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Don't worry about pricing. I bet this phone could hit $100 on contract after 3 days. I've seen it too many times before. Only iPhones tend to stay high after a few months. Not saying that the phone will be bad but because there are so many nice options you need price to entice people to buy as well.
9. FriendsOfSamsung (unregistered)
No matter how desperate LG keep on leaking, it's still LG, bad reputation company because of build quality issue, software update issue, and customer service issue, and so forth
People would definitely run away when they see LG logo on it