LG G3 sells 100,000 units in Korea after just five days
0. phoneArena 05 Jun 2014, 10:46 posted on
While the LG G3 has yet to be released world-wide, it is available for purchase in LG's home country of South Korea. After five days, the company has sold 100,000 units of the flagship model. While we have never won a math contest, we can easily compute that this works out to 20,000 units sold a day. And that is more than twice the number of LG G2 units that the manufacturer sold in Korea immediately after the device launched last year...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Jinto (Posts: 436; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
No wonder, it's the best choice out there right now.
30. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 399; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
The trailer and the renders are deceptive. They give you the false impression that the phone is actually made of metal. I don't have anything against plastic phones but I don't like 'wannabe' phones.
40. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2071; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
The phone is ACTUALLY made of metal. Read tech news.
53. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 399; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Ofcourse a very thin sheet of metal inside the plastic cover :-/
54. vijaysivakula (Posts: 223; Member since: 17 Aug 2011)
Am sure you can find third party vendor who would make a cover with a kilo of steel.
59. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Samsung's ass will be under fire... now they will realize the draw back of designing an ugly phone... I think its a time now for the world to come out of two companies dominance i.e. apple & samsung
65. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
We will see when it will come, lets talk about present at the moment
2. refillable (Posts: 1045; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Great job... They have stepped up their game quite well recently.
31. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 399; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
No SD 805! I wish they released this later with it.
34. wargreymon (Posts: 672; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
So what if SD805 wont come in reasonable time or the sacrifice with having a seperate modem is so great the battery life sucks? SD810 is where the real boost is, and better they launch G3 now and G4 with SD810.
55. refillable (Posts: 1045; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
I know it's disappointing, but it's not LG's fault, it's Qualcomm fault. If LG would wait till the SD805 supply comes out, LG is surely going to lose some chunk of sales.
3. lee480 (Posts: 197; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
All those flash sales are not representative of final tally.
4. fouadqr (Posts: 326; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
Big ugly phone,with outdated 13 MP and nothing new ..S5 prime 4 the win ..
5. Jinto (Posts: 436; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
I wouldn't call the s5 prime pretty, and the g3 is amazing. Is QHD on a phone not new, and the battery optimization of the battery is awesome. The thin bezels make it less cumbersome. The camera has a laser autofocus (where else do you see that?).
10. HASHTAG (unregistered)
Since when is 13 MP considered outdated?
11. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Its not correct to call 13MP outdated bit the G3 camera is not as good as it could be. Every other flagship besides the M8 has a better camera. The G3 camera is near identical to the G3.
16. refillable (Posts: 1045; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
There is yet any review, so your statement has no single proof to back up. A better AF, consistency and I.Stabilization will definitely give a better camera package than sheer IQ. Sure the sensor is still a Sony BSI 1/3", but before the reviews says something, You can't tell anything for sure.
43. MichaelA (Posts: 18; Member since: 14 May 2014)
Actually there's a full review on theverge.com - and they say it's a solid camera on par with all the other flagships.
47. Noble_One (Posts: 60; Member since: 18 Aug 2012)
THIS. It actually says the photos with good lighting are comparable but the g3 destroys the s5 in low light.
56. refillable (Posts: 1045; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Oops, Boy, I missed it. Thanks for reminding me!
28. district11 (Posts: 125; Member since: 17 Apr 2011)
Camera quality is bad. You can have 10 laser beams and its still a bad camera.
12. DBounce (Posts: 144; Member since: 26 Apr 2014)
Sonys new AS7 $2500 camera is only 12.2mp. Go figure that.
19. refillable (Posts: 1045; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Honestly a good niche camera if with internal 4K recording. For me the RX1003 is a better package overall.
15. LGisgood (Posts: 833; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
G3's 13mp with laser auto focus+Optical Image Stabilizer + Dual Flash + f/2.0 Apeture is by far better than any other 13mp camera on the market.
so its not outdated!
LG G3 IS ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SMARTPHONE AVAILABLE ON THE MARKET!
ONLY HATER LIKE YOU IS THE UGLY!
18. refillable (Posts: 1045; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Why didn't you fight with Sar44 as I command you to?
24. cncrim (Posts: 796; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Samfan talking, base on what u make that claim
26. catt4u (Posts: 144; Member since: 09 Jul 2011)
So you've already seen a S5 prime in real life and read the reviews?
Please put a link from the reviews here so we can all read them.
29. latido (Posts: 45; Member since: 31 May 2012)
s5 prime win with lag touchwiz features.. hehe
33. district11 (Posts: 125; Member since: 17 Apr 2011)
So you never owned samsung galaxy 5 or 4 ?? My s4 does not lag. It lagged 2 times in one year. Dont know if lg can compete with that.
37. latido (Posts: 45; Member since: 31 May 2012)
not one or two.. it lag everytimes bro, when u try to open phone dialler or contact it will show u the problem.The flagship should not have problem like that..it not acceptable! and I believe they not fix it until now or in the future. ^_^.
41. district11 (Posts: 125; Member since: 17 Apr 2011)
Just checked if you are right. But i must say you are wrong again. You have some biased opinion.
46. latido (Posts: 45; Member since: 31 May 2012)
Sorry, I dunno I biased or not! From my experience, yes it lags.. FYI, They keep cheating on customer like u with flagship things but their product like a garbage. See what happen to z2 owner with overheating problem. U think they (z2 owner) will happy with that. Unless u rich, maybe you will be happy..hehe
44. Sauce (unregistered)
You can have a 100000 MP camera with the worst software and a 13mp camera with good software will take a massive sh*t on it.
Why do people judge cameras by their MP count? Either you're a silly Nokia fanboy, or uneducated…or both.
45. marcski07 (Posts: 598; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
"Big ugly phone"
that's what they said with your s5 and s5 prime / galaxy F. :)
6. ajac09 (Posts: 1481; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Gs5 going to murder it. g3 is better in all categories like the g2 was against the gs4 and still people will choose what they prefer becasue LG lacks one thing: A strong marketing arm.
14. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
The G3 is not better than the S5 in every way... Almost all the specs are equal and the camera is much better on the S5.
20. LGisgood (Posts: 833; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
DIDN'T ANYONE INFORM YOU?
SAMSUNG ARE NOW VERY BUSY IN MAKING "S5 Prime" to COMPETE FOR G3!
Samsung Team Know LG G3 BEATS S5 in ALMOST EVERY AREA!
21. LGisgood (Posts: 833; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
DIDN'T ANYONE INFORM YOU?
SAMSUNG ARE NOW VERY BUSY IN MAKING "S5 Prime" to COMPETE FOR G3!
Samsung Team Knew that LG G3 BEATS S5 in ALMOST EVERY AREA including Camera department.
so they have to produce another S5 Prime with OIS on the camera.
7. take1sub (Posts: 15; Member since: 24 Jan 2014)
No wonder, because they push rebates a lot. Even 0 Won with 2-year contract has appered just before the launch.
13. BobbyDigital (Posts: 1837; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Good for LG! Can't wait to get this sexy beast!
35. Desmortibus (Posts: 66; Member since: 04 Apr 2014)
Korea is a very unique and very different country... The tech culture over there has nothing in common with what we can find in the US or in Europe. I am glad for LG because it deserves this kind of success but I am not sure this will be replicated in the Western world (not with this magnitude anyway).
36. galanoth (Posts: 425; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
Galaxy S5 took 25 days to hit 10 million.
LG G3 is 100k in 5 days.
Unless the G3 gets explosive growth in the next 20 days.
The G3 will be at 500k at 25 days.
That's 20 to 1 in favor of Samsung.
38. Desmortibus (Posts: 66; Member since: 04 Apr 2014)
Samsung had a worldwide release of the Galaxy S5. The numbers here are for Korea only.
39. Desmortibus (Posts: 66; Member since: 04 Apr 2014)
But if you love your Samsung Galaxy S5, you have the right to do so. I love mine too but it didn't keep me from ordering a LG G3 (32GB of course...) through Amazon.de and I am planning to use them both.......
67. richardar6 (Posts: 6; Member since: 19 Apr 2014)
Dude- mad respect for you. You're obviously enlightened and unbiased. Would love hear your take when you have both in hand.
42. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1992; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
lg really did a great job,better luck next time s5.
48. Zenzui (Posts: 114; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
I hope there would be a Nexus version of this or Google edition of the G3!! Great job LG! I'm loving my company phone G2 everyday! Can't wait to get this one for my personal one.
49. robert26101 (Posts: 106; Member since: 21 Mar 2014)
The G3 will not have the same success in the US. I will bet you any thing this time next year all you people bashing the GS5 we I'll be eating your words when the GS5 sells way more then the G3 worldwide.
50. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
I just want one thing answered LG, When are you releasing this beauty in the US??
51. FingerMyApple (unregistered)
really enjoy watching fandroid fighting each other just because of a number of sales figure. their insecurity behaviour has reach beyond the max where they try to make sure other whorshipper doesnt exist. declare war just over a phone that has lifespan less than a year. how about focus your graduation target and get a better job instead of whorshipping and bashing each other over a phone?