LG G3 pictured in the wild, back and front sides exposed
0. phoneArena 01 May 2014, 23:54 posted on
It was bound to happen sooner or later – the rumored and highly-anticipated smartphone known as the LG G3 has finally been leaked on the internet in a set of clear, high-res pictures. These come straight from a Korean website and expose the device's front, back, and bottom sides...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
7. Tizen007 (Posts: 500; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
side bezel extinction + good color match (premium looking) + angled sides = simple + elegant
22. maherk (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
It reminds me of the HTC one X. The front is sleek, the back is meh.
26. Tizen007 (Posts: 500; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Yeah I was hoping they use the matte plastic applied on the nexus 5. But these are bad angle views so the back might have a better look :P
37. steedsofwar (Posts: 258; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)
The LG G2 in red or gold is non reflective non glossy plastic. Not soft touch like the black N5 though, but better than this glossy mess.
Plus, why is the shape not symmetrical? It seems off balance. Sony, Apple and even Google produce very uniform designs. HTCs dual camera and front grills break the uniformity of the device.
Anyways, why is there ZERO branding on the back (which is a good thing but unlikely)? May be a dummy concept model of the actual G3?
54. Commentator (Posts: 2330; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I'm more concerned that they moved the speaker from the side to the back of the device.
10. Luuthian (Posts: 205; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
As long as it comes in black I'm game... Have to wait to see what Apple brings to the table before I buy my smart phone this year.
21. Tizen007 (Posts: 500; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
If you're gonna wait for the iPhone 6 you might as well wait to see what the Galaxy Note 4 brings too.
36. Ashoaib (Posts: 1331; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Sounds like GL is going to make apple and samsung run for their money... looking forward for tough competition ahead
43. madmikepr (Posts: 97; Member since: 09 Aug 2011)
wow look out that bezel...
thats right xD Lol
2. FriendsOfSamsung (unregistered)
Ugly enough said
3. Tizen007 (Posts: 500; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
I'm a Sammy fanboy but I think this looks better than my GS5
8. Sauce (unregistered)
IDK….I'd go with the Back of GS5, and Front of this, and slap them together.
Screw what the haters say. The back of the GS5 looks real nice.
20. Tizen007 (Posts: 500; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
S5's back does not look like a band aid. I can't believe we're still arguing about this. If you really saw the GS5 in real life you can't possibly come to the conclusion that it's ugly. But I really do like G3's simplistic design.
23. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5203; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
It's personal opinion. Tbh, the S5 in gold color do look like a band aid imo. But still, the S5 feels way better than the older Galaxy flagships with glossy plastic.
15. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5203; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
There's nothing wrong with being a fanboy, as long as you're not ignorant or pathetic like the dude above you then it's okay. Anyone can be a fanboy, but a pathetic fanboy (like the dude above you) will be looked down as a loser and criticized by everyone.
FriendsOfSamsung is indeed a loser. Enough said.
56. DRO_ID (Posts: 28; Member since: 20 Feb 2014)
Everything looks better than what Samsung brings to the table.
63. McLTE (Posts: 640; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I've handled this phone (G2). I just can't like the power and volum buttons on the back. I tried.. and tried.. but can't.
Lack of physical buttons or capacitive below the screen is a big fail as well. After having the Nexus, I will never support on screen buttons. Takes up my valuable screen!
As for the S5.. sure it looks like a band-aid in gold color. Who would buy gold??? ISH. Take any design and it looks like something familiar these days. Have you handled the S5? It feels pretty good in the hand. The back lost it's glossy, slick, fingerprint magnetic finish.. I'm glad Sammy changed from the faux leather to the band-aid finish.
38. steedsofwar (Posts: 258; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)
Agreed, I think it is ugly too. The display however with UHD and no side bezel is a different beast altogether.
4. Anshulonweb (Posts: 298; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
looks good and soooo much better than Samsung s5.......
50. 3rdDegree (Posts: 171; Member since: 13 Jul 2013)
I swear that is just a case! It should Have LG or carrier branding on it, ESPECIALLY since it is in Korea.
14. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3071; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Wait for lgisgood's explaination. Lol.btw still a month to go maybe this will break m8's record of most leaked phone.
17. KillerKeyboard (Posts: 307; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
That's what I was thinking when I'm reading this article lol. Though I haven't seen him lately.
49. shuaibhere (Posts: 1297; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
May be the reason is lg has invited for a press meet in may 27...he said G3 will be announced on may 17...
32. azers07 (Posts: 27; Member since: 17 Aug 2013)
M8 had been in production for 2 months before announcement. So it is not the same))
19. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3071; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Me too! looks great. Good to see something different than run-of-the-mill soap bars.
18. refillable (Posts: 593; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
No USB 3.0? Hmm they're behind Samsung and I don't like that.
24. limporgyuk (Posts: 137; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
To all the M8 haters - Look at that black band with the LG logo on, it isn't it terrible
25. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5203; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Just like the "gold colored phones - hot or not?", it depends on the design of the phone. This is also the same answer. So, that black band with the LG logo looks nice, it just matches the design, but the one on the HTC One M8 looks kinda useless and just...there, it doesn't match the design.
But, it also depends on personal taste though.
28. Tizen007 (Posts: 500; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
I wish they move the logo on the back and keep the front simple.
30. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5203; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Some people including me prefer phones with logo on the front not just on the back, because it shows the brand name and looks nicer (and you won't get questions like "What phone is that?").
66. hurrycanger (Posts: 959; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
You will, because the LG logo doesn't tell people what phone it is. XD
27. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3071; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
A lot smaller bezels than m8. Face it.
34. Taters (Posts: 2661; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Clueless HTC fanboy ignorance. That LG logo has no place to go, meaning there is nothing under it.
Suck t c could have put like 50 HTC logos on that bottom bezel meaning it is a pure waste of space. With this you can put one lg logo tops in that space and the logo balances out the ear piece on the top bezel.
53. limporgyuk (Posts: 137; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
My ignorance??, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. All displays come with a black band at the bottom and it's up to the OEM's how to hide it within the phones chasis. Trust me I have been a design engineer for 10 years and every design feature within a phone is there for a reason. You honestly think there's nothing behind the black band on the M8???
62. Taters (Posts: 2661; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Lol okay in layman terms even HTC fans can understand.
The top and bottom bezels on this phone are perfectly symmetrical. In fact, that bezel looks so small that you can barely put the LG logo there.
While your beloved suck t c phone bottom bezel is twice as big as the the top bezel due to that logo and pure incompetence of space usage.
Even if there is something behind the black band it's quite useless and could have been more compact. Case in point, this phone is basically all screen. Even if their old phone,the G2, had boom sound speakers, it would still be shorter than the M8 with a 5.2 inch screen. The M8 is only 5 inches.
So therefore, HTC has some bad engineers. You wouldn't happen to be one of them would you? That would explain why they suck. Setting the bar so low that a big fat HTC logo and a useless depth camera is acceptable even when you have speakers that are already taking too much space.
40. steedsofwar (Posts: 258; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)
I own the LG G2 gold edition, and I agree, logos on the front are a turn off. Pure plain black face ala nexus is the way to go. Also, couple of my friends commented that on first glance they were thrown to look harder to tell which is side is up when looking at the front of the G2.
Lastly, LG's logo is kind of silly in using the circle logo as well as the letters LG next to it. It would have been a better design decision to just use the circle emblem or just the letters LG, instead of both.
29. tobely2000 (Posts: 2; Member since: 24 Apr 2013)
Looks Great but i didn't like the backside speaker
and why lg make it gloosy. The gloosy is looking cheap
33. zachattack (Posts: 541; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
So much haterade going on. That looks pretty hot look at that screen DAYUM. Though to be honest i grow bored of LG's UI.
Edit: IS THAT A SPEAKER ON THE BACK, auto fail and i will not buy this phone. I hate samsung and i would pick a note 3 over this. Props to LG for ya know going strong but this phone is probably going to fail with a 3200 battery and 4k display with the damn speaker on the back of the phone which is a rookie samsung mistake
35. silver (Posts: 19; Member since: 02 Aug 2012)
but why there is only 1 speaker on the back?
I would like to see stereo speaker
41. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 927; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
iphone 6 might just come out beautiful than this..
42. iTechies (Posts: 81; Member since: 28 Dec 2013)
with that design, i prefer that G2's design is still better.
44. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2523; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
LG is slowly becoming less stupid. The "Buttons on Back" are done a bit differently if this phone is real. Seems they are recessed and slightly farther away from the camera. Stil, "BoB" is a fail. Bezel fetishists may disagree with me, but most of us do not need micro-bezels to use a phone. And buttons on the side are nicer to use in many, if not most, use cases.
45. axislova (Posts: 6; Member since: 30 Apr 2014)
When any manufaturer will come up with something better design than Sony or HTC?
47. FoneAddict (Posts: 196; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Please not shiny glossy cheap looking plastic again!
48. _Aaron_ (Posts: 6; Member since: 30 Apr 2014)
USB port with no flap?
This is not going to be a waterproof phone: a big let down for me.
52. Nabil2511 (Posts: 148; Member since: 27 Jan 2014)
one sh*tty thing - still glossy plastic..
55. tkvdog (Posts: 46; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
And another plastic build & slippery back 7 pass.