LG G3 UI images leak, seemingly confirm the smartphone's Quad HD (1440 x 2560) resolution
0. phoneArena 22 Apr 2014, 13:05 posted on
The new LG G3 might be announced in May or June, and it looks like we can already take a peek at its refreshed UI...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
14. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Too beige and turquoise color scheme, I'd say.
45. Sauce (unregistered)
Can't you always customize it? Why the complaint?
22. sgtdisturbed47 (Posts: 393; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Good thing we can change the UI theme.
27. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
that's the beauty of the Android :D
I don't mind the UI too much and I think I like it better than what they used to be. However, still not the best looking UI out there in my opinion.
31. akki20892 (Posts: 3900; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Now it looks way better than current ui. Good job lg. Icon has been change its good part.
35. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Did I see ios7 calculator and calendar icons there???
I smell a lawsuit by apple against LG...
37. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Wait wait...the whole notification bar looks like it is taken from ios7...notifcation toggeles look exactly like the one in control centre...and overall transparent, glossy look...and calculator , calendar icons looks same....
48. Carlitos (Posts: 496; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Transparent notifications has been in android since the 2.3 Gingerbread days. At least in Motorola's UI.
However, these icons do look exactly the same as io7.
73. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Well , transparent notification bar is in android four years now..but ios 7 has transparent plus a glossy look...
53. eli577 (Posts: 84; Member since: 29 Jun 2010)
Wow, that's interesting. I always thought that Apple stole the whole notification bar system from the Andriod OS in the first place.
74. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Yup...you're right apple stole the idea of notification bar from android...buy they din copy looks of it...and they implement differently in ios7...
57. ErenJaeger (Posts: 119; Member since: 22 Apr 2014)
It's funny how girls can be less picky about colors than some people here. If you want a "pretty" phone then glue some rhinestones on your phone. Problem solved.
18. hassoups (Posts: 471; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
Ripping off touchwiz didn't work out for them, now they're trying to rip off ios7 and boy does this look 100x worse.
25. robcar (Posts: 109; Member since: 18 Jan 2011)
It's not even close iOS7 and that's a good thing for LG.
Maybe some elements from Touchwiz but you don't know what "ripping off" means.
28. hassoups (Posts: 471; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
The thin icons in the notification toggles and the color scheme. Also the video and calendar app icons are identical. this is just from 1 screenshot, wait for the others buddy.
30. maherk (Posts: 3370; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
well they still managed to rip off the notification center of the new touchwiz, I wouldn't be surprised if once again they also copied the settings menu from Samsung.
4. datphoneguy (Posts: 154; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
Looks good, though seems somewhat similar to Touchwiz. Hmmm...
66. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
but so many missing feautres,,,,, what good is that?
85. hurrycanger (Posts: 1553; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Some people would say it's good because it's not from Samsung. :)
6. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
LGs home button, the house, has eaves troughs compared to my N5s.
7. jellmoo (Posts: 1464; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
Pick. An. Icon. Style. Either go flat, or go shaded. Either simple, or detailed. There is such a mishmash of styles in a small handful of icons it borders on ridiculous.
16. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 2089; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
My S5 suffers from the same poor icon design, and even adds different shapes to the mishmash.
8. lakshman5060 (Posts: 3; Member since: 22 Apr 2014)
I'm planning to buy a new mobile on may month in India
Which is the best phone can anyone please say
Best working speed I needed and resolution
Is lg g3 gud guys what would I buy ?
13. rihel_95 (Posts: 301; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
by may i am sure lg g3 wont release or arrive in india. without budget info no one can suggest any phone. and though u need best working speed phone, india has damn low data speeds. and resolution isn't all.
ps-i am indian airtel user.
38. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
If you're no short of money go for s5...if not g2 will do...
10. magnanimus (Posts: 516; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Thank God the horrible menu button is gone. And its possible to toogle off the volume and brightness sliders
41. true1984 (Posts: 822; Member since: 23 May 2012)
you do know you can customize the soft buttons right? so you can easily change it to a multitasking button
83. magnanimus (Posts: 516; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
There is no multitask button, I've checked over and over
11. bkzebraphone (Posts: 37; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
Looks like a mix of the current touchwiz and sense 6.
12. cR203 (Posts: 199; Member since: 27 Jan 2013)
I actually like this new ui. Its a lot better than their current ui.
15. shead202 (Posts: 50; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
The notification bar looks a bit like iOS 7
Can't wait for people to say how LG is ripping off Apple because that's how iFans are
39. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I'm not a apple fan...but still notification bar is complete rip off ios7...
17. npaladin2000 (Posts: 165; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
As long as we can dump the QSlide bar. I never ever use QSlide.
19. adwienc (Posts: 136; Member since: 26 Mar 2014)
I really like LG phones but than Touchwiz rip off is just pathetic, what LG is doing all the time is waiting for Sammy to release flagship and then copy most features. This isn't good.
23. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Nice. But I still don't like cartoony UI's. They can be flat, but not cartoony plz.
26. FriendsOfSamsung (unregistered)
Dull and boring, nothing special
32. droid_does_more (banned) (Posts: 29; Member since: 25 Jan 2010)
I like it. Kind of a minimalist look to it. I think it looks great.
It also kills me every time I see someone saying LG is ripping off Sammy when Sammy is ripping off everyone else. Samsung's own CEO even admitted to Samsung blatantly copying the competition then trying to one up them. They use the exact same strategy with their TV's and home appliances.
44. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Where did he say that? Can you paste the reference here? Let me see as well
52. droid_does_more (banned) (Posts: 29; Member since: 25 Jan 2010)
Sure will. Searching for it now.
72. droid_does_more (banned) (Posts: 29; Member since: 25 Jan 2010)
Sorry. Unlike some of you, my life doesn't revolve around PA commenting. So you're just going to have to wait. Or don't. I don't care.
49. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3103; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Samsung copies everyone? Please tell me where all these 5+ inch smartphones were before Samsung released the Samsung Galaxy Note. Please tell me where all these smartwatches were before Samsung started releasing them. No I'm not saying they were the first, but they made it popular and everyone else followed them.
51. droid_does_more (banned) (Posts: 29; Member since: 25 Jan 2010)
Pebble's smartwatch was out before Samsung's. Long before. Samsung may have pioneered the Phablet category, I'll give them that, but they copied Sony and LG in televisions down to the remote controls. Then used their scale to flood the market and become the market leader.
33. zachattack (Posts: 621; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
Still looks better than touch wiz. Though I'd prefer a design leak I'm tired of them using that ugly ass Chinese phone for the reference
40. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
It is UI (User interface)
42. HTCOE (Posts: 632; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
47. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Sad to announce (sarcasm) but you just made a fool of your self because your comment #34 "wtf is this lol" doesn't fit with description of sarcasm. ;)