LG G3 QuickCircle Case officially announced, will bring Smart Lighting to the smartphone
The new accessory comes with what LG is calling “Smart Lighting”. This “emits a soft, white, circular glow inside the window whenever the case is opened/closed or a call/text message is received.” Moreover, the case supports wireless charging. LG will offer the QuickCircle Case in five color variants: Silk White, Metallic Black, Shine Gold, Indian Pink, and Aqua Mint (you can see them below). Pricing details haven’t been revealed.
Earlier today, we informed you about the (apparently official) specs of the LG G3, which include a 5.5-inch Quad HD display, 13MP rear camera, quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor, and 3GB of RAM.
Update: Here's an official promo video showing off the QuickCircle Case, and a bit of the G3 (the whole idea seems pretty awesome to us):
1. sriuslywtf (Posts: 278; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
why is it the accessories are ahead of announcement?
8. AwesomestMaximuss (Posts: 123; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Does exactly the same things that Samsung's S view cover does..
26. wargreymon (Posts: 182; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
Did you know LG released a smart window pouch before Samsung released S-View? Might wanna stop accusing companies of copying.
24. dickwyn (Posts: 601; Member since: 07 May 2012)
cause there has been too many leaks about it, same thing happened last year with the LG G2
2. Tizen007 (Posts: 522; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Are the pre-announcements a strategy of LG or have they just given up on protecting their new flagship product before release?
4. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3752; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Because every case needs an extra corporate logo or two.
5. daveydog (Posts: 28; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
They gotta be releasing it on the 27th, otherwise why bother with a release announcement... We already know everything about the phone. Htc did it, I think lg will too...
6. galanoth (Posts: 342; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
Who was the first to release these kind of window case covers?
7. MrOCD (unregistered)
I think Samsung with the S4 but I'm not sure so don't quote me on that.
21. Adithya7184 (Posts: 317; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
i agree. after samsung with s4, lg launched same kind of view covers with G2.
27. wargreymon (Posts: 182; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
LG, they released a smart window pouch about a year before Samsung.
30. a961009 (Posts: 116; Member since: 04 Aug 2011)
Here you are
Spectrum 2 was announced on 2012, October
and Galaxy S4 was announced on 2013, March
10. techloverNYC (Posts: 422; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
Does the case offer any protection at all to the phone?
13. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3752; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
From scuffs perhaps, but not for drops. It's basically a fashion accessory that also provides a bit of privacy for your screen.
25. amasog (Posts: 157; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
be prepared for the dusty circle on your g3's screen!
11. Zylam (Posts: 107; Member since: 20 Oct 2010)
LG did this last year, they announced the G2 cases before the G2 event. It's good they don't care about leaks and stuff and have the launch event as a formality to honour a new flagship, shows they are proud of their phones even if they leak.
12. gaara6775 (Posts: 517; Member since: 20 May 2014)
dot view case looks sick . let's see how this turns out to be.
16. fzacek (Posts: 2232; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Hopefully it has a stronger magnet this time...
17. Taters (Posts: 3600; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Instead of the circle they should just mock Apple and HTC. Make a 4 inch window that allows you to do everything an iPhone 5s can do when the cover is closed. Then make a 4.7 inch case that can do everything an iPhone 6 can do. Then make a 5 inch window case with dual stereo speakers that can do whatever the M8 can do.
Then advertise that you don't get the full 5.5 inch glory and all the great features until you open the cover.
They should have a fully functional 4 inch window for the whiners that say 5.5 is too big for one handed use.
I dunno why they use the 2 inch diagonal circle. Just mock Apple by Making it the same shape and size window as the iPhone 5s screen and make the LG skin fully functional in that window
22. sriuslywtf (Posts: 278; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Sir, Do you want to start a fanboy war? Cause that's how you start a fanboy war.
19. chadful33 (Posts: 11; Member since: 20 Apr 2011)
That really sucks wireless charging is not a standard feature..
20. gaara6775 (Posts: 517; Member since: 20 May 2014)
Because it doesn't make much difference. We keep phone on the dock or connect to a charger,it's simple either way. But,if I can hold/use my phone anywhere in my house n it also charges at the same time then I would consider it as a very useful feature.
23. dmakun (Posts: 223; Member since: 06 Jun 2011)
⬆Thank you! Never understood this whole 'wireless charging' bullsh#t! How is it wireless charging when you can't pick it up? The most stupid innovation in the last 5 years IMHO.
29. abhishek88j (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 May 2014)
this circualr window is just a gimmic for developers to make use of the screen and then later lg will be coming out with a circular smartwatch just like the moto 360. as lg will will already have every app compatible with the circular screen, its going to be a win win for lg