LG G3 'Prime' with Snapdragon 805 and LTE-A tipped for a July 25th announcement
0. phoneArena 21 Jul 2014, 07:38 posted on
According to South Korean Naver, the LG G3 'Prime" is closer than we initially thought, and is due for release in just a few days from now -- on July 25th. The G3 Prime will be a direct competitor to Samsung's Galaxy S5 LTE-A, and will, similarly, offer Category 6 LTE-Advanced speeds of up to 225 Mbps...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4628; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Sweet. I love that EVERYONE seems to be making these "Prime" phones.
3. refillable (Posts: 831; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Which is probably because SONY started this crap :). Well not exactly crap, but they started it anyway.
5. Busyboy (unregistered)
How did they start it?
7. refillable (Posts: 831; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Xperia Z, Z1 and Z2 were released within a bit more than a year.
8. RuiBacelar (Posts: 152; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
Yeah, I'd like to know as well.
Sony doesnt release a mediocre phone and then a true flagship.
They simply do One, a premium one. Not a quazilion Galaxy's or G's.
2. tech2 (Posts: 2899; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Just fix that god awful 2k display first before jumping into the spec war like always !
9. hung2900 (Posts: 872; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Over-sharpening: eyes exhasted when reading text
Mediocre sunlight visibility
Mediocre viewing angle
Mediocre color accuracy
12. Freecableguy (Posts: 37; Member since: 21 Jul 2014)
Still better than ugly ass / laggy S5 with band aid design, thicker bezels and its oversaturated and overhyped display. M8 / G3 anyday over that crap.
13. hung2900 (Posts: 872; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
We're talking about LG G3's display, aren't we?
Hopefully you're not ID to understand it.
14. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9723; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Too bad the S5 is the display to beat. Just take some time and let that sink in.
16. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Nope, I'd still rather take the standard s5 than another 'look at me' brand like LG that just shout with very little bark. Had a play with the G3 at carphone warehouse, feels horrible with the horrid lg logo, looks horrid and as if trying too hard to stand out, heck, even the z2 was more exciting. Noticed some noticeable lag on the home screen and lacks any of the fluidity you'd associate with an Apple/stock android /Sony or HTC and I personally prefer the feel of Samsung' phones over LG.
18. 3rdDegree (Posts: 198; Member since: 13 Jul 2013)
Well you have really girly eyes then. Man up. And you can somewhat fix the over sharpening issue by adjusting the colour calibration of the screen in the settings menu.
10. thunder18 (Posts: 117; Member since: 06 Aug 2009)
I agree. I came from a phone 2 generations back, the LG Optimus G. From my experience, I can tell you the display on the LG G3 is definitely an upgrade. However, If I was upgrading every year and had come from the LG G2, then the screen may have felt more like a lateral move. The problem then is that the G2 does not have the G3s removable battery or microSD card slot, so for most, it is still a quantifiable upgrade.
21. nottolate (Posts: 21; Member since: 01 Jun 2014)
I can't see them selling a G3 to a G2 owner at all. I flashed the G3 rom to my G2 then took the front bottons off and used pie. Camera upgrades, sound, everything, and compared screen size. Just not worth $600 for an almost lateral move. Best to wait for G4.
6. DocOc (Posts: 138; Member since: 23 Apr 2014)
if it's only being offered in S. Korea, who cares?
11. mc1191 (Posts: 37; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
yea because 50 million S. Koreans don't have any personal opinion and don't care about anything. /s
15. ikenvape (Posts: 107; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Yeah, until Sammy puts out the Galaxy F in the states, then LG would follow and give us the 805. I love the company but it seems they only follow Samsung.
17. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Between these two OEM an Sony, its a shambles of models half baked an sometimes delivered.
Its enough that I shall never consider their flagships for purchase.
Nexus till the end, then if I outlive them,
Beer cans an piano wire, then others.
19. mike2959 (Posts: 389; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
I also have had the G, G Pro, G2..I have both the G3 and the G Pro 2 (F350s), and I will say without a doubt that the G3 display IMO is inferior to the G Pro 2 and the G2. The colors are not as vibrant as the G2. As far as resolution of QHD. I ALMOST cannot tell a difference. Extremely zoomed imagines. Also the G Pro 2 and G2 feel snappier.