LG G3 Beat / G3 s officially announced, will be launched this month
0. phoneArena 16 Jul 2014, 21:51 posted on
The mini version of LG's G3 will be available starting this month for an "attractive price." LG didn't say if the handset will be released in the US...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Nothing can come close to the Z1 mini
24. dratomic (Posts: 483; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
is there any difference between z1c and z1 mini?
29. techperson211 (Posts: 1101; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
They could have at least use s4pro or s600. The so called mini continues , compromising specs unlike z1c the true mini without any downgrade only the screen size. Good luck LG in your mini.
45. gehrig (Posts: 295; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
There is no Z1 mini, the dude is just using the wrong name for the Z1 compact.
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10309; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Pretty much. I have yet to see a phone (besides the 5S) match or exceed the Z1C.
21. apple4never (Posts: 1060; Member since: 08 May 2013)
the 5s isn't a variant of a bigger iPhone so of course it will have all of apples goodies in it, the z1 compact is its smaller in size version of the flagship and OEM's usually skimp on the hardware and bc of this the z1 c is in a league of its own
25. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10309; Member since: 14 May 2012)
In terms of specs and size, iPhone 5S matches the Z1C.
28. techperson211 (Posts: 1101; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Z1 compact still rules!!! 5s is a great device but in terms of functionality camera ruggedness and not to mention the price difference z1c still wins.
44. Busyboy (unregistered)
"In terms of specs and size, iPhone 5S matches the Z1C."
Why do you think that? The Z1C has a larger battery and display, expandable memory, waterproof body and a much larger camera sensor. Not to mention that extra gig of RAM. So its quite the contrary when you say "iPhone 5S matches the Z1C."
2. ashb22 (Posts: 18; Member since: 15 Jun 2012)
Very frustrating. I want flagship specs in a smaller design.
6. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
So does everyone, but only Sony understands and listens to its customers.
7. apple4never (Posts: 1060; Member since: 08 May 2013)
슴케팅=bust marketing, whatever that means
13. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
What does make you think I'm a Chinese?
I'm multilingual, covering five languages, and English being in the third place in proficiency.
16. Tizen007 (Posts: 575; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
슴케팅 is a marketing strategy where female models expose their breasts.
18. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
For a VERY long period of time, press images from LG were mostly about girls dressed/posed in a way that their busts are seriously exposed.
And thus, the comments section was flooded with comments about the girls, and hardly anything about the products the girls are holding in their hands.
LG recognized this, and the girls are very conseratively dressed in recent photos.
Good old days, maybe PA could write an article about this bust marketing.
20. Tizen007 (Posts: 575; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Maybe you should discuss that matter with a pornography website. If what you said is the case I would much rather see phones in PA than boobs.
23. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
It wasn't LG's official "strategy", but most probaly the studio master's personal preference.
It's not that the degree of the exposure was alarming, but the ridiculous consistency people were mocking on with comments.
And since it's a part of the progresses a relatively reknown vendor like LG did, why not?
PA must have many old press images.
11. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
What's disturbing you, if I may ask?
26. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10309; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Seeing your username, since you asked so politely.
30. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Ow, it hurts, heairng that from such a cute, wealthy girl like you, Smurfette.
27. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Update : The European (and probably US) version will come with 2GB RAM and 16GB storage, both doubled from the Korean version.
34. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Oops, the "foreign" version will be the same crap as the Korean one. :(
32. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
720p? Seriously LG? You could have at least put a 1080p panel in the Mini since its bigger brother has a QHD panel...
36. refillable (Posts: 834; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
All these minis are meh... If the F is really at 4.7", then it surely going to be pretty interesting. As of now, the Z1S is the king of minis.
37. hamidreza-1997 (Posts: 15; Member since: 14 Jul 2014)
I agree with some guys.As a mini its not as good as Z1 compact
but i can't get the goal of G3 beat! If it is a mini so why display is 5 Inches?
If it is a midrange phone so what are F and L seriess?
40. xche78x (Posts: 101; Member since: 11 Mar 2014)
Lg g3 beat is not a mini or a compact version. Its also not a mid range per se. It is however a cheaper edition of their flagship. They are doing such product because they believe there are cheap people who wants phones that bears the flagship name but only costs little. If lg price this lower than galaxy grand 2/xperia t3/xperia c3 then lg could steal some market share. But here in asia aside from very cheap china odm phones, LG is facing a stiff competition in the form of Asus zenfone 5 which can lure anyone with its nice mid range specs, great pixelmaster camera and tantalizing price of only $150 all in.
39. xche78x (Posts: 101; Member since: 11 Mar 2014)
People who says phone manufacturers should use s4 pro have no idea what they are talking about. Snapdragon 400 2nd generation is as powerful as s4 pro but uses way little energy. Both soc gets 20k+ antutu marks. Qualcomm also stopped making snapdragon 600 a long time ago, they are now focusing on releasing snapdragon 610 for the upper mid range segment market, planned to coincide android 5 64bit release. 610 will replace the current s400 and the upcoming 410 will replace the recently released s200 2nd gen. The 805 will be used in the 2nd half of this year but 2015 flagships will use the snapdragon 810.