LG G2 takes on the Galaxy S4 with user-inspired design and convenient QuickWindow case
0. phoneArena 15 Aug 2013, 06:07 posted on
LG has recently introduced its newest flagship smartphone, the LG G2, and we've got to admit - this phone is a real powerhouse with its gigantic, 5.2" 1080p screen, ultra-fast Snapdragon 800 processor and a really, really long feature list...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. zachattack (Posts: 590; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
well the G2 poops on the S4 so really it has nothing to fight at the moment
29. AnTuTu (Posts: 936; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
hahahahaha are you kidding me?
I have nothing against LG but you can see this phone resembles 90% S4's design, it resembles 70% TouchWiz in software side and it resembles 95% Samsung's Smart Cover. What a ridiculous comment you have just made lolz
32. zachattack (Posts: 590; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
Not my fault LG made a better touch wiz, and a better phone all together... umad?
33. MANGUELPR (Posts: 31; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
Who resemble who? you don't know shi/ about phones.
2. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 947; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
I am not really attracted to LG G2 Design
and it seems alot similar to GS4 design too...
but as a flagship phone LG G2 is pretty awesome.
design wise i choose Nokia,HTC,Sony,Apple etc
3. pwnarena (Posts: 958; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
that's a waste of power because lg's display is not amoled. all of the display is still firing up even if only a portion of it is used. they should've used amoled if they planned on doing something like this.
9. MANGUELPR (Posts: 31; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
I prefer to look at my Natural Colors IPS Display than look at a crappy over saturated with no natural colors and even had problems to bring up the Blue, Green and Yellow... maybe you didn't notice that the AMOLED loose colors with the use everyday beside the IPS Still Solid ever.
Anyway IPS right now its bringing more Visibility at Sunlight and had More Brights.
14. MCrapp (Posts: 312; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
And I prefer deep Black's without back light bleeding! Crappy over saturated colours? You can change that and choose move mode! But why? That's not TV!
18. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5493; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
So you like OLED because of "deep black", but you don't care about the rest colours?
19. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5493; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
OLED also says "bye!" because of OLED's short lifespan. :)
20. MCrapp (Posts: 312; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
I have that problem with Galaxy s2 but with my Note2 I don't see any "burn-in"
23. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5493; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
All OLED based displays may get "Burn-In" effect because of Organic Compounds used in making OLED, it doesn't matter what model is your phone. Same with short lifespan.
25. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 479; Member since: 11 May 2013)
So i think some people here are having their first look in tech world, is it your first time to have internet??
Cmon guys ddnt you know that galaxy s4's amoled got a lot of praise from display experts??
26. MCrapp (Posts: 312; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
They know that!But They don't like Samsung and Amoled Displays!
Ps.Im waiting for Oled TV with normal Price!
28. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5493; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I don't have anything against Samsung and talking about the OLED, I don't say that OLED is bad idea, I even believe that there is a big feature for similar technologies like OLED, but not for today while no one has improved organic compounds which are used in OLEDs.
27. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5493; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
And what experts says about OLED's "Burn-In" effect and short lifespan?
4. Kevinphantom (Posts: 82; Member since: 17 Jun 2013)
There is two things I don't like about g2
1st the bottoms are on the screen that makes it somehow boring and make the design uncomfortable .they should take out the lg logo and put some bottoms there
2nd. Amount of blotware that lg puts in g2 makes the snapdragon 800 act like snapdragon 600
5. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
First, if they take out the LG logo, how do people know which brand I'm using? Unlike iPhones and Nexuses, they are recognizable.
Second, those aren't bloatwares. Slide Aside let's you do multitasking, KnockOn let's you tap twice on the screen to wake it up, so on and so forth.
8. shuaibhere (Posts: 1657; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
but when samsung makes it.....it becames blotaware right????
10. MANGUELPR (Posts: 31; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
Samsung fanboy... 800 running like 600 omg didnt you see the scores on AnTuTu?
15. WindowsiDroid (Posts: 114; Member since: 22 Jul 2013)
But here in Philippines Nexus are not totally recognized except Samsung which you see it everywhere. I really hate Samsung because of making such weak smartphone like galaxy fame which you can even buy a midrange specs in such low price.
24. Jason2k13 (Posts: 657; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Stupid don't buy Samsung products then, Samsung is not forcing you to buy their products.
16. MCrapp (Posts: 312; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
And without SD slot you can have 8GB free space, but wait that Gold Star no Samsung,so that's no problem for Samsung Haters!
6. zachattack (Posts: 590; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
The button design is nothing short of awesome. No one can complain that their fingers are there whenever you hold the phone. Accidental pressing is the only argument you can make which is a bad argument. YES the design besides the button placement is nothing new, it's a smartphone. The only company that really changes things up is HTC.
The design still has a new feel to it. The battery saving technology is pretty sweet, matched with the more efficient S800. The features built into the LG are also useful and smart. I tip my hat to LG on this one.
It's a beautiful phone regardless of the original design. All phones have the same shape and usually are black.
7. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5493; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Talking about the commercial, length of the first LG G2 commercial trailer is 1 minute and 27 seconds, but actual product we can see only for ~ 8 seconds, for the rest of time they are just showing us beautiful things and playing a nice music, in other words creating emotional manipulation which is almost nohow related with actual product. It is the same as show us photo with a cute kitten and then show us photo with a phone and say "Look how cute is this kitten and now look there is a phone, now go and buy the phone.". I understand that it is marketing but in my opinion it is very banal and cheap trick! :)
13. Daftama (Posts: 573; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
I could of have sworn someone was using and iPhone in the 1st commercial lol
21. ChafedBanana (Posts: 360; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
You wouldn't need a window on a case if you just had a normal gel case. Flip open cases like this make phones uncomfortable to hold when they're flipped open. I think they're useful on bigger tablets but not phones.
22. ChafedBanana (Posts: 360; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Not to be constantly negative but the G2 commercial is one of the worst I've ever seen. Was there seriously a shot of a kid washing a laptop with dish soap? Now that's just bad parenting. What did any of that have to do with the G2. Kinda makes me NOT wanna get one.
31. mouhammed200 (Posts: 5; Member since: 08 Feb 2013)
LG G2: learning from you ....... Samsung XD
34. MANGUELPR (Posts: 31; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
Sure..... like in 2005 when LG was creating Smartphones and Samsung was build Woki tokie's.