LG G2 rumored to launch in Korea on August 20th; LG Nexus 5 is coming?
0. phoneArena 10 Jul 2013, 06:55 posted on
A published report on Wednesday out of Korea passed along some important information on the LG G2, including a launch date for the device in Korea;l the report also claims to have information about an LG Nexus 5. But first things first, let's discuss the launch date for the LG G2 in Korea. Earlier reports had the phone coming to market in Korea before the August 7th event that is supposed to unveil the device...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
these two devices will be turning point of LG
gud luk LG :)
2. papss (unregistered)
I'm a big fan of LG to be honest, I even prefer their UI to touchwiz and sense. What I do dislike is their screens having visible lines on the screen when they are off. These two phones sound beastly though.
4. tiara6918 (Posts: 1922; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
We're opposite, I like sense and touchwiz more than LG's Ui. As for the screen, it's one of the best I've seen so far and those lines don't really bother me
13. jove39 (Posts: 1498; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
LG's ui and sense are totally lag free...whereas touchwiz is crippled with lag!!!
17. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Yep I don't like the look of LG's UI, but I have to admit that it's a hell of a lot better than TouchWiz when it comes to lag!
3. tiara6918 (Posts: 1922; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Zero bezel? What will happen when you drop it on its corners?
5. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Maybe the G2 will have the Gorilla Glass 3.
7. tiara6918 (Posts: 1922; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
GG3 is tougher than the earlier generations but I don't think it's gonna be completely shatter proof. I think bezels are still necessary for a phone
10. tech2 (Posts: 3005; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
GG3 is not stronger than GG2 its more scratch resistant about 40% I think. And also they are negligibly thinner
11. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Isn't Gorilla Glass intended primarily for scratch resistance, not shatter resistance? Any glass screen will shatter if you drop it just right (or wrong).
14. pellegrini (Posts: 84; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
Sure, it's necessary. But I think they are talking about the bezel of the display not the bezel of the phone. Take the motorola razr m for example. It has a phone bezel but no display bezel (at least on the sides).
8. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4681; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
LG also has Flexible displays that are unbreakable. Maybe the bezel less phone will have those in them.
16. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
The ZeroGap technology fuses all the layers together, which is why during that Android website's drop tests, only LG's phone tended to be unresponsive to touches after bad cracking. The technology shaves off a mm or two as well as removing any gaps, making the screen look as if your finger is directly on the image.
I'm not sure if a flexible screen will provide any significant benefits if it's fused together. It's repairability is also questionable. Can it be un-fused if the glass cracks? We'll see.
6. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7035; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Love too see the NEXUS 5. With 5.0. Think I'll wait till OCT
12. Captain_TItties (Posts: 2; Member since: 02 Jul 2013)
I am so pumped for the Nexus 5. Can't wait!
9. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Glad to see LG is back on the competition. And god, the leaked picture of the G2 looks freakin' gorgeous! I'm looking forward to it!
15. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1096; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
The nexus 4 already has a perfect screen, lagless performance, and a good enough camera for a phone, all in a sexy glass body. Nexus 5 better really bring it.
18. galanoth (Posts: 395; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
The Nexus 4 screen is anything but perfect.
Had to use a custom kernel just to get good colors on my Nexus 4.
Went from an iPhone 4 to Nexus 4 and out of the box, the iPhone had a better screen.
19. papss (unregistered)
I feel the same.. I think my l920 wipes the floor with my N4 when it comes to the screen. I even hate the way the n4 screen powers down.