LG G2 mini unveiled with a 4.7" display and Tegra 4i CPU, release date is pegged for March
0. phoneArena 19 Feb 2014, 05:20 posted on
LG has been teasing us for a while that a scaled-down version of its G2 flagship is in the works, and today the G2 mini is finally official. Just like with Samsung's "mini" versions, LG's munchkin seems to capitalize on the popularity of its larger namesake, as the actual specs are nothing to really write home about...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. X.E.R.O. (unregistered)
Dang..I was hoping this would be a Z1 Compact contender. Oh well.
15. Planterz (Posts: 1406; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Yep. It's the only "mini" that lives up to its bigger brother's name.
17. X.E.R.O. (unregistered)
It's more of a Moto G contender.
28. tadaa (Posts: 267; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
heck the moto g even has an hd screen. i bet this thing won't be priced anywhere near the moto g's price
31. X.E.R.O. (unregistered)
And probably a smaller bloatware. But this has a bigger battery, slightly bigger screen, better cam, and expandable memory. For a lower mid-range, what's not to love?
45. tadaa (Posts: 267; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
this won't be in lower midrange. this will be midrange in terms of pricing all throughout. probably a tad more than the s4 mini
3. salaal (Posts: 109; Member since: 08 Dec 2013)
300$ for the tegra 4i 250$ for snapdragon 400?
4. mottykels (Posts: 372; Member since: 15 May 2013)
4.7 ? And lg call it lg g2 mini? How about g pro 2 mini a 5.4" display? Oh come on!
38. LGisgood (Posts: 596; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
LG G2 has 5.2" screen size
LG G2 mini has just 4.7" screen so YES ITS A MINI !
2008 your smartphone screen'size is about 3-3.5" !
now Smartphone'screen has even bigger than 5"
5. ScottSchneider (Posts: 324; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
WTF LG... 4.7 qHD, SD 400, 8MP...
U let Z1C take the Compact Crown...
6. kobainez (Posts: 312; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Mini that comes with 4.7 inch screen? HAHAHAH
7. surethom (Posts: 383; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
Low spec & ONLY 8gb, is pathetic NO phone should have les than 16GB of memory, this should have the same specs as the MASSIVE one. Also LG a 4.7" screen phone is not a mini, phone 4.3" to 4.5" is a mini phone.
8. mokhtar (Posts: 318; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
looks like bulls**t .. 4.7 i will go to htc one or z1 compact , iphone 5s
9. umerkhan (Posts: 19; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
Disapointment from LG..4.7 inch nd not even 720 it sucks..they should have included 1.5 GB ram as well atleast..
10. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3668; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
I wonder why all lg smartphone announcements are so pathetic
11. tango_charlie (Posts: 114; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
So the LG G2 Mini is basically a LG L90 with smaller battery?! LOL. The L90 has the same specs, but comes with a larger battery and will probably cost less than the Mini.
24. X.E.R.O. (unregistered)
They'll probably differ with the SoC.
12. Väliaikainen (unregistered)
I'm a bit dissapinted! I was hoping for much more from LG!
13. dontneedtoknow (Posts: 154; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
So if Lg announced G pro 2, the L series and G 2 mini, then what are they going to announce during MWC?
23. X.E.R.O. (unregistered)
Everything you just mentioned.
22. X.E.R.O. (unregistered)
Might as well go for the L9 II or something else.
16. Cyberchum (Posts: 394; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Don't know who'll buy this but surely people will buy it.
18. X.E.R.O. (unregistered)
If priced right, definitely.
19. pyradark (Posts: 796; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Budget people gonna buy this!! Z1 COMPACT still hold the crown
20. Edward_bly (Posts: 245; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
Kinda disappointed that LG is making this pointless product. My LG Optimus G (from 2012!) has better specs than this. You would think that they would at least have the snapdragon s4 pro in it or maybe even a 600. Truly this is a disappointment.
21. imMature (Posts: 87; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
This is a 'meh'-ni phone. They really should follow Sony by making small form factor flagships.
25. X.E.R.O. (unregistered)
This may have been designed long before the Z1 Compact, hence this.
27. tiara6918 (Posts: 1901; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Might as well get a optimus g/g pro or nexus 4 which price has already depreciated rather than to buy this g2 mini at the price range similar to the phones I mentioned
29. AfterShock (Posts: 3697; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Not going to move a lot of these I'd think.
Sorry LG, that sucks.
34. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 949; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Wait, isn't the Tegra 4i really old?
36. dancorcal (Posts: 39; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
As a fan of LG, I was really looking forward to this. LG, why did you even bother? FAIL.
37. R-vjn (Posts: 166; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
Oh gosh, LG had this all wrong.. :-/ broke my expectations and this really doesn't stand up to the G2 name...
It should have had,
4.5" 720p display,
S600 chipset, 2GB RAM,
16GB Inbuilt with SD Card slot and a large 2700mAh battery.
8mp camera with OIS
40. LGisgood (Posts: 596; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
the G2 mini is clearly targeted at more price-sensitive markets. It's not an attempt to drag the flagship battle into smaller form factors so much as it's an effort to appeal to a whole other demographic. LG makes that clear enough with its launch plans for the G2 mini, which will roll out in March starting in Russia and its neighboring countries, followed by the Middle East, Latin America, Asia, and Europe.
47. Feanor (Posts: 375; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
Great... but then this is not LG G2 Mini, it's just a new, unrelated to the G2, low to middle range phone with the wrong name.
42. mmayer54 (Posts: 19; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Sell it for $199 or LESS UNLOCKED and it will sell great!!!!!
43. BaffledTruffle (Posts: 135; Member since: 07 Dec 2013)
Dang, I knew LG was going to fail in this. I guess I'm gonna resort to Huawei's upcoming flagship, despite the size difference.
46. DANTExphone888 (Posts: 101; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Price it at maybe $179.99 it'll sell pretty well. If not it will get Smashed by the Asus Zenfone 5 @$149.99 Unlocked or the Moto G @$189.99.
48. vananucho (Posts: 56; Member since: 01 Jun 2011)
Come on, this is totally unnecesary! Call it a mini when it has the screen size of the past gen G? (Worse resolution though) And half the specs of the OG for about the same price the OG is selling now? This should be called the LG G2 Lite Mini umm... Core? It would been a better idea grab the OG and cram it into a new G2 inspired shell, It could been a more proper G2 mini than this POS -.-
49. tokuzumi (Posts: 466; Member since: 27 Aug 2009)
The Moto G blows this phone away in almost every way, except for the camera, and costs next to nothing. This phone will be a flop.