LG G2 caught on video, compared with Samsung Galaxy S4
The 5.2-inch display of the G2 provides more space and at its thin bezel LG’s new flagship is only marginally larger than the S4. You can definitely see the difference in displays right away. The bottom one belongs to the G2 and colors on it are vivid, but they lack that extra punch AMOLED gives. It’s up to you to decide which one you like better.
In other terms like resolution the G2 and the S4 are equal, both coming with a 1080 x 1920 pixel displays. The smaller size of the S4 screens results in a slightly higher pixel density, but the difference really is minimal.
Take a look at two of the hottest Android devices playing back video right below.
42. vishu9 (Posts: 247; Member since: 03 Mar 2011)
I'm all for LG, the G2 is great, but doesn't the S4 screen look better?
Deeper Blacks = Win!
4. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 4852; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
The person who uploaded this video was quick enough to set it to private. Something's fishy here.
6. tiara6918 (Posts: 1247; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
You're lucky to see the video, I can't find an alternative link on youtube
7. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 4852; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I didn't watch the video, Victor is the one who's lucky to watch the video, but we are very unlucky. Screw the guy who uploaded this to Youtube!
5. tiara6918 (Posts: 1247; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Lg G2 will crush the s4, but lg's timing is a bit too late, when the note 3 comes out there will be some stiff competition that could force to release a g2 pro immediately
9. Jason2k13 (Posts: 556; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
in terms of specs and benchmark yes, but the rest would most likely still be the same or similar, both have the same size battery to.
11. daniel_bargs (Posts: 322; Member since: 27 Nov 2010)
specs race is now coming to an end... you cant even see the difference in performance because Snapdragon 600 and 800 already reached the limit of maximum performance. Its now a battle of stand-out design, features and price tag.
25. sss_ddk (Posts: 58; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Maybe not in processor speed, but in other areas we still need evolution. We still need better battery life (which not only involves bigger batteries), more features, better screens (outdoor visibility/anti-reflection), etc..
31. Shatter (Posts: 1766; Member since: 29 May 2013)
The thing phones need more than anything is more storage. 16GB phones in 2013 is BS. You can put 7 good quality 1080p movies on a 16gb galaxy s4 which is a fail. Atleast it has micro sd, devices like the Nexus 4 just give you a giant middle finger on storage.
20. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
So LG should release the G2 Pro, just because Note 3 has a larger screen and a stylus??
8. mssaleh (Posts: 4; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
HTC One vs LG G2 vs Samsung Galaxy S4 real size comparison http ://goo.gl/zWUTIs
10. OmarF82 (Posts: 17; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
Tip: Next time a big video leak arrive download the video and re-upload.
12. justsayit (Posts: 112; Member since: 09 May 2013)
BIG SCREEN not always bigger
but seriously say, the phone not really nice for me, back buttons is a bad idea, hard to zoom when record a video
bezel less really look good
Still different with the s4,
s4 = more curved, oval shape
g2 = rectangle shape , curved edge, look like g pro with out home buttons
hope it has some useful feature, great cam - no washout colour on the g pro/g , great low light (atleast par with lumia 925), great sound
17. Lyngdoh (Posts: 212; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Agreed! Back bottons is a bad idea. Incase while recording a video and we want to zoom in and out using those buttons our finger can come in front of the lens and ruin the video.
13. pyradark (Posts: 712; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Mobile Bravia & X-Reality kills all of them
32. Shatter (Posts: 1766; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Sony gimmicks lol, bravia engine and their audio stuff is not hardware based and tons of custom roms have it.
36. pyradark (Posts: 712; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
atleast everyday, people use to open gallery & watch video so its not a giimick anymore, compare to S-Group, air view, smart pause, S-Crap and the ultimate killer S-plode, those are gimmicks that can be used often, but S-plode can use once in your life time if you survive!!!
15. kobainez (Posts: 292; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Here's the x-reality proof for all u haters haha!https://www.youtube.com/watch?
16. Jason2k13 (Posts: 556; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
that doesnt prove anything, it needs to be compared to the rest of the competition like the GS4 or HTC one, and its not very useful if it only works on the gallery.
19. kobainez (Posts: 292; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
It's sony technology why would they want it to work in other gallery when they hve their own?
22. kobainez (Posts: 292; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
What will u say when it beat the hell out of gs4 and htc one? Lets wait for the video comparison to see who's right
23. Jason2k13 (Posts: 556; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
im talking about if the engine works on everything, do you even know how the bravia engine worked on the XZ?
what will i say? i dont know, go find me a comparison and ill tell u what ill say
30. pyradark (Posts: 712; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Lol if sony make those engine applicable on every menu and apps, they just make the screen same as amoled which not natural. Watching film really needs a boost on saturation to make it pop!!
Aleo check on how an ugly screen xperia z beat htc one and S4 interms of videoplayback
34. Ronny666 (Posts: 108; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
Exactly! x-reality is just an improvement over their lousy display. HTC One and S4 already set high standards.
28. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 314; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
They show a video on their phone and that proves what? Compare the phones side by side and not on a video on a phone..
33. Shatter (Posts: 1766; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Lag, poor battery life, slow/ no updates, late phone release dates, overpriced products, their screens are bad, camera is too and they use that "shatter proof sheet" lie, all it does is make the glass shards not fall out if you crack it, their devices are also fingerprint magnets.
29. pyradark (Posts: 712; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Sony needs a lot of you! The more hater the more success!!!
35. therocker (Posts: 14; Member since: 03 Jul 2011)
g2 iz sure gonna be an galaxy s4 nd note 3 killer!!!!!!!!!! n sony wid its bravia engine or whatsoever it is is the worst display technology i've ever seen!!
27. zachattack (Posts: 442; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
Why people keep mentioning the ugly note line is beyond me. Tablets are not phones.. 6inch + is not a phone. Stop comparing phones to tablets. The note 3 will be as ugly as any of the previous galaxy phones. The G2 has no competition at the moment. I was hoping to see it poop on the S4 in this video but alas, it's not available
38. shuaibhere (Posts: 963; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
if s4 or note 2 is ugly...then g pro and g2 are also ugly....they use same kind of material and same design language expect the horribly placed physical buttons..
40. flynfree (Posts: 373; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
Why did you post video, if it is private!?
41. Taters (Posts: 2403; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I don't know. It looks a lot chunkier rather than marginally chunkier to me. It looks pretty fat compared to the sleek looking GS4. A case will magnify this even more.