LG G2 camera samples (vs GS4 and iPhone 5)
0. phoneArena 30 Aug 2013, 09:08 posted on
After Samsung became the undisputed kind of camera phones with the Galaxy S4, it's now LG's turn to challenge the king with a 13MP camera of its own. The G2 flagship has arrived and we've taken its camera outside for a quick photo shoot...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. chunk1x (Posts: 248; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
"Samsung became the undisputed kind of camera phones with the Galaxy S4"
3. pwnarena (Posts: 1049; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
hahahah! ridiculous! i'm not a nokia fan but either pureview 808 or lumia 1020 owns that title. best smartphone overall maybe but not best camera phone.
31. sats.mine2k4 (banned) (Posts: 208; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
Agreed he needs to change the statement...
"Samsung became the undisputed king of camera SMARTphones with the Galaxy S4"
Agreed 808 and 1020 beat the sh*t out of the S4 but both are feature phones...
54. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Cmon guys it's RAY S. Again, if you know what I mean..
73. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 417; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
Why are you here? Do any of you whingers pay a subscription, do any of you pay a cent to PA or its writers. No its a free site so if you dont like it shut up or bugger off.
94. Jobayer (Posts: 166; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
you shut up or bugger off. If they had a TV channel I would subscribe , guess what genius they don't .And more over we visit their website and see their ads which pay them .
55. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 864; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
LOL feature phones?
I'd love hear this...
75. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
That was probably the best insult to the 1020 I've heard, and I don't even think it was planned.
68. downphoenix (Posts: 2815; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
You must have missed the article where they did a camera comparison with the G2, GS4, IP5, Lumia 1020, and HTC One. Lumia 1020 got SMOKED in the comparison, it was probably the worst of all of them. Apparently the pureview tech from the 808 only transitioned in name to the Lumia 1020. We dont have the true Pureview tech from the 808, just some halfassed thing that only makes better pictures in some cases, but in others makes them worse. I rather have a camera with consistent performance personally, and the G2 and the GS4 both are great on these fronts.
72. roscuthiii (Posts: 1949; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
I wouldn't say it got smoked in that comparison, but I did expect it to do a lot better than it did if I'm recalling the same one. If it's the one I remember, there was a building in the first set of images, with an intersection in the forground. The street signs were sharp and eay to read on the GS4, and pretty legible on the iP5 & HTC One... but they were unreadable on the 1020.
97. jeff_1 (Posts: 105; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
@ downphoenix ??are you on drugs or something pal..
Lumia 1020 got SMOKED in the comparison, it was probably the worst of all of them?
geez you are the worst.
74. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4201; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
"Mainstream camera phones". The 808 and Lumia 1020 are NOT mainstream.
85. JulianGT (Posts: 86; Member since: 15 Oct 2012)
It wasn't written like that when the guy that commented wrote his comment
86. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4201; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Oh, I wasn't aware of the edit. My bad
19. noler (Posts: 297; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
When they write such nonsense is not surprising they do mistakes like this.lol
24. chunk1x (Posts: 248; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
It took them almost an hour to correct it. Sucks for them since I copied and paste it in the first place.
9. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1150; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Very poor choice of words pa.
Samsung Galaxy S4 may be a decent all round performer but not best camera phone. Nokia truly deserve that title.
17. artealis (Posts: 98; Member since: 15 Dec 2010)
"king of mainstream camera" is lumia 1020 mainstream smartphone?
is the super amazing 808 mainstream?
honestly i never seen any people take picture using 808, from the time it announced, release untill today.
sure nokia best this best that but most of that "best" living in some delution fanboy
37. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
how the hell is "mainstream camera" on the article
"mainstream smartphone" on your comment?
honestly i never seen any people used the word camera as a synonym of smartphone.
95. Jobayer (Posts: 166; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
lumia 1020 is mainstream unlike 808 , btw nice try.
41. cezarepc (Posts: 674; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Even my old and trusty Nokia-N8 can put the S4 pictures to shame.
Aaaaaaand a lot of tests shows that pictures taken with an S3 has more or less the same quality as the ones from the S4.
One of the best, yes. Undisputed King? No.
53. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Cmon guys it's RAY S. Again, if you know what I mean..
70. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Technically he did say “mainstream”. The Nokia 1020 is more of a niche product which does happen to take better pictures. It’s really marketed as a camera phone first. Even Nokia praises the camera features over everything else. The Nokia 1020 takes better pictures than any smartphone but it is not a “mainstream” product. Even a phone like the Note 3 is not “mainstream” but it will be one of the most powerful and feature rich devices on the market when released.
78. Commentator (Posts: 3021; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I love how this is an article about LG and everyone's fretting over Samsung vs. Nokia...
108. DFranch (Posts: 156; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
That is because not including the 1020 in a camra comparison is a joke. As was the camera "comparison" PA did to make the 1020 look bad. Most other reviews of the 1020 admit, begrudgingly, that the 1020 has the best photos hands down.
2. Credo (Posts: 720; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Lol, "it's now LG's turn to challenge the king with a 13MP camera of its own."
Isin't Nokia king of camera's anymore?
I putted it to the test with my fathers S4, LOL !!! My 8.7MP camera beats the 13MP of the S4 so easily, what a joke this article...
11. NexusPhan (Posts: 589; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
You need more unit sales than 3 to be considered. Sorry. That puts Nokia out of the running.
22. Amir1 (Posts: 308; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
nokia phones design are disaster. i feel like puking.
92. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
The L925 is a really sexy stylish modern looking phone just like Sony Z and T, Acro, oppo5, Lenovo K900 style. The L920 is kinda ugly
98. jeff_1 (Posts: 105; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
you kidding me pal?
desigcns awards wise..android npne..
30. papss (unregistered)
Says the guy with nexus in his name.
49. papss (unregistered)
And here is who ton again.. No means no, stop emailing me, I don't go that way
76. roscuthiii (Posts: 1949; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Why would you have given him you're email... unless you're just playing hard to get now? :-/
79. papss (unregistered)
He hunted me down on facebook and just won't stop. I gave him one flirty comment and he ran with it. ;)
5. _Bone_ (Posts: 2149; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
The Exmor RS is doing it's job very well. It's probably a new revision as the low-light samples off the announcement event looked pretty darn good. In good light, it's around the S4 Octa (also an Exmor RS) which is very impressive (the above posted S4 shots are made with the Exmor R on the SD version).
6. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
It's Ray S. Number one plastic boy..don't expect much from him..
13. smallworld (Posts: 463; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Ray S. is the one who said: "I chose Windows Phone" last month so...
7. pwnarena (Posts: 1049; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
nothing new with phonearena. they even call s4 the best selling smartphone even when it has not managed to dethrone the s3 yet.
15. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1694; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Let alone the iPhone 5 or 4s, which have outsold both.
26. AwesomestMaximuss (Posts: 142; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Man u really need to know what "best selling device" means..
take books for example..a best selling book is not a book which outsold every other book on the market..it is the book which is currently selling better than other books ....same goes for smartphones..
32. pwnarena (Posts: 1049; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
man you need to educate yourself better and quit being a fanboy. bestsellers mention periods of time that qualify them as to when they are the bestsellers. the music awards bestow awards for a given period and the award show mentions the year or some ordinal to indicate some period. if you don't mention a period and you just say "best selling smartphone," you are taking every other phone into consideration or at least those that are still available and are competing with the sales of what is bound to be called the best.
isn't the s3 also competing with s4 sales? you can't just say it's s4 era this year and say that's an automatic assumption. even the s4 is pitted against the iphone 5 which is supposedly last year's competitor to the samsung flagship.
35. pwnarena (Posts: 1049; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
you might be confusing your idea of how "best-selling" in books is used. when top-selling books are referred to individually, the term is only "bestseller," not bestselling. to be mentioned as best-selling means to include an indicator of which particular period.
This Dan Brown book is a bestseller.
This Dan Brown book is bestselling.
it should be
This Dan Brown book is the best-selling title for xxx xxx.
Your beloved PA only said "the best-selling Android phone."
8. Nokfan1603 (Posts: 26; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
Ray S., you are funny... Lumia 1020 is in another league altogether, maybe this is what you meant by your your first sentence.
16. Ray.S (Posts: 280; Member since: 19 Jul 2011)
Due to all the negative feedback, I re-worded my intro sentence to "After Samsung became the undisputed king of mainstream camera phones with the Galaxy S4." I think it's safe to call the GS4 the king of "mainstream camera phones", because while Nokia may have the superior camera tech in the Lumia 1020, it's still technology that requires an abnormally bulky phone.
18. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Mainstream does tend to help qualify things. I don't see the L1020 burning up the sales charts. LG might even manage to sell more G2s than Nokia sells of the L1020.
21. boosook (Posts: 1299; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Nice effort, but I'm afraid you won't convince Nokia fanboys (provided that Nokia has any, because what I think is that they're all on Nokia's payroll).
29. papss (unregistered)
Nice trolling... No one but SS pays fans and sissies to spew nonsense.
47. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
sorry i thought you were the only person spewing nonsense here...
51. papss (unregistered)
You are like a stalker.. Geez as usual nothing to add
63. boosook (Posts: 1299; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
I'm not trolling. You're right, Samsung does it, it is well known. But Microsoft and Nokia do it as well.