LG G2 Unboxing
0. phoneArena 30 Aug 2013, 04:02 posted on
The next step in smartphone evolution, or simply more of the same? The LG G2 is, without a doubt, one of the hottest high-end smartphones this season and we're pleased to have our own unit right here in our office...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. nexusdude (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
The design is really outdated. Even worse than Optimus G.
6. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3612; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Yes Optimus G's design was awesome, whereas G2's design is not that great.
11. nexusdude (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
Who's troll? I'm just stating the obvious. It's not that pretty.
13. zachattack (Posts: 621; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
You're not stating anything besides phone hate. This phone is obviously not ugly. Either you left your contacts in their solution, or you're just blind. Either way everyone has opinions right? Yours is just horribly wrong o.o
15. nexusdude (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
You obviously don't know the meanings of the words hate and trolling. All I said is that the Optimus G is prettier and not that G2 is ugly.
23. Taters (Posts: 5757; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
It's pretty obvious that you are hating. Saying that it is even worse than the Optimus g in design is saying the original had a bad design and this one is even worse.
Anyone that says the Optimus g had a bad design is a fanboy. That phone was gorgeous.
25. DukeX (Posts: 327; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Lmao look how his name is nexusdude. Remember the nexus 4 is really just an optimus g in a different body. Don't know if he actually has a nexus 4 but you see what i did there right?
19. Rafael97 (Posts: 16; Member since: 01 Mar 2013)
Being not that pretty or outdated are different things... I also think is not that pretty but it's modern though, with those slim bezels and an almost edge-to-edge display.
16. imkyle (Posts: 1058; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
t's the same design as the Galaxy S4. Both are nice handsets. Enjoy the new technology and shut up
21. JMartin22 (Posts: 1681; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Stop trying to force your dumb opinions down people's throats as facts. I like the design language of the phone personally.
28. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
so is your comment.
2. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1150; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
LG G2 Unboxing : "The unleashing of the monster"
3. bodzio1809 (Posts: 273; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Maybe LG G2 look similar to SGS4 but in my opinion it looks better, more premium. I wonder how optimized is LG soft.
4. monkeytown (Posts: 119; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
as much as i loved my optimus g and the LG UI, it has countless of mini bugs which drove me crazy :(
5. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1821; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
what a quicky unboxing..i can already feel the comfort of the buttons yeahh!
8. dome888 (Posts: 70; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
LG is fine if you don't mind software updates
10. zachattack (Posts: 621; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
Thing is sexy as F***. Now lets get some confirmation on september 12th release date yeah?
12. R-vjn (Posts: 172; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
That is one amazing monster, no doubt. I'm madly waiting to get my hands on one of these..and more eagerly waiting for Nexus 5, which hopefully be based on this G2 if its made by LG.
Also, there are some natural and funny facts about LG phones...I mean what I've noticed from my experience.
1. LG phones comes with awesome hardware but the benchmarks will not show that raw power. But the performance will.
2. The UI is, yes, a bit cartoony but have way less lag than something like touchwiz, which many claims is optimized.
3. They are well built than many of its opponents, especially in the high end category. (HTC's are in a category of its own)
4. Many people just hate LG phones just because its 'LG', which I find is, stupidity.
LG G2, as far as I have heard is the best android phone that money can buy to date. Hope they have really made that camera great..!
24. Taters (Posts: 5757; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Lg designs are much better than HTC. The finish on lg plastic is flawless. On htc not so much.
17. NexusKoolaid (Posts: 385; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
What happened to the days when people would simply take a still picture of the box contents to show people what's inside instead of producing these inane unboxing videos?
27. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
his review is so lame.
18. oNEWorld (Posts: 140; Member since: 01 Aug 2013)
Don't get why people are saying it looks like an s4, in my opinion it looks like a bigger nexus 4.
20. pooop (Posts: 7; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
Personally, I think it's got an awesome design to it, love the move of the buttons to the back. I haven't gotten the chance to feel it for myself but if it's around the same size of a GS4, then I think I've already basically gotten a chance to test it out. Nowhere near the same as actually holding the device and testing out just how easy it is to have those rear keys, but hopefully I'll be able to get that experience sometime late next month and afterward -- first job should quickly pay off the price of the device.
Any time frame for the review? I'm semi-new to Phone Arena and am not sure how quickly you guys push out videos about new devices (especially reviews, the LG G2's of which I am really interested in). If you haven't actually recorded the review video yet, could you please put a big question to rest and show off the recent apps screen? Some people have been saying multitasking is restricted to Slide Aside/QSlide, and others are saying it's both LG's software and the standard Recent Apps that can be activated from double-tapping/holding the Home button or some other software key.
Anyways, thanks for the unboxing! :D First batch of G2 videos is already showing the awesomeness that is that flagship :3
22. DukeX (Posts: 327; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Seems like a majority of LG haters are dying off lol i call it the Nexus 4 effect. Good to see them finally die out. The first types of haters to hold on to the past LG which is also dead. Sick phone btw.
26. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
G2 have a beautiful design slimmer bezel gorgeous display nice concept with the buttons on the back too make the bezel smaller