LG G2 Review Q&A: What do you want to know about LG's new Android flagship?
0. phoneArena 12 Sep 2013, 12:41 posted on
LG's new Android flagship, the G2, has just landed in the US thanks to AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile, and so we guess hordes of exalted geeks are going to head over to the carriers' stores to check out and buy the new, ultra-powerful smartphone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. khurram87 (Posts: 22; Member since: 01 Sep 2011)
Don't the back buttons get affected adversely when the phone is kept lying...on a table perhaps? Or is there any sort of imbalance when kept on a surface?
2. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 2129; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
How does the number of internal membranes affect the user experience?
29. Resqflyr (Posts: 18; Member since: 12 Apr 2013)
Ihave the LG G2 and the speakers are not the greatest. Not terrible but not even close to the HTC One
54. Shangri-La (Posts: 71; Member since: 04 Oct 2011)
In terms of sound quality or loudness? Thanks.
57. someones4 (Posts: 625; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Yes, can you hear them in a noisy environment. is call quality good?
Anything particularly annoying?
4. MalakiMills (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Jun 2010)
From a spec standpoint, this thing is a power house. Among the best out there. What would be the one thing, in your opinion, that would hold it back against the competition?
6. HalaMadrid (Posts: 92; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
I want to know about display, user interface,price and release date in Madrid
7. roldefol (Posts: 4302; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
How intrusive is the custom UI?
Do the narrow bezels affect useability or cause accidental presses?
How is the overall call quality? (PA's review says it's mediocre, but head to head comparisons have no complaints.)
31. Resqflyr (Posts: 18; Member since: 12 Apr 2013)
UI is very deep BUT, my GS4 seems to be more "In Your Face".
I have not experienced any unwanted presses.
Call quality is very good, equal if not better than my GS4.
Overall, I am begining to prefer the LG over my GS4. Just wish it had an SD Slot.
67. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
"Call quality is very good, equal if not better than my GS4."
First off, thank you for posting your experiences with the G2.
Regarding call quality, how does the G2 hold up in noisy environments (bars come to mind)? Is the sound natural (meaning it sounds like the caller normally sounds when you are speaking to them on a land line or in person)? As someone else posted, the G2 is the one phone I am thinking of purchasing this year. The PA review wasn't enthusiastic about call sound quality, and one of the things I use a smartphone for is phone calls, so call quality is something that is important to me.
8. theruleslawyer (Posts: 108; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
Does the screen wake up all the time in your pocket? The double tap to wake plus the button on the back seem like they would accidently wake the phone a lot.
9. Rahul2389 (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Sep 2013)
Will LG G2 have international warranty?
When is it releasing in India??
10. piratestation (Posts: 18; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
I've read on a forum with people having the Korean version and said it runs hot, ringtone not loud enough, vibrate is too weak.
Wondering if it's same for US version.
47. HeWhoDoesNothing (Posts: 157; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
A review from another site stated that the international version has "strong vibrational feedback". I think that's an issue with the Korean version only.
11. Simply_Leo (Posts: 3; Member since: 21 Aug 2013)
Does G2 have wireless charging capability? Verizon is showing wireless charger as G2's accessory.
15. roldefol (Posts: 4302; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I can answer that one - the Verizon-exclusive version has a unique back with smaller buttons and wireless charging built in. The other US versions are identical to the international and do not have wireless charging.
39. Resqflyr (Posts: 18; Member since: 12 Apr 2013)
I have not found wirless charging on my AT&T version.
12. mclifford81 (Posts: 75; Member since: 26 Jan 2010)
As far as outdoor visibility how does it fare against the SGSIV or the iPhone 5. Also is the camera leaps and bounds over the SGSIV or just barely noticeable? Also from real world use is is noticeable faster the the SGSIV?
32. Resqflyr (Posts: 18; Member since: 12 Apr 2013)
Outdoor visibility smokes my GS4, advantage IPS screen. Not quite as bright as my daughters iPhone 5 but very close.
If you have the GS4 w/ Snapdragon 600 like I have, the LG G2 in my opinion IS faster!
75. ArcWoolf (Posts: 8; Member since: 18 Oct 2013)
that's funny because LG and Samsung make Iphone's displays.
13. julaiele (Posts: 12; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
Can you make a detailed update on the G2 camera features. Like in HTC One's Zoe, does the G2 also have an "object removal" setting/button where the user can tap parts on the screen to remove unwanted objects/faces in the picture? Does it have also a slow motion capture & playback in the video mode? Please make remarks on these. Thank you..
14. LordDavon (Posts: 135; Member since: 19 Sep 2011)
I like the volume rocker's placement in the back of the unit, but do you find that your finger is touching the camera lens too often, and how often are you needing to clean the lens? Is there an easy distinction when holding the phone, that you know the exact position of the volume rocker?
38. Resqflyr (Posts: 18; Member since: 12 Apr 2013)
Qwerky at first but is now making perfect sense. If you really think about how you hold your phone, your index finger lands right where the buttons are.
IMO, it does not matter because I almost always use the "Knock On / Knock Off" feature to turn the screen on and off.
64. Lethe (Posts: 10; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
Docomo~ is only supplier in Asia (exc. S.Korea)?
17. giper54 (Posts: 13; Member since: 06 May 2010)
Best Buy shows a white version for AT&T. Is this correct, will there be a white LG G2 available for AT&T?