LG G2 KitKat update, Lumia 1020 vs Galaxy S3, Note 10.1 2014 release date and more: Q&A Episode 11
0. phoneArena 23 Nov 2013, 06:26 posted on
It's once again time for the PhoneArena Q&A, and, as always, we're discussing some intriguing happenings withing the mobile industry. Check our 11th episode to learn about the latest developments regarding the LG G2's Android 4.4 update, whether or not the Lumia 1020 can replace a Galaxy S3, the Moto G, and more...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1568; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
What will be the branding of the new Nexus 10?
7. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Not at all
These two are the last names that come to mind when we think about Nexus 10 branding.
11. WindowsiDroid (Posts: 122; Member since: 22 Jul 2013)
Asus or LG maybe? Coz these 2 are the only brands that could create the next Nexus 10 base on the rumors.
2. karim77 (Posts: 70; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
Why did google give kitkat the version number 4.4 and not 5.0 or 5.1 because it is supposed to be a huge leap like when google moved from ics to jellybean?
3. Reeyawn (Posts: 65; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
When will the LG G2 get KitKat? Or at least any timeframe when to expect it.
4. me0613 (Posts: 10; Member since: 04 Apr 2013)
Is it hard to reduce the size of the bezels on the left and right side of the screen? Does it increase the engineering cost in any way?
9. jellmoo (Posts: 784; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
Another item to consider between a 1020 and a 925 is that you get an extra GB of RAM with the 1020. Now WP8 is pretty memory efficient, so it may not make a big difference in your usage, but it is something to consider.
10. s5255 (Posts: 1; Member since: 23 Nov 2013)
please compare windows phone 8.1with ios 7 and 4.4 kitkat
14. Chris_Bakke (Posts: 218; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
I think that would be an interesting comparison.
15. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3464; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
The problem there is that WP 8.1 isn't out yet.
12. SPIDERMAN4 (Posts: 25; Member since: 13 Apr 2011)
Hi Ray Is there any version of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition that can play 4k video?and if there is what is it or what are they?
13. Chris_Bakke (Posts: 218; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
Has there been anymore information on the Nexus 10 (2013/14)? I'm looking to get my first tablet.
16. frazaco11 (Posts: 23; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
I own note 3 .I love big screen but also like taking pictures. Am at cross road between 1020 and 1520.
I need an honest opinion please. Thanks
18. kirholstov (Posts: 137; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Note 3 is a very good device: it has a good processor, a lot of ram, cool SPen software and a good camera. Why should you switch? But if you decided to switch only because of the camera of your device, the only choice is Lumia 1020, which is the best cameraphone on the market. If you want smoother performance and bigger screen size, Lumia 1520 is also kind of an option, but it's camera is worse than 1020's one and, probably, a bit better than note 3's (there are no comparison's at this moment). Note 3 to Lumia 1520 isn't an upgrade, they are almost equal. So, think twice before you switch! I hope that it helped!
17. mike2959 (Posts: 367; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
Forget about the G2 getting the update, not going to happen. The G got 1 update, the G Pro no updates and that's been out 9 month's, it's technically 5 updates behind now. Well not mine, Rooted and custom Rom here 4.3.1 baby!!
20. EarnYourLeather (Posts: 87; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Wasn't it confirmed by a French carrier already?
19. kirholstov (Posts: 137; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Is Microsoft going to keep Nokia as a brand? And what do you think about Xbox-phone instead of Lumia?
21. TomTheNerd (Posts: 67; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
Are the speakers/audio on the Nexus 5 any good?
22. Mohammad_Abu-Shukur (Posts: 25; Member since: 08 Nov 2013)
I hv read that microsoft and nokia r working on new wp8.1 or called blue...do u hv any info about it??
if,,,,, will it be released in new phones only or it will be an update to released phones?
23. Galaxy_StarGaze (Posts: 5; Member since: 10 Nov 2013)
Hello there Ray,
I heard that the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 can shoot 4K videos, the Snapdragon 800 version. Does that mean it has the ability to play back 4K videos straight from the phone? If so, then do the other phones that have S800 such as G2 or Z1 have that ability also?
Thanks in advance.
24. zekes (Posts: 221; Member since: 14 Aug 2012)
just curious why does the Sprint moto Xstill have jelly bean when all of the carriers have kit kat they haven't even done a Soap test
25. shopbychoice (Posts: 10; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
Undoubtedly, LG G2 is great phone .It comes with superb camera that allows the users to take crystal-clear image even low light . By owing this smartphone make
your professional life easy .
27. passion_plus (Posts: 4; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Does Android have built in feature for private talking to one of the parties in the conference call like in iPhone?
I know there are a couple of apps for that (Voxeet, Speek). But I always wished for better conference features on Andrioid stock.