LG G Pro 2 benchmarked, doesn't impress
0. phoneArena 04 Mar 2014, 09:05 posted on
We finally got to spend some quality time with a retail-grade version of the G Pro 2, LG's hot new phablet, and among the first things we decided to run this bad boy through was a series of performance benchmarks...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Atrixboyyy (Posts: 348; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Lol I guess performance doesn't always matter. Wonder what new phone people will choose since this is a dud. G3?
5. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
It might not score high on the benchmark, but it might still attract people who like phone with bigger screen. At this point, all newer phones are very smooth and it's really up to the end user experience. But I am kind of shocked that G Pro 2 isn't on par with the G2
35. varuntis1993 (Posts: 49; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
I had the original optimus G pro, in lg phones there is a secret code which I don't remember now which took us to settings and there was a option to disable thermal throttling. It used to run at 1.1 ghz instead of 1.7 and in antutu benchmark it scored around 20k which increased to around 25-26k after disabling the thermal heat throttling. I have heard that lg g2 also has the same setting, maybe on G pro 2 same setting has been enabled.
37. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Yeah, my girlfriend had the Optimus G and I think there is a Eco mode that use less process power when it's on to save battery. So you might be right. But either way, I think the G Pro 2 will be very smooth regardless the benchmark score.
31. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Well, I had a bad experience with LG phone in the past and good experience with samsung's phone... but that was in the era of feature phones...
2. sakurorhino (Posts: 47; Member since: 28 Feb 2014)
Xperia Z1 and Z ultra scores over 34000 on Antutu
8. asingha94 (Posts: 295; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
Lg doesnt cheat!!LMAO you people still believe on benchmark...as samsung is the biggest cheater
21. iTechies (Posts: 88; Member since: 28 Dec 2013)
yeahh thats right and LG is keep copying the samsung :))
23. asingha94 (Posts: 295; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
so what..optimus ui still better & customizable..... Samsung is no way near to the LG's camera & lg's hardware & obviously LG doesn't cheat.... so at least I don't care who copies who!!
27. maherk (Posts: 3706; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
You do know that LG's camera is a COMPLETE rip off the touchwiz camera? From the UI, to the modes, specially the beauty and drama modes, they didn't even bother changing the picture of the mode neither the name.
38. Jillxz (Posts: 149; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
I have the LG G2 and the camera is certainly not a rip off of the Touchwiz camera. Nope. No way.
29. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 987; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Youre so naive it is sad:http://www.phonearena.com/news
/The-numbers-always-lie-HTC-LG-and-Asus-all-found-to-boost-benchmark-scores_id47914go spew your rubbish somewhere else
36. asingha94 (Posts: 295; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
lol!my page also shows LG cheats..But not at least for this device & not for most of the devices!!see G2, G pro 2 & compare it with note 3 or s4 & most of the commenters are paid trollers by Samsung...It also have proofs all over the internet!!Just google
41. iTechies (Posts: 88; Member since: 28 Dec 2013)
LG gives me the worst experiences on my previous OG and G pro that's why i became a hater of that f*ckin LG devices! id rather choose samsung, sony or HTC over the LG all day!
24. asingha94 (Posts: 295; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
16. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Who cares about benchmark longest my phone run fast, smooth with no lag.
3. royalsovereign (Posts: 37; Member since: 01 Mar 2014)
First: xperia z1 on antutu 4.2 scored 35000 so why in here its 30000???
Second:I really suffered from LG products so I say LG is nothing just a weak copy of Samsung
20. iTechies (Posts: 88; Member since: 28 Dec 2013)
yeah i am really agree with that. LG gave me lots of bad experiences on their phones too!
6. drepope100 (Posts: 3; Member since: 13 Nov 2013)
Benchmarks. If you've been around long enough, you'd know that benchmarks mean absolutely nothing. I've seen devices score high then preform poorly in real world test (E.g Galaxy S4). I'm in no way defending LG, but the numbers are just for show. Nothing more.
14. Cicero (Posts: 869; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
Which phone do you own? I'm intrested to see what do you understand by smoothness?
By the way, which pc do you buy (both with the same specs.)? Acer or Toshiba? They use the same components but it maters how your engineers will integrate that components.
The same in mobile world. Choosing...choosing...Enjoy!
25. drepope100 (Posts: 3; Member since: 13 Nov 2013)
I own the Nexus 5, LG G2 and Note 3. What's your point? Even on a pc level, the same applies. Any tech enthusiasts will tell you numbers on paper is for show unless it's a huge leap in new hardware/software/optimization. In this case, as well as others, (e.g LG G2, GN3, Nexus 5, etc) the same Qualcomm processor was used with different benchmark results. The GN3 being faster on paper while showing lag in certain areas in real world, while the nexus 5 showed no sluggish behavior but scored the lowest in benchmarks in comparison to the others. Not to mention how benchmarks can be manipulated. Noob!
28. maherk (Posts: 3706; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
The Note 3 lags? And the LG G2 doesn't? I have the note 3, rooted, customized and I am yet to face any lag, and I've had it for almost 5 months now. On the other hand, my wife had the LG G2, and while it was blazing fast at first, a week later, and after installing her apps and moved her media to the phone, it lagged like a 800mhz single processor phone with 512mb ram. I had to install nova launcher to get rid of the lag.
39. Jillxz (Posts: 149; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
Your wife must have a bad phone then . I have the Verizon LG G2 for 4 months now and still no lag. Loads fast and rums smooth as butter. The quality of LG devices is so much better than Samsunsung devices. I have had nothing but excellent results with LG devices and will continue to buy them over other brands. While they may not be as popular as Samsung , they are sooo much better made.
32. jove39 (Posts: 1851; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Agree on N5...low benchmark scores but butter smooth performance.
11. jove39 (Posts: 1851; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
And here is confirmation about LG not cheating in benchmarks...look towards middle of page.
9. Federated (Posts: 261; Member since: 06 Mar 2010)
This is fake. My Xperia Z1s can easily get 34000 to 35000 on AnTuTu.
12. SageoftheSouth (Posts: 7; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
I am really at a loss at what is available to me as a prospective new phone owner. I have an overwhelming sense of ... meh. I don't feel like spending my money on any of these, maybe the "All New One" will blow my hair back.
17. livyatan (Posts: 867; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
PA, what kind of Note 3 were you using?
Mine never gets under 35 000 in Antutu.
22. cripton805 (Posts: 1440; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Did you update yours? Maybe they are using old benchmarks when the phone released.
30. livyatan (Posts: 867; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Well, I did updated to stock 4.4.2, but noticed no basic difference in the results(including the old and new AnTutu version).
My Note consistently demolishes the benchmarks ever since I bought it :p
33. emperor (Posts: 7; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
how are these scores not impressive. Android devices get different scores everytime. Sometimes my note 3 scores like this.
34. ddavis7387 (Posts: 20; Member since: 04 Mar 2014)
from my experience selling phones NOBODY CARES. I've never had a customer ask me about any benchmark scores
40. ThePython (Posts: 887; Member since: 08 May 2013)
Because benchmark performance totally defines a phone's real life usage.