LG G Pad 8.3 render shows a resemblance to the LG G2
0. phoneArena 26 Aug 2013, 14:24 posted on
Earlier Monday, we showed you a video teaser produced by LG for its LG G Pad 8.3; but one thing that the video didn't show was the actual tablet. For that, we turn our attention to a published report out of Korea that shows LG's now confirmed new Android powered slate compared with the upcoming LG G2 smartphone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. sats.mine2k4 (banned) (Posts: 208; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
wow the ear piece suggests, this can make phone calls... I thought sony pushed the limit with their 6.5 inch Z ultra... but OMG
2. MCrapp (Posts: 313; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
Gold Star and Samsung Brother's from different fathers!
14. Dr.Phil (Posts: 966; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
When it comes to tablets, it is natural that there should be somewhat of a bezel on the top and bottom so you can hold the device in landscape mode comfortably.
18. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
Unbalance bezel of phones/tablets are less of appeal for me.
19. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
I mean, the sides bezel are ok, but the top and bottom must be equal, and there's a lot of space for front panel speaker.
6. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6944; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
That's a nice tablet LG. But I thought they stop making tablets.
7. xoxoGeorges (Posts: 209; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
The Samsung copying is becoming embarrassing at this point.
8. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I find LG's UI very fluid and lag free when playing around with even a mid range model in the carphone warehouse, I'll await to see what they hold in store for the tablet. What they achieved with the G2 is a milestone for them, it only makes the LG G3 in 2014 all the more exciting with no bezels at all or a wrap around screen design. I think LG kinda let slip of the G3's specs last week, potential 5.5 inch screen with a 1440p display powered by their own ARM 57/53 big.LITTLE chipset.
9. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
1440p in a phone so unnecessary and wasteful... Spend money making screens more power efficient/look better and stop the resolution war.
12. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Hey, I'm not disagreeing with you but you know somehow that LG or possibly Lenovo and Huawei will add this for boasting rights when you'll be hard pressed to tell the difference, unless of course you happen to be clark kent with telescopic vision.
17. etotherescue (Posts: 33; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
The new G2 has the G-RAM. Its saves battery power.
10. Captain_Doug (Posts: 844; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I've been looking for almost this exact tablet. This will do. I was hoping for an updated xyboard 8.2 but this will most likely be more affordable.
11. Diego! (Posts: 533; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Samsung Galaxy S4 and Samsung Galaxy Mega. My Gosh LG, put yourself together and stop copying Samsung! ¬¬
13. Pyoung0560 (Posts: 26; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Alan F just could not just talk about LG tablet but had to find a way to mention Apple in his comments. Oh thats right this is Iphone arena.
15. frommars (Posts: 11; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
that top speaker design reminds me LG G2X(Optimus2) and LG Dare
16. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Oh sure, big resemblance indeed...
When you discount the changing of the placements of the LG logo from the bottom to the top, the moving of the FFC from the left side to the right side, and the movement of the front speaker from top bezel centered to all the way flush against the top.
And then do we even know if the G Pad 8.3 will have the G2's back-mounted controls?
Oh yes, for round-edged rectangles, these two are dead ringers.
20. R-vjn (Posts: 166; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
LG's time of misery is over I guess...!
Its time we start taking LG into account when we buy a tab or a phone.. I'm sick of hearing people just hating LG just because its 'LG'. In which almost all of them have never used an LG device...!