LG G Flex is the first smartphone with a curved battery
0. phoneArena 28 Oct 2013, 09:30 posted on
Several weeks ago, LG Chem confirmed that it has successfully developed a curved battery, and now we know which smartphone the cell will be outfitted in for the first time. This is, as expected, the newly-announced LG G Flex – the battery was made specifically for company's first curved screen smartphone, minimizing the dead space inside the handset's body by following its curvature...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1288; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Nice. Good job utilizing space..
but it should have been a 5"inch or 5.5"inch
6 is too large.. At least for me.
2. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Another beautiful curved display.
3. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Thought the Samsung Galaxy Round had curved battery?
4. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1506; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
It has not, that's why it has "only" 2800 mAh instead or the 3200 in the Note 3.
Good work for LG managing to put a 3500mAh battery in a curved phone!
11. lifeyourlive (Posts: 126; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
no no no, it even has smaller battery than note 3, actually BECAUSE it is curved! lul at that
5. Finalflash (Posts: 2695; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
PSH, does it have 64 bit with 1 GB of RAM, because otherwise it is not innovation or invention.
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10408; Member since: 14 May 2012)
A flexible battery isn't innovation to you? Really?
9. davidvvassallo (Posts: 39; Member since: 02 Jul 2011)
He was obviously being sarcastic, he was trying to make fun of apples new ipad air and ipad mini, which both have 64 bit cpus and 1gb of ram
10. Finalflash (Posts: 2695; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Thank you for breaking it down. I maybe should have added a /sarcasm or something.
13. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10408; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Fact is, A7 has the best per core performance but rivals the Note 3.
12. Leo_MC (Posts: 901; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
SE W300i - a 2006 phone - has a curved battery.
The difference between Li-Ion and Li-Pol is that the last can be molded into different shapes.
My first Li-pol phone was an Alcatel OT 500 something with black and white display back in 2002-3.
6. GrapeEyes (Posts: 248; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
The only thing this curved LG phone is good for, is that it can be my permanent toilet paper "wipe and wash".
14. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2572; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Quite expensive piece of wipe and wash and I dont know if it's water(shít) proof ;)
7. TomTheNerd (Posts: 67; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
I was wondering how a curved phone had such a big battery capacity.