LG G Flex drop test: does flexible mean unbreakable?
0. phoneArena 23 Nov 2013, 08:44 posted on
In general, a drop test is a drop test. No matter the materials used these days, glass is still glass, and given the right type of impact, glass always breaks. But, we've long been hearing about these fabled "unbreakable" flexible displays that would be hitting the market. The first is in the LG G Flex, and the guys over at Android Authority have put the device through a drop test...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
38. 90ninjas (Posts: 89; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
How would you think the screen drop would be good due to the bend? The curve only increases the likelihood that the corner will hit which is what breaks all phone screens.
Plus it's still glass.
40. optidragon (Posts: 2; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Yeah, as if other phone's glass cracks when dropped on the concrete.
44. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2459; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
And here we go again. The Dark Jedi living in his own dream world. Samsung's and iPhone's crack just the same way as any other phone.
60. darkkjedii (Posts: 10414; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Didn't say they don't, I said no wonder apple and Samsung are the big dawgs of mobile. I know they crack too, my 5 did
56. ngo2dd (Posts: 781; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
You know beside a couple of Nokia phone all the phone don't do very well. Apple and Samsung break.
34. E.S.1 (Posts: 289; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Why are we trying to have unbreakable screens?
I think great battery is way more important for example.
If someone is dropping their phone maybe they shouldn't have one.
35. RandomUsername (Posts: 423; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
How can it be flexible if the screen is made out of glass???
43. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2459; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
.......................... The SCREEN isn't glass. Glass is just COVERING the screen...
52. RandomUsername (Posts: 423; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
Didn't you see that video where the phone is bent flat onto a table?
69. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2459; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Yes I saw that one. Of course it might flex a LITTLE, but it still didn't flex a lot and it's highly not recommend to do that. Just try to push a little bit the center of your house's windows with your hand. It flexes a LITTLE. But in not exactly bendable.
73. RandomUsername (Posts: 423; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
I still wonder how that "glass" is made. Because normal glass can't even bend that little.
74. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2459; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Yes it can. As I said, just push the windows of your house and you'll see that it bends. Or if you mean that the glass is curvy, that's nothing special, but I guess you didn't mean that.
41. DONUT (Posts: 288; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
i love how the phone spun in the first drop. it was almost model - like haha