LG Fireweb is the company's first Firefox OS device
0. phoneArena 23 Oct 2013, 03:58 posted on
A Mozilla project originally known as Boot To Gecko was started back in 2011 with the aim of creating a standalone platform that is based on the philosophy of the open web, meaning no proprietary tech or software...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. D.Aceveda (Posts: 392; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
Awesome. Maybe one day Firefox OS will actually be good
2. GeekMovement (Posts: 2030; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Very androidy and a bit like iOS6 with the home screen icons and left swipe for searchbar, but the searchbar feature is quite interesting. Map feature (looks just like Google Maps?) is quite nice too. Would be nice if the UI has a refreshing look that stands apart from the other OS.
Overall can't see the appeal in this OS yet, but I hope it continues to improve and add some innovative features and UI tweaks to it.
3. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 755; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Any OS/handset which is good with low cost is appealing
4. GeekMovement (Posts: 2030; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
i wouldn't say that it's good just yet.
6. thephonedude (Posts: 60; Member since: 27 Oct 2012)
Let's just say it's an LG Optimus L5 with a faster clock speed and with Firefox OS in it.