LG F340 benchmarked with HD 720p display, could be the curved G Flex flagship
0. phoneArena 03 Oct 2013, 06:16 posted on
The LG G Flex handset is nearing release as the first commercially available phone with bendable OLED display, and its version for the Korean LG U+ carrier might just have been logged over at the GFX graphics benchmark database. The LG Vu 3 is F300, while the flagship G2 is F320, so this one might be LG's biggest surprise for the year...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
15. danko (Posts: 8; Member since: 24 Sep 2013)
agree , they should put 1000000x2000000 and maybe it wouldnt be enought for you.
i use 1920x1080 on my 25" pc monitor and you want that on mobile ?
3. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4595; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
What is advantage of curved screen smartphone?
8. Shatter (Posts: 1763; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Flexible screens can't be cracked and the screen will not break under the "glass" without you trying to break it.
11. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4595; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Maybe OLED based screen under the glass won't shatter, but the glass which covers actual screen still can shatter and it is doesn't matter it is curved or not.
9. mc1191 (Posts: 28; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
You can try dropping a china plate and a plastic plate from 5 feet above the ground and see which one breaks.
17. Volcra (Posts: 17; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
The screen won't break, but what about the rest of the phone?
12. GadgetsMcGoo (Posts: 163; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
These new curves screens will be great for those animals that are preyed upon. Those ones with eyes on opposite sides of their heads like rabbits, horses, cows, iSheeps.... Predator animals like my dog and cat are happy with the original flat screens.
13. sks1969 (Posts: 42; Member since: 04 Mar 2012)
Exactly, I think it is just to show that the screen is curved and flexible :) does it help with visibility? I don't think so. It will just butt out of your pocket :) if you tend to insert it into the rear pocket in your Jeans it could be PIA lol :)
4. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 394; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Hmm. Not much of a real use IMO. Bendy screens might be useful in retractable TV's like projector screens if someone invents one.
10. Shatter (Posts: 1763; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Actually there is a market for curved TVs and these displays should bring those TVs price way down.
7. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2095; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Good if this Z or G Flex has all features of G2 and only 720 screen then it would be again a superb phone from LG.
14. lifeyourlive (Posts: 126; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
I would fall on my ass if this by surprise would be nexus 5 :) i think everyone would