LG Enlighten goes official: Gingerbread with full QWERTY for $80
0. phoneArena 21 Sep 2011, 08:41 posted on
The entry-level full-QWERTY LG Enlighten has finally went official on Verizon Wireless after it leaked here and there, and while it doesn’t boggle the mind with specs, it goes light on your budget…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. JayLeBlanc (Posts: 33; Member since: 16 May 2011)
"Big Red is putting the handset for sale online tomorrow, October 22nd"
Do you mean September 22nd?
2. roldefol (Posts: 3663; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Dude, check your calendar, it's October 21. Have you been asleep the whole time? Lay off the Special K.
3. Samk1234 (unregistered)
Lol rodefol i think you should read your own comment cause its September 21.
You must be on the good stuff
5. roldefol (Posts: 3663; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
It can't be September 21. It was just September 21 last year.
4. G-Reg (unregistered)
Anyone know the RAM?
6. roldefol (Posts: 3663; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
No mention of it on spec sheets, which is not a good sign. It has 150 MB built-in storage, which is less than some dumbphones.
7. Gomer (unregistered)
It's nice for a cheap phone.
The funny thing is, this phone runs Gingerbread out of the box, yet the Revolution is not.
All these manufacturers suck at getting these devices updated.
9. ibap (Posts: 735; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
What's really interesting about this is what passes for an 'entry level' phone these days...
10. roldefol (Posts: 3663; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
The phone world is SCARY. What was top of the line 2 years ago is barely entry level now, what was top of the line a year ago is midrange, and what's in my laptop is now available in a phone.
11. roldefol (Posts: 3663; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
One relief for this phone and the Pantech Breakout: NO BING! Rejoice! Hopefully other upcoming (non-Droid) phones like the Stratosphere will follow suit.
12. cupcake (Posts: 106; Member since: 15 Apr 2010)
So, besides a slightly faster processor (+200MHz) vs. the archaic LG Ally, this Enlighten actually has a more WORSE battery life and resolution?? Not that I'd ever consider either, but downgrading seems... a step backword, in my opin... 0.o