LG Display's 2.2mm panel is world's slimmest 1080p glass for smartphones
0. phoneArena 10 Jul 2013, 23:05 posted on
LG Display on Thursday, debuted the thinnest 1080 x 1920 resolution screen for smartphones with a thickness of 2.2mm with a 2.3mm bezel; that makes it not only the thinnest FHD glass, it is also the narrowest. The display will give a smartphone more viewing display, make it lighter and easier to grip. The key behind the new display is something LG calls its Advanced One-Glass-Solution (OGS)...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1111; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
While it may be too late to put this into the Optimus G2, it may not be too late if they are thinking about producing an Optimus G2 Pro. I hope it's not too long before I am able to take a gander at this type of screen.
3. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1111; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Correction: PA didn't report that the screen size on display was 5.2 inches, so it may actually be included in the Optimus G2.
16. sid07desai (Posts: 290; Member since: 03 May 2012)
If LG makes the Nexus 5, they should implement it.
4. sriuslywtf (Posts: 297; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Wow.. Cute girl in the background.. Why blur her?
18. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Because when you focus on the screen (the point of the article) all other things in the background are automatically out of focus. Don't let your wang rule your life.
5. hung2900 (Posts: 949; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
It is clearly the slimmest LCD 1080p panel for smartphone, not in general, because OLED tech can make slimmer panel.
17. DannydaKid (Posts: 6; Member since: 15 May 2013)
"Today’s introduction of the world’s slimmest "FULL HD LCD PANEL" represents an exciting advancement for the high-end smartphone segment, and is possible due to our world-class expertise in IPS and touch technologies. LG Display will continue its commitment to developing products that maximize consumer value as well as opening new doors for the mobile and tablet PC industry."
6. byazatt (Posts: 269; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
This is another welcome advancement in display after what corning presented the other day! it means smartphone displays have more room for improvement.. how will next year be? *drools *
7. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
What happened to Optimus g pro, I didn't hear anything from it, I thought it will combatant with the gnote 2. It still exist? Poor g pro!
11. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1111; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Yes, it came out in May on AT&T but was released worldwide in April.
It's now a cool $99.99 which is a very good price considering it has a similar spec sheet to devices like the HTC One and S4 (all of them offer a Snapdragon 600 processor).
8. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
LG screens have always been some of the nicest so I expect this display to be the best or at least very close to the best.
9. asingha94 (Posts: 295; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
lg always first!! now want to change my 4x to g2!!bring it first!!