LG Device Loaner Program starts with LG G2
The loaners are provided to developers free of charge although the developer has to pay for the return shipping costs. The LG G2 Android flagship can be borrowed although the homepage for the website also displays the LG Optimus G and the LG Optimus G Pro. Developers borrowing a phone must reside in the U.S. or Canada.
1. sharks (Posts: 204; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
Finally! We should now see increased development on LG phones, especially the G2!
2. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
That is actually pretty awesome - contributing to the modding society like that at XDA. The loan period needs to be longer though. Maybe two months?
4. sharks (Posts: 204; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
Exactly! The XDA devs are gonna love this! LG's flagships have not always benefited from enough exposure, especially since LG started making the Nexus devices, which stole most of the attention away from the Optimus G and now G2.
3. md227a (Posts: 137; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Looks like this is now for application development more so then custom firmware or ROM development. But it is a start.
5. Davidparker (Posts: 10; Member since: 04 Nov 2013)
Sweet !! well good move LG , hope Lg will apply this to all upcoming flagship !!
6. nsrsindia (Posts: 12; Member since: 15 Oct 2013)
Now Start them Updating too. Developer will build apps not update your phones. S**t LG
7. apple4never (Posts: 1048; Member since: 08 May 2013)
awsome especially since it isnt only in the us of a
8. cboyroli (Posts: 3; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
how about a software update... kitkat 4.4 to the G2