Kyocera trying to increase Echo sales by offering free games
0. phoneArena 15 Aug 2011, 17:55 posted on
In an attempt to boost sales of their dual-screen wielding, Android-touting Echo smartphone, Kyocera is offering 10,000 free downloads of 12 premium game titles on a first come first serve basis…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. brant (Posts: 24; Member since: 08 Aug 2011)
I sorry but i wouldn't want this phone if they give it to me with a free year of service. If you've actually held the phone you can tell it made by kyocera.
2. dj (unregistered)
sprint loves these kinds of gimmicks. 3d, 2 screens, wimax, etc
3. Nicksully23 (Posts: 16; Member since: 09 Dec 2010)
Even this wouldn't make me want to buy this god awful phone.
4. MJ (unregistered)
Don't like the phone? Simply don't buy it. Those of us who have it, love it.
5. arek (unregistered)
simply made it global (gsm) phone. i really would like to buy it and use in europe....
7. ThePhoneGuru (unregistered)
C'mon people! the phone is not that bad. Call it gimmicky, but consider a few things. When I was selling Sprint phones, people loved the HTC Evo and Samsung Epic respectively. The problem was that the phone was too big. This gives those people an option to have a big screen, when they want it. The dual mode is very ingenious if you really think about it. If developers embrace this more, and Kyocera stays on top of the device, it should be fine.
8. jp (unregistered)
Kyocera Sanyo needs to make phones that appeal to people, Sanyo has made ugly phones for years that worked really well. Kyocera needs to go back to the drawing board on aesthetics, once they figure that out then they will sell more phone. Being that sprint has had a long relationship with Sanyo for yrs, sprint should force them to step up their game on design.
9. ben (unregistered)
You either work for Kyocera or Sprint. Kyocera phones are made cheap and Japan is to proud to take any advice from the people who work for the company and know what the market needs. They had everything they needed when they bought the business from Qualcomm, but where to stupid and arrogant. Now they are fighting to just stay alive. They will eventually screw up the Sanyo division and Sprint will eventually kick them out.
10. Echo Owner 5000 (unregistered)
12 Free games! Got em, thanks!
Many haters on a phone many will envy.
1. BIGGEST KEYBOARD EVER!!! Got Fat fingers? this is your fix brother, Wow...not only can you type on one screen dedicated to a full virtual, very responsive qwerty keyboard experience, but you can turn that sucker sideways with both screens together and get a Bigger keyboard across Both screens. Huge!
2. Gorilla Glass...you go ahead, buy a 20 dollar screen protector, this phone is already protected out of the box.
3. A separate webpage on each screen? Yes, two webpages opened at the same time, or one webpage across both screens, switch webpages to either screen, whatever....it's pretty cool.
4. Gingerbread! Yep, 2.3.4 ready to provide an ultimate Android experience.
5. Two batteries! Everyone buying a extended life, fatter battery to fulfill their android experience when this phone gives you two out-the-box. You can even charge the battery that's in your phone with the second battery in the provided ( thanks Kyocera ) charging port which holds your second battery, so you don't have to be stuck limited only to a wall socket while waiting for your phone to charge.
Look, it's easy to hate on a phone you don't own, but this, by far is the Best 3g experience I've had since turning to android, and yes, I own the Evo 4g.
My wishlist for the Echo 2 should one be in the works is duel 4" screens for an even bigger visual experience, 4g or lte added, bigger batteries for the bigger screens, and possibly an hdmi-out added to this beast. Maybe add duel-core processors, who knows. What I do know is this...it's been a fun ride so far.