Kyocera trying to increase Echo sales by offering free games
Kyocera is currently running a “Summer of Free Apps” campaign. The 12 games that the manufacturer is giving away for the price of zilch are actually quite popular and all normally fall in the $1 to $5 price range. These are the games that are available for free until the 10,000 download plateau is eclipsed:
Burn the Rope, Sonic the Hedgehog, Super Monkey Ball, Colours, Coropata, Crazy Dunker, Cupig, Induced Current, SmackTalk!, Space Wander Landing, Sudoku Master and Transporter.
As of now there are still a handful of downloads remaining for all of you Kyocera Echo owners out there. If you want to download one just head on over to the Top Apps section of the Android Market directly on your device. Tell us what you think of this promotion in the comments below.
1. brant posted on 15 Aug 2011, 18:55 0 0
I sorry but i wouldn't want this phone if they give it to me with a free year of service. If you've actually held the phone you can tell it made by kyocera.
2. dj (unregistered) posted on 15 Aug 2011, 21:41 0 0
sprint loves these kinds of gimmicks. 3d, 2 screens, wimax, etc
3. Nicksully23 posted on 16 Aug 2011, 00:19 0 0
Even this wouldn't make me want to buy this god awful phone.
4. MJ (unregistered) posted on 16 Aug 2011, 01:39 1 0
Don't like the phone? Simply don't buy it. Those of us who have it, love it.
5. arek (unregistered) posted on 16 Aug 2011, 04:32 0 0
simply made it global (gsm) phone. i really would like to buy it and use in europe....
7. ThePhoneGuru (unregistered) posted on 16 Aug 2011, 10:20 0 0
C'mon people! the phone is not that bad. Call it gimmicky, but consider a few things. When I was selling Sprint phones, people loved the HTC Evo and Samsung Epic respectively. The problem was that the phone was too big. This gives those people an option to have a big screen, when they want it. The dual mode is very ingenious if you really think about it. If developers embrace this more, and Kyocera stays on top of the device, it should be fine.
8. jp (unregistered) posted on 16 Aug 2011, 15:56 0 0
Kyocera Sanyo needs to make phones that appeal to people, Sanyo has made ugly phones for years that worked really well. Kyocera needs to go back to the drawing board on aesthetics, once they figure that out then they will sell more phone. Being that sprint has had a long relationship with Sanyo for yrs, sprint should force them to step up their game on design.
9. ben (unregistered) posted on 22 Aug 2011, 12:17 0 0
You either work for Kyocera or Sprint. Kyocera phones are made cheap and Japan is to proud to take any advice from the people who work for the company and know what the market needs. They had everything they needed when they bought the business from Qualcomm, but where to stupid and arrogant. Now they are fighting to just stay alive. They will eventually screw up the Sanyo division and Sprint will eventually kick them out.
10. Echo Owner 5000 (unregistered) posted on 27 Aug 2011, 13:53 0 0
12 Free games! Got em, thanks!
Many haters on a phone many will envy.
1. BIGGEST KEYBOARD EVER!!! Got Fat fingers? this is your fix brother, Wow...not only can you type on one screen dedicated to a full virtual, very responsive qwerty keyboard experience, but you can turn that sucker sideways with both screens together and get a Bigger keyboard across Both screens. Huge!
2. Gorilla Glass...you go ahead, buy a 20 dollar screen protector, this phone is already protected out of the box.
3. A separate webpage on each screen? Yes, two webpages opened at the same time, or one webpage across both screens, switch webpages to either screen, whatever....it's pretty cool.
4. Gingerbread! Yep, 2.3.4 ready to provide an ultimate Android experience.
5. Two batteries! Everyone buying a extended life, fatter battery to fulfill their android experience when this phone gives you two out-the-box. You can even charge the battery that's in your phone with the second battery in the provided ( thanks Kyocera ) charging port which holds your second battery, so you don't have to be stuck limited only to a wall socket while waiting for your phone to charge.
Look, it's easy to hate on a phone you don't own, but this, by far is the Best 3g experience I've had since turning to android, and yes, I own the Evo 4g.
My wishlist for the Echo 2 should one be in the works is duel 4" screens for an even bigger visual experience, 4g or lte added, bigger batteries for the bigger screens, and possibly an hdmi-out added to this beast. Maybe add duel-core processors, who knows. What I do know is this...it's been a fun ride so far.