Kyocera Echo on the Fringe of stardom
0. phoneArena 07 May 2011, 15:37 posted on
The dual-screen handset received its 15 minutes of fame by recently appearing in an episode of Fox's Fringe; hopefully it doesn't mean anything that in 2026, the device is still running Android 2.2...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. JaimeCarlos (Posts: 25; Member since: 17 Feb 2011)
Now that's advertising! Business has only two functions - marketing and innovation, and marketing is what you do when your product is not so good.
- "There is more similarity in the marketing challenge of selling a precious painting by Degas and a frosted mug of root beer than you ever thought possible" -
5. BaiGanyo (Posts: 308; Member since: 07 Feb 2011)
What a stupid statement. So any product anyone has ever heard of because of marketing is not good? Last I checked, most companies want to sell more of whatever they provide, and marketing helps do that. I saw a Mercedes commercial in a magazine today.... they must be desperate eh?
12. JaimeCarlos (Posts: 25; Member since: 17 Feb 2011)
Don't take it literally. I was just making an statement based in a good read and study of Edwin Herbert Land (scientist and inventor, co-founder of the Polaroid Corporation) and Adolph Alfred Taubman (described by CBS News as a "legend in retailing").
You are correct indeed, but my comment was focused in Kyocera Echo's lack of success. So it was a statement based on circumstances and applied as a relative truth.
Anyway, thanks for your observation, next time I'll try to write it clearer.
21. E (unregistered)
Sounds like BaiGanyo needs to read a book!
8. snowgator (Posts: 3345; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
I see sooo many TV shows with "cleaver product placement", I can not understand why it would bother anyone any more. It is kind of a sport- can you name the phone they show as "The Mentalist" gets a call, can you name the Tablet as the "Criminal Minds" team gathers around the conference table...
9. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
as a faithful mentalist watcher, i have never seen product placement of phones... they product place cars a lot... and i think tv shows focus on the cars more than electronics... there
2. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
haha watermelon... im pretty sure thats wp7... wudnt it be waffles?
7. fringefan (unregistered)
Its a TV show on Fox every fridays. It's quite amazing
13. JaimeCarlos (Posts: 25; Member since: 17 Feb 2011)
It would have been hell of funny if some smartphone appeared on LOST :)
14. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
haha ya the others wud definitely whip out a droid
16. NorCal (unregistered)
"hell of"? Damn... I suppose you are not from Northern Califronia. It is Hella. Try Again
17. luis_lopez_351 (Posts: 951; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Its actually Plenty, Very or a lot B.t.w. Use proper grammar if your going to reflect Northern California instead of making us look ghetto like your personal self. P.S. i Know what fringe is, But it seems that its rating are going down...like myspace lol.
18. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
anyways nobody says norcal... its all about socal
20. luis_lopez_351 (Posts: 951; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
South California really??? the reason California is in Debt because of Stupid L.A. and San Diego (Crime, illegal immigrants, corrupt people)??? Wheres your Brain???? PLUS without North Cal where would all your water come from(California water comes from the northern Sierra Mt.'s because the stupid ass Southern Mt.'s are protected and you hardly have mountains, mostly dry deserts)? where would all your food come from(Most food comes from the Sacramento and San Joaquin Valley excluding your polluted Berkly Fresno and other crappy farms South cal has) where would all your Equipment come from (Most of the exports from Other places come to the Bay area, SF SJ Oak. Because again L.A. and San Diego ports are protected for Tourist) and Guess How does California make money??? By Exporting Food from the Valley and Technology From the Bay area not your stupid Hollywood movies. Also did you Know Norther Cal Tried to Separate Ourselves from the southern part(Its called Compromise of 1850). We tried 27 times but congress stopped us because your lame ass southern part was too dependent on us. I hope we do a 28th try and succeed and put you uneducated crime starters(Applys to all races in the south) out of business.
26. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
ya dude where would u be without la? and anyways its orange country for the win... but honestly, la IS california... and so if we did split, you guys would be exactly like oregon... how do u like oregon? cause i like malibu...
4. BaiGanyo (Posts: 308; Member since: 07 Feb 2011)
Marketing is what you do whether your product is good or not.
6. skymitch89 (Posts: 1177; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
That would be funny if the "W" version of Android was Watermelon.
11. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
By 2026 I would think Sprint would of been bought out by Verizon
15. axllebeer (Posts: 267; Member since: 05 Apr 2011)
I'm a Sprint customer and let me tell you something...
I totally agree lol.
19. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 409; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
I think its silly to be using a current smartphone on a show set in the future, that would be like a tv how set now using a phone from 1996...